ADVERTISEMENT

Zags beat UF by 4 and UT by 10

Sending an SOS

Aug 20, 2005
So how is it a foregone conclusion that we will lose this game by most analysts? I'll tell you why - it's the same reasons we were predicted to lose every tournament game. No one respects us...

But these guys could give 0 sh*** about what anyone else says. They are on a mission!

Gamecocks by 6.

Reactions: bengoshi73
Who knows?!

They went 2-0 against those teams with avg. margin of victory of 7 points
We went 4-1 against those same teams with avg. margin of victory of 6.6 points (if you include the 15 point loss to UF)

You let them play UF 3 times and tell me there isnt a good chance UF beats them 1 out of 3

Should be a good game!!

Scoring will be at a premium for both teams. Hard physical defense is the theme of the day Saturday.

Absolutely right.
Add to that, nerves for at least first 2 TV timeouts, and then shooting 3s in a Dome = low scoring, hard nosed defense.

None of that matters, all that matters is who shoots the FT better. At this juncture the FT win or lose the game in the end.

Guys - it's not a lack of respect. If we had played a full season like we did the last 4 games, then at worst it would be a toss up, and we would probably be favored.

I personally think the late season swoon was an exception, not the rule, and the tournament is the real team. But seriously, it's hard to blame a sports writer for viewing this team skeptically with the level of competition we will face at the Final Four. But I'm not. I'm a fan, and I think we can do it.

Reactions: bengoshi73
Strange stat of the day: UT men were 0-5 against teams in the Final Four; UT women were 3-1 against Final Four teams.

We beat UF by 4 & 7 & UcheaT by almost 30. None of that will matter Saturday. What will matter is for our bigs to go hard in the paint, to stay out of foul trouble, and for Silvia especially to be the glass man. Plus, we hopefully get some fresh legs this week to continue to dominate on D and keep it going on O

The general lack of respect is entirely based on the #7 beside our name (which we earned with our late season swoon). They say there is no explanation for our tournament run, but we say there is no explanation for our horrible late season swoon. If we are right, and February was an anomaly, then we are the best #7 seed in history.

Reactions: king ward
The general lack of respect is entirely based on the #7 beside our name (which we earned with our late season swoon). They say there is no explanation for our tournament run, but we say there is no explanation for our horrible late season swoon. If we are right, and February was an anomaly, then we are the best #7 seed in history.
I'm glad you had the integrity to include the part you placed in parentheses. It lent credence to your post.

The biggest reason is the fact that have only lost 1 game all year. That's hard to do in job basketball. Really hard for them. Let's just win!

Someone needs to take that Bill Brasky out early....or at least get him in foul trouble. He looks like a hacker. I'm not playing, so it doesn't matter, but I was a lot more concerned with UF (again) and KeVaughn Allen dropping another 35 like he did on the Badgers. He had 13. This lumberjack needs to earn every point. I trust Frank and the team are ready

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT