ADVERTISEMENT

Ytube up to$65

What is Ytube? Is he just abbreviating YOUtube? Seems a tab unnecessary to abbreviate for a 3 letter word! LOL

Regardless- I have Hulu Live and was pissed they bumped the price up about $5 on me earlier this year, was thinking of Switching to Youtubetv but sounds like it is about $10 more a month than I pay for Hulu so...

Reactions: GreatestCock
What options are there? I don't get enough channels for OTA only.

I ditched Spectrum TV in January because their price went up and their streaming app was horrible. I was not going to rent more boxes.

Spectrum phone + internet runs me about $90 per month. With TV my bill had crept up to $180. With YTV I got it down to a little under $150. I still have some wiggle room. Plus, my sons and my stepdaughters all have it because I'm allowed 6 people to share my account.

I ditched Spectrum TV in January because their price went up and their streaming app was horrible. I was not going to rent more boxes.

Spectrum phone + internet runs me about $90 per month. With TV my bill had crept up to $180. With YTV I got it down to a little under $150. I still have some wiggle room. Plus, my sons and my stepdaughters all have it because I'm allowed 6 people to share my account.
Hulu live is an option. You should cancel the phone, and get Spectrum to drop your internet to $49.95. They will do it if you threaten to leave. If they won’t, then actually LEAVE. They have been ripping you off for a long time, you have no loyalty there. They have a $49.95 special going on, I am on it now.

Pardon me for this question. But basically these services require me to have an internet provider already in place. Then I can choose from Hulu, You Tube, etc for a fraction of cable? Assuming their channel lineup is to my liking.
Correct?

I just got the email as well - Will we ever be able to pay per channel? I could careless about 85% of the channels. Bet $$$ if folks started dropping like flies they would reconsider the price hike. Seems they could wait until folks went back to work. With so many people out of work right now it will be hard on them.

Pardon me for this question. But basically these services require me to have an internet provider already in place. Then I can choose from Hulu, You Tube, etc for a fraction of cable? Assuming their channel lineup is to my liking.
Correct?
Yes. Usually with a streaming device such as Roku. Picture quality is good and YouTube TV doesn't have buffering issues like some used to. Hulu was really bad for me. Maybe they have improved. Have not tried Sling except for their free service.

I goofed around and let my YouTube renew on the 19th but its getting cancelled now for sure.

Sling also had a price increase last year. I canceled my subscription 2 months ago because simply there were no sports to watch. I watch thru my antenna now and still stream free Youtube and stream free movies thru Hoopla and Canopy.

I guess when college football season comes this fall (if it does) - I will resubscribe to Sling mainly for the sports. I was paying $35.00 per month before I canceled.

I just got the email as well - Will we ever be able to pay per channel? I could careless about 85% of the channels. Bet $$$ if folks started dropping like flies they would reconsider the price hike. Seems they could wait until folks went back to work. With so many people out of work right now it will be hard on them.
could be costly to be careless with this stuff

I’ll never pay that kind of money again to be lectured to by the woke corporations, telling me what a bad person I am. If the family doesn’t like it they can hit up a f****n library when they open back up, or find some sucker friends willing to pay for wokeness propaganda.

Reactions: cocks rule
streaming services are the new cable

I read an article about this some time ago, back when streaming was first getting big. It predicted this kind of thing. Either that services would just end up costing as much or close to as much as cable or that you'd need to subscribe to multiple services to get all the content you want and end up paying as much as cable.

For me, I just only subscribe to streaming during college football season so I can have ESPN then drop it when the season is over.

I pay $220 a month for uverse tv,phone,internet. But I need the phone for work purposes. The only reason I have it.

Hulu live is an option. You should cancel the phone, and get Spectrum to drop your internet to $49.95. They will do it if you threaten to leave. If they won’t, then actually LEAVE. They have been ripping you off for a long time, you have no loyalty there. They have a $49.95 special going on, I am on it now.
Can't cancel the phone. My wife works from home and needs it. Hulu Live has been going up too. The networks are greedy.

Reactions: Gamecock Lifer
I read an article about this some time ago, back when streaming was first getting big. It predicted this kind of thing. Either that services would just end up costing as much or close to as much as cable or that you'd need to subscribe to multiple services to get all the content you want and end up paying as much as cable.

For me, I just only subscribe to streaming during college football season so I can have ESPN then drop it when the season is over.
That's an option. Except I'd like it during basketball season too.

Reactions: MowerDave

How do you like their internet? I'm thinking of dropping Att internet for Spectrum. TIA

How do you like their internet? I'm thinking of dropping Att internet for Spectrum. TIA
It sucks. The bandwidth is inconsistent. I have to reboot the modem and router several times a week and when it is running it frequently cuts out. ATT has fiber to my house so I can switch. Before I do I want to talk with people who have it. My understanding is that it is more reliable because it uses less copper and they bury the cable coming into your house. It sill uses copper inside your house unless you want to have everything re-wired - which is expensive.

It sucks. The bandwidth is inconsistent. I have to reboot the modem and router several times a week and when it is running it frequently cuts out. ATT has fiber to my house so I can switch. Before I do I want to talk with people who have it. My understanding is that it is more reliable because it uses less copper and they bury the cable coming into your house. It sill uses copper inside your house unless you want to have everything re-wired - which is expensive.
Fiber is a smaller fiber optic cable that carries multi media on different bands of the cable. It is much better than coax as a carrier. It should not require rewiring. They just take one fiber cable to your hub where your router is. If you have more than 1 tv, you may need more than one hub.

they are all going to creep up, I just feel better not feeding Spectrum & Directv these days. If could be assured of a suitable internet substitute I would fire spectrum on that front too. HULU is not perfect, but for our limited TV viewing (especially during the sports void), its fine & Disney + is only there for the return of Baby Yoda this fall

The Fed is buying corporate debt. If the Fed hadn't stepped in the stock market would be a lot lower. The thing is how long can the Fed support it? It ended badly in 1999 and 2008 when the Fed had investors backs. We have a trillions of ton more debt now than we did in 1999 and 2008.

Fiber is a smaller fiber optic cable that carries multi media on different bands of the cable. It is much better than coax as a carrier. It should not require rewiring. They just take one fiber cable to your hub where your router is. If you have more than 1 tv, you may need more than one hub.
So they would bring it in the house?

From what I understand, fiber optic cabling needs to run in a straight line - or at least almost a straight line. It does not tolerate 90 degree turns.

if everyone would cancel for two months they would lower their price. You typically get what you want when everyone pulls together.

So they would bring it in the house?

From what I understand, fiber optic cabling needs to run in a straight line - or at least almost a straight line. It does not tolerate 90 degree turns.
Mine for instance comes from the main line at the drive way goes into their distribution box and then they run into the room where you need it.

Reactions: OldWiseCock
Man! That's some bull. I used the service for a few months last year just so I could watch Cocks WBB away games, tape games or watch them live if I could not attend. I quickly canceled once the season was over. For 49.99 it was a decent deal - but 65 sheesh! I might have to depend on Robbie posting the games on youtube if we get a season this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT