ADVERTISEMENT

Your opinions please...

JKC4USC

Gold Member
Sep 24, 2007
whoever our new coach is: Herman, Smart, Fuente, etc, How many of our present recruiting committs does he honor? All, some, none? Just wondering what you think.

whoever our new coach is: Herman, Smart, Fuente, etc, How many of our present recruiting committs does he honor? All, some, none? Just wondering what you think.
We will need to fill the recruiting class. When we have a line of big time guys in the next couple years we just don't have to give these guys their scholarships. They can transfer or play as walkons.

All I would guess. That's usually standard protocol for the new staff. I remember Freddie Brown was a Lou commit that signed with Spurrier. Only played a couple years though before transferring.

The new coach may bring some players/recruits with him also.

Does he pull a Dabo and only gets 12 really good recruits, so the next year he can try to load up on his own?

We will need to fill the recruiting class. When we have a line of big time guys in the next couple years we just don't have to give these guys their scholarships. They can transfer or play as walkons.

Wrong. We give guaranteed 4 years schollies now. We can't yank the scholly. A player can be released if he wants to transfer for playing time, but we can't "cut" him.

The new coach needs to bring in at least 20 players. He won't be able to get 20 new guys in the short time he will have before NSD. Thus, he will honor most of the commitments, but maybe not all. If he has better prospects he can bring in, he will jettison some of the current commits that he believes don't have "it" to play at this level. He won't look at their "star ranking."

Wrong. We give guaranteed 4 years schollies now. We can't yank the scholly. A player can be released if he wants to transfer for playing time, but we can't "cut" him.

The new coach needs to bring in at least 20 players. He won't be able to get 20 new guys in the short time he will have before NSD. Thus, he will honor most of the commitments, but maybe not all. If he has better prospects he can bring in, he will jettison some of the current commits that he believes don't have "it" to play at this level. He won't look at their "star ranking."
Dang, I didn't know that. Thanks for the correction.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT