ADVERTISEMENT

Your updated expectations for the final 5 games?

I actually feel the exact same way. We will beat Vandy and Wofford and have a very good chance to knock off Florida. We just can't afford anymore injuries. Stay healthy down the stretch and I think we win against Florida. UGA and Clemson are far ahead of us from a talent standpoint and beating either of those teams would be a huge upset, especially UGA. They really are strong this year. Offensively, I haven't been overly impressed with Clemson but their defense has been lights out. That game is in Columbia and I'll be hoping like he'll that we can get something going against them. 8-4 is still my prediction.
Woford is 6-0. They run the ball very well. Citadel beat us 2 years ago. Take nothing for granted. Troy beat L.S.U. this year.

Reactions: robertfootball
Woford is 6-0. They run the ball very well. Citadel beat us 2 years ago. Take nothing for granted. Troy beat L.S.U. this year.
You can always tell the new Carolina fans when they start predicting wins several weeks out.lol As a Carolina fan, you predict NOTHING.

I think 8-4 is possible and probably the ceiling with this team. That said, eight wins would be fantastic and land us in a nice bowl. It would also bolster recruiting and give us great momentum. As a fan, I have the luxury of looking ahead and playing these what if games. Hopefully the team understands they are not good enough to overlook anyone, including Wofford.

My dream? Beating Clemson. I remember when we were winning big there were many saying we placed too much importance on the Clemson game. After the past two years I would trade every game for a win against them. Not ashamed to admit it either. I hope our players think the same way and we play our best game against them.

Reactions: robertfootball
My dream? Beating Clemson. I remember when we were winning big there were many saying we placed too much importance on the Clemson game. After the past two years I would trade every game for a win against them. Not ashamed to admit it either. I hope our players think the same way and we play our best game against them.
The ones that said beating Clemson wasn't important don't understand the rivalry. They're either new fans or naive as can be. Muschamp tried to play that game of "just another game" leading up to it. They baptized him quick and embarrassed him, and Dabo snubbed him at midfield to top it off. Bet he has a different mindset this year, even if he won't admit it.

Reactions: king ward
The Vandy game is very scary . It's 100% a trap game . They play tough defense and our offense is still abysmal. I said at the beginning of the year before NC State that the only way we had a chance this year was by keeping Deebo healthy. . Well that didn't happen and we still won a few games we should have lost . I've been very critical of this staff but honestly with the amount of injuries that have piled up , they have pulled out a minor miracle so far . We look terrible for 85% of the game and still get W's and that's the only stat that matters . Give credit where credit is due . That being said I still think UGA and Clemson still destroy us . The talent gap is just too wide . To much speed and Physicality for us on both sides of the ball . Vandy and Wofford will both be hard fought wins . Neither game will be a cupcake . Wofford ALWAYS gives us fits with the triple option . Florida is a toss up . They still suck on offfense but that defense is still Very nasty . I say 7-5 would be my guess .
Vandy plays tough defense? I agree usually, but haven't they given up 50+ the last three games?

The ones that said beating Clemson wasn't important don't understand the rivalry. They're either new fans or naive as can be. Muschamp tried to play that game of "just another game" leading up to it. They baptized him quick and embarrassed him, and Dabo snubbed him at midfield to top it off. Bet he has a different mindset this year, even if he won't admit it.
One of the reasons I wish we were still in the same conference with them is so that the Millennials wouldn't have any excuse not to truly hate them above any other opponent, which is the definition of an arch-rival.

We beat Vandy, Florida, and Wofford and go 8/4!

This seems entirely plausible. In fact, I'm more worried about Vandy than UF. Not a knock on UF, just a reflection of how Vandy plays us. They give us fits. If UF is 'off' that day, we'll beat them.

Before the season I figured 6 wins. After beating NC st and Mizzou on the road I think we will get 7. Vanderbilt is a bad match up for us, they are a good team. The only guaranteed (Not guaranteed but game we are favored) win I see is Wofford . However as a Gamecock fan I always expect to lose a game we should win and win a game we should lose. So who knows but Muschamp at least needs a bowl game.

Are you serious? SC is NOT losing to Vandy, not this year's Vandy. Wake up man, this is a bad Vandy team, 0-4 in the SEC and giving up over 50 ppg in last 4. SC does not lose to teams like that under Muschamp. Period. Get out of here with the "Vandy is a good team" bs.

Reactions: jonesz21
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT