ADVERTISEMENT

You're the Coach

hunterscock

Mar 16, 2015
What changes would you make for his week if any? Here's what I do by position:

1. QB: If Bentley is 100% I start him, but I have specific packages ready for Joyner, including throwing the ball, and he will play several series. RPOs aren't effective if the QB doesn't run and pass.

2. RB: I'm starting Turner. We need his explosiveness to go the distance (of course if he doesn't trip over a yard marker).

3. WR: No real changes but place an emphasis on getting Shi Smith & Josh Vann the ball.

4: TE: Put in and flex Hinson.

5. OL; No changes, but would begin inserting at times some of the second teamers to get them experience.

6. DL: 4 down (K. Smith, Kinlaw interior and Blackshear, K. Thomas outside). Bring in Sterling, Johnson & others for rabbit package during obvious passing downs.

7. LB: Brunson, BAW & Fennell or Louis.

8. Secondary: Horn & Fenton at CB, Montac & Mukuamu

You know the definition of insanity. It's time some changes are made. If we lose this week, I look for wholesale changes.

1. QB: If Bentley is 100% I start him, but I have specific packages ready for Joyner, including throwing the ball, and he will play several series. RPOs aren't effective if the QB doesn't run and pass.

2. RB: I'm starting Turner. We need his explosiveness to go the distance (of course if he doesn't trip over a yard marker).

3. WR: No real changes but place an emphasis on getting Shi Smith & Josh Vann the ball.

4: TE: Put in and flex Hinson.

5. OL; No changes, but would begin inserting at times some of the second teamers to get them experience.

6. DL: 4 down (K. Smith, Kinlaw interior and Blackshear, K. Thomas outside). Bring in Sterling, Johnson & others for rabbit package during obvious passing downs.

7. LB: Brunson, BAW & Fennell or Louis.

8. Secondary: Horn & Fenton at CB, Montac & Mukuamu

You know the definition of insanity. It's time some changes are made. If we lose this week, I look for wholesale changes.

Pretty much agree with your plan with a couple of exceptions. I would start Mon at RB and give him the opportunity to get in a groove, then spell him with all of the other three. Then whoever had the hot hand would tote the rock the rest of the day and likely start next week. And at QB I'd do what you said but I'd possibly give Scar a quick look too.

Reactions: king ward
- Coach protecting the football and win the turnover battle
- Coach the defense to bring their best on every series. We look great at times on defense, and then we suddenly stop tackling. Got to give 100% on every series.
- Figure out a way to help Bentley improve. Granted UGA and UK are good defenses, but we aren't going to win many games if he doesn't perform better.

I actually don't think it is the play-calling or schemes that are hurting us. I think it's the lack of execution from the players that hurts us.....which ultimately comes back to basic coaching fundamentals.

Reactions: king ward

RPO isn't Read option. RPO works just fine when a QB doesn't run. The QB then has a quick read and a quick dump if his read isn't there. His ability to run doesn't factor into it unless they bring fast pressure or someone misses a block.

Reactions: lowcountry_cock13
Run the ball, run the clock. Can't get in a scoring fest because they will win plus reduces chance of INTs. Then give Joyner a couple of scripted series. Let him throw a couple dumps to TE increase his confidence. That way Mizzou don't know if he will run or pass, they will have to have a spy so run a few option plays to open those short dumps. See if he can move the ball.

Then run some more. I said on Sunday I bet Joyner gets a few reps this WK because I think if nothing else the pressure is starting to mount. Champ will do it to either shut the fans harassment about Joyner or the most obvious would be to find some success.

Time control will be key because Lock can score.

Pretty much agree with your plan with a couple of exceptions. I would start Mon at RB and give him the opportunity to get in a groove, then spell him with all of the other three. Then whoever had the hot hand would tote the rock the rest of the day and likely start next week. And at QB I'd do what you said but I'd possibly give Scar a quick look too.
Agree on Mon.

I agree with basically everything you said, which is exactly why I'm positive we'll never see it. Any of it.

1. Spent the week doing whatever is necessary to hire Brad lawing.
2. Make sure Ryan Hillinski graduates in December and enrolls in January.
3. Sacrifice a virgin Bengal tiger to stop the rash of injuries we've had.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT