ADVERTISEMENT

Zamir White recruitment (NC RB 2018, #3 in nation)

vehemon

Sep 2, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I don't remember ever seeing his name really pop up in the recruitment circles for us.

Any particular reason? Looks like he's narrowed down to 4 with Alabama and Jawja making the list.

I know we didn't get any RBs for 2017 so I would think that would help bump up recruitment for RBs in 2018.

I am willing to bet Clemson racks up in North Carolina...they'll get the top 2 in White and Henry & we may get #3 and #4 with Standridge and Hollifield for us....who knows, it may be a majority Palmetto flavor for top 10 talent in North Carolina this recruiting cycle....

I am willing to bet Clemson racks up in North Carolina...they'll get the top 2 in White and Henry & we may get #3 and #4 with Standridge and Hollifield for us....who knows, it may be a majority Palmetto flavor for top 10 talent in North Carolina this recruiting cycle....
Was South Carolina ever in the running with White?

It's been pretty much a Clemson vs UGA battle. He is a legit talent. Gurley, Fournette, Barkley type talent.

Help a bruther out!! Why is there a thread about a kid who is not interested in being a Gamecock? There are plenty of very talented prospects considering our program seriously...We don't have to discuss young men choosing between Jawja, Clensin and others

I think we are heavy after 4 star Master Teague III. We went after White but knew it would be a very long shot so we are after a very good back that has us very high on his list. probably will get Teague. For a while it seemed White was all Clemson but after visit to UGA this past weekend, it seems he is very heavy to Georgia right now. We can move on from him because it would be a waste of time and resources. Teague will be our RB this year I believe.

Reactions: vehemon
I think we are heavy after 4 star Master Teague III. We went after White but knew it would be a very long shot so we are after a very good back that has us very high on his list. probably will get Teague. For a while it seemed White was all Clemson but after visit to UGA this past weekend, it seems he is very heavy to Georgia right now. We can move on from him because it would be a waste of time and resources. Teague will be our RB this year I believe.
Ok, that's what I figured/hoped.

We need to make sure we keep up our NC ties. It seems like there is a lack of attention for some NC recruits at times.

He has been heavy to UGA for some time, did not just start, i have been posting that against the tatters who think they will get all 3, White, Lawrence, and XT.

Something about being the next Todd Gurley, NC back goes to Georgia, stars, is appealing to him.

Why no one wants to be the next Clowney, star DE, #1 pick in the draft, baffles me LOL

Last February 2016, White article cut and paste:

Georgia is my leader now by quite a lot,” White said, who’s also the nation’s No. 2 overall prospect for 2018. “I’m just a serious person with all of this. I just know what I want.”

Why does the 6-foot-1, 205-pounder like UGA?

“The Georgia run game is really powerful,” White said. “It has always been. It seems like it.”

The 5-star prospect said he’s been clocked at 4.4 seconds in the 40-yard dash. The North Carolina native from Scotland County High School is already getting used to hearing comparisons to former UGA great Todd Gurley.

I still say Clemson misses on all 3, White, XT and Lawrence.

Reactions: Big"T"Dawg
Help a bruther out!! Why is there a thread about a kid who is not interested in being a Gamecock? There are plenty of very talented prospects considering our program seriously...We don't have to discuss young men choosing between Jawja, Clensin and others

Because that's the way our fan base has been forever.

Reactions: lawcalcock
Because that's the way our fan base has been forever.
You learn from your mistakes. This quote is massively overused but maybe some Gamecock fans here could still use the lesson.

"Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it."

I was surprised to see such a high profile recruit in NC that appeared to not give the Gamecocks any consideration. I wanted to know why.

Thought Bentley was all over this. Literally writing or texting white daily. Was that wrong?

You learn from your mistakes. This quote is massively overused but maybe some Gamecock fans here could still use the lesson.

I was surprised to see such a high profile recruit in NC that appeared to not give the Gamecocks any consideration. I wanted to know why.

We were 3-9 and 6-7 and you are wondering why a 5 star from out of state didnt give us any consideration? Gotta start turning 3 and 4 star guys into 5 stars before we start getting 5 stars normally.

Reactions: IH8FATBRAD
We were 3-9 and 6-7 and you are wondering why a 5 star from out of state didnt give us any consideration? Gotta start turning 3 and 4 star guys into 5 stars before we start getting 5 stars normally.
He's from NC... I thought we were doing well with NC recruitment.

Your statement doesn't give any detail except a simple directive of... hey he's out of state and it's because of our recent record.

It seems to be answered above. He appears to like the Todd Gurley reference and he believes Georgia has had a good rushing offense.

He is a running back. That makes no sense.

But Bentley is so good and so young it's inevitable White would be overlooked by the average viewer. He's going to get all of the talk on any broadcast. Look at how Watson overshadowed Gallman from a national perspective.

He's from NC... I thought we were doing well with NC recruitment.

Your statement doesn't give any detail except a simple directive of... hey he's out of state and it's because of our recent record.

It seems to be answered above. He appears to like the Todd Gurley reference and he believes Georgia has had a good rushing offense.

I mean unfoturnately Clempson is national power house now, while georgia and alabama have a long history of great running back production. We had lattimore years ago who constantly got hurt. What i was saying is we have to take the recruits we can get and develop them really well so in the future great players will want to come here. Right now outside of XT loving us since childhood 5 stars arent looking at us yet.

But Bentley is so good and so young it's inevitable White would be overlooked by the average viewer. He's going to get all of the talk on any broadcast. Look at how Watson overshadowed Gallman from a national perspective.
Eason is in the same boat at Bentley at Georgia. That still doesn't make any sense if he's interested in Georgia but not South Carolina. (Unless he thinks Eason is going to be a failure and he's going to end up having to carry Jawja)

I mean unfoturnately Clempson is national power house now, while georgia and alabama have a long history of great running back production. We had lattimore years ago who constantly got hurt. What i was saying is we have to take the recruits we can get and develop them really well so in the future great players will want to come here. Right now outside of XT loving us since childhood 5 stars arent looking at us yet.
Two seasons doesn't make a power house, i'm not going to even getting to a discussion about that again. There's enough threads here that's put a half a dozen Clempson lurkers back in their cave.

Every recruit is unique. It looks like he's looking for a RB culture like LBU at LSU or DTU like Alabama.

True...But why isn't there a thread about Master Teague or Jamal Elliott?

You inquire as if there is some logic to the preferences of a 16 year old teenager who has no idea who his prom date will be...Geezee..maybe we are not his cup of tea...you know different strokes for different folks

Two seasons doesn't make a power house, i'm not going to even getting to a discussion about that again. There's enough threads here that's put a half a dozen Clempson lurkers back in their cave.

Every recruit is unique. It looks like he's looking for a RB culture like LBU at LSU or DTU like Alabama.

Whether we like it or not clempson is a hot brand and yes they are a national powerhouse. My point is we arent thought of in that light like they are. We can get to where clemson is but it starts with player development and finding something unique to attract top recruits.

Whether we like it or not clempson is a hot brand and yes they are a national powerhouse. My point is we arent thought of in that light like they are. We can get to where clemson is but it starts with player development and finding something unique to attract top recruits.

we could deploy some grossly illegal recruiting practices like everyone else...channel some money to a close relative via a broker or maybe just hire a 5* prospects HBC or family members like other schools..Moving the baby and baby moma into town and provide living expenses works everytime

we could deploy some grossly illegal recruiting practices like everyone else...channel some money to a close relative via a broker or maybe just hire a 5* prospects HBC or family members like other schools..Moving the baby and baby moma into town and provide living expenses works everytime

I like your thinking

Last edited:
Eason is in the same boat at Bentley at Georgia. That still doesn't make any sense if he's interested in Georgia but not South Carolina. (Unless he thinks Eason is going to be a failure and he's going to end up having to carry Jawja)

That doesn't really make sense, UGA has a history of putting backs in the NFL, last 3 backs we had draft eligible are in the league, 2 are starters, we will send 2 in the 18 draft, we rotate backs alot and don't wear them out in college and the last 5 years have had 1k yard rushing seasons from 3 different backs. If signing day were today, White would sign with UGA,, but it isn't today and he may not feel the same next Feb. But he has drove past Clemson 2 weekends in a row for unofficials with his mom in tow.

Sure I have garnet glasses on but I think UGA leads, followed by the home state (UNC), with Bama/Clem tied for 3rd but neither in serious contention. Everyone in tatertown was juiced by a photo of white / Lawrence / Thomas..........Now what kills me is Clem gets to take advantage of social media for the next 12 months and the click bait will read " #1 RB 5* has Death Valley on his radar"

Guys how many 5 star recruits have we signed since recruiting services started rating players . Let me jog your memories ... 3 players . Clowney , Lattimore, and Culliver . Actually maybe 4 I think Summers was a 5 star . Let that sink in a minute . Clemson signed more 5 stars this class than we've signed EVER. Bama and Ohio State signed TRIPLE the amount this year that we've ever had . It sucks but it is what it is . So don't be surprised that a 5 star talent has no interest in a team that isn't perceived right now as a team that can compete for Titles. Until we do something dramatic we aren't going to pull 5 star recruits from out of state like our competition. To beat a dead horse again , Recruiting is all about winning and the product you put on the field . That's why Gisele is with Tom Brady and not Bubba that works down at the jiffy lube . If you Win and look good doing it and you work hard selling your program then recruits will come. Any 5 star recruit that sat in the stands in Death Valley and watched us get Axe Murdered by Clemson this fall would have a hard time making a decision after that game . Hopefully we pull out all the stops for XT and if we land him( which I still think is a stretch) then this will give us a solid foundation to build on .

On rivals in 2002, Ricardo Hurley, Darrel Slay and Randy Jackson were 5 stars, its listed under the 2002 commitments.

But Rivals over rated all JUCO's back then imho. But Hurley was a HS player.

Last edited:
That doesn't really make sense, UGA has a history of putting backs in the NFL, last 3 backs we had draft eligible are in the league, 2 are starters, we will send 2 in the 18 draft, we rotate backs alot and don't wear them out in college and the last 5 years have had 1k yard rushing seasons from 3 different backs. If signing day were today, White would sign with UGA,, but it isn't today and he may not feel the same next Feb. But he has drove past Clemson 2 weekends in a row for unofficials with his mom in tow.
Did you read what my response was about?
Someone was trying to say that he's not going to come because he would be a shadow behind Bentley. (Which doesn't make sense) I was only comparing Bentley to Eason as being in the same boat. Both are young and have lots of potential.

Clempson has to have repeat success to get into the comparison with Alabama. I don't think anyone disagrees that Clempson has some recent success. But to start throwing them into Alabama's realm is absolutely ridiculous. Alabama has been dominating for almost 10 years now. Clempson can only claim 2.

He has been heavy to UGA for some time, did not just start, i have been posting that against the tatters who think they will get all 3, White, Lawrence, and XT.

Something about being the next Todd Gurley, NC back goes to Georgia, stars, is appealing to him.

Why no one wants to be the next Clowney, star DE, #1 pick in the draft, baffles me LOL

Last February 2016, White article cut and paste:

Georgia is my leader now by quite a lot,” White said, who’s also the nation’s No. 2 overall prospect for 2018. “I’m just a serious person with all of this. I just know what I want.”

Why does the 6-foot-1, 205-pounder like UGA?

“The Georgia run game is really powerful,” White said. “It has always been. It seems like it.”

The 5-star prospect said he’s been clocked at 4.4 seconds in the 40-yard dash. The North Carolina native from Scotland County High School is already getting used to hearing comparisons to former UGA great Todd Gurley.

I still say Clemson misses on all 3, White, XT and Lawrence.

Could you post the website you got this from?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT