ADVERTISEMENT

Zamir White recruitment (NC RB 2018, #3 in nation)

In the last ten years, how many different QB's has Alabama used to get to the national championship? With Clemson, it's been one. Let's see how they do this year with a new QB before they can claim to be a "national" brand or whatever they call it up there.

Reactions: vehemon and BigTomE
Could you post the website you got this from?

Its from a dawgnation article by Jeff Sentell, "UGA leads Tennessee for 5 star running back" from a year ago.

The point was UGA has lead for some time, SC is not in it currently, and those posters posting here who thinks its just a Bama and Clemson battle or UGA just got in the mix are wrong.

Clemson is in it, but is not the favorite at this time, as some Clemson poster say off the visit pic of XT, Lawrence, and White

Bentley coached White's HS running back coach at Presbyterian for a year but even that in has given us no traction, he has been recruiting White but we are not in the top 4 as expected.

Last edited:
Its from a dawgnation article by Jeff Sentell, "UGA leads Tennessee for 5 star running back" from a year ago.

The point was UGA has lead for some time, SC is not in it currently, and those posters posting here who thinks its just a Bama and Clemson battle or UGA just got in the mix are wrong.

Clemson is in it, but is not the favorite at this time, as some Clemson poster say off the visit pic of XT, Lawrence, and White

Bentley coached White's HS running back coach at Presbyterian for a year but even that in has given us no traction, he has been recruiting White but we are not in the top 4 as expected.
How can you take an article from a year ago and claim Georgia leads. Hell Tennessee didn't even make his top 4.

How can you take an article from a year ago and claim Georgia leads. Hell Tennessee didn't even make his top 4.

To say Georgia leads now I saw the current articles from this week, after White tweeted his top 4, came out Feb 20th, he did not say "no leader or all even", but here is my top 4,

Zeus34‏@zeus1_34 Feb 20
Top 4
1f608.png
1. Georgia 2.Alabama 3. Clemson 4. North Carolina

The point of the old article was for the posters who said UGA just got in the mix, which is wrong, UGA has led for some time.

His mom just did a interview with Georgia site this week and said its a UGA Bama battle which makes sense based on his top 4

Now stop arguing your making me sound like GrumpyoldDawg and a Georgia fan
f41a19c0fc441ceb9d886c7a73e6e673.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadow86
Guys how many 5 star recruits have we signed since recruiting services started rating players . Let me jog your memories ... 3 players . Clowney , Lattimore, and Culliver . Actually maybe 4 I think Summers was a 5 star . Let that sink in a minute . Clemson signed more 5 stars this class than we've signed EVER. Bama and Ohio State signed TRIPLE the amount this year that we've ever had . It sucks but it is what it is . So don't be surprised that a 5 star talent has no interest in a team that isn't perceived right now as a team that can compete for Titles. Until we do something dramatic we aren't going to pull 5 star recruits from out of state like our competition. To beat a dead horse again , Recruiting is all about winning and the product you put on the field . That's why Gisele is with Tom Brady and not Bubba that works down at the jiffy lube . If you Win and look good doing it and you work hard selling your program then recruits will come. Any 5 star recruit that sat in the stands in Death Valley and watched us get Axe Murdered by Clemson this fall would have a hard time making a decision after that game . Hopefully we pull out all the stops for XT and if we land him( which I still think is a stretch) then this will give us a solid foundation to build on .

I don't disagree with your post, but I do disagree that it will be stretch to land XT. he has recently stated that USC is his dream school, so I believe he is ours to lose. If we show some progress on the field this season, then I truly believe we will see XT in garnet and black.

I don't disagree with your post, but I do disagree that it will be stretch to land XT. he has recently stated that USC is his dream school, so I believe he is ours to lose. If we show some progress on the field this season, then I truly believe we will see XT in garnet and black.

I agree but i think we need 8 wins to land XT and i only see 6 maybe 7. We need to either beat UT at their place or Arkansas at home. While not dropping a game against NC st or Kentucky.

To say Georgia leads now I saw the current articles from this week, after White tweeted his top 4, came out Feb 20th, he did not say "no leader or all even", but here is my top 4,

Zeus34‏@zeus1_34 Feb 20
Top 4
1f608.png
1. Georgia 2.Alabama 3. Clemson 4. North Carolina

The point of the old article was for the posters who said UGA just got in the mix, which is wrong, UGA has led for some time.

His mom just did a interview with Georgia site this week and said its a UGA Bama battle which makes sense based on his top 4

Now stop arguing your making me sound like GrumpyoldDawg and a Georgia fan
f41a19c0fc441ceb9d886c7a73e6e673.gif

Hey at least I am not making either of us sound like a Clemson fan. I think we both know what always follows any success Clemson has, Probation.

Reactions: vehemon
I truly hope so . I think we have a head start but if we flounder next year and CU continues to contend then I wouldn't surprised at all if he goes there . If we show a lot of improvement I think we get him .

It will come down to Bama & Clemson....my bet is on Clemson...
Seems like, for some strange reason, when Dabo gets them on campus they commit & stick with him! Don't know what he "sells", but he appears to have his pick - he now "selects" - not "recruits" anymore (HIS words)!

Reactions: TN-Gamecock
Seems like, for some strange reason, when Dabo gets them on campus they commit & stick with him! Don't know what he "sells", but he appears to have his pick - he now "selects" - not "recruits" anymore (HIS words)!

White has not been to Clemson in 2017, and his Mom said this about them, this week.

“I like those (Alabama & Georgia) but I haven’t really spent much time at Clemson,” she said. “I’ve only been to Clemson once and we got there kind of late. I think it was a day I had to work and I might have gotten off work to go. We were rushed trying to get there and I didn’t really get to spend a lot of time at Clemson.”

White has not been to Clemson in 2017, and his Mom said this about them, this week.

“I like those (Alabama & Georgia) but I haven’t really spent much time at Clemson,” she said. “I’ve only been to Clemson once and we got there kind of late. I think it was a day I had to work and I might have gotten off work to go. We were rushed trying to get there and I didn’t really get to spend a lot of time at Clemson.”
I read that same thing but, since he hasn't spent a lot of time at Clemson and, apparently, plans to visit (I assume since they're listed in the group) Dabo DOES seem to get his picks when he gets them on campus (again, for some strange reason)! He was quoted as saying he no longer "recruits" - he "selects"!

Clempson has to have repeat success to get into the comparison with Alabama. I don't think anyone disagrees that Clempson has some recent success. But to start throwing them into Alabama's realm is absolutely ridiculous. Alabama has been dominating for almost 10 years now. Clempson can only claim 2.

Nobody compares to Bama the last ten years, anybody with a pulse can figure that out. However, there is only one team that has accomplished more than Clemson the last five years. Recruiting and player development will keep them at the forefront of College Football for the foreseeable future. Definitely one of the top 3 programs in the country.

Clempson has to have repeat success to get into the comparison with Alabama. I don't think anyone disagrees that Clempson has some recent success. But to start throwing them into Alabama's realm is absolutely ridiculous. Alabama has been dominating for almost 10 years now. Clempson can only claim 2.

And the first one in 1981 was followed the next year with probation. Cheating is the Clemons way. I will be surprised if they aren't busted on recruiting violations again.

Nobody compares to Bama the last ten years, anybody with a pulse can figure that out. However, there is only one team that has accomplished more than Clemson the last five years. Recruiting and player development will keep them at the forefront of College Football for the foreseeable future. Definitely one of the top 3 programs in the country.
Please come back here in December to respond to that post.

Wow. That is the perfect Carolina gif.........Maybe SCar will have a competitive team in the future and you won't have to watch Clemson games like that. I'm out.......

Waahh. These Taters come on our board and get upset when people don't say things they want to here. Well bye. They really are an insecure thin skinned bunch. Just like their coach

Reactions: vehemon
Waahh. These Taters come on our board and get upset when people don't say things they want to here. Well bye. They really are an insecure thin skinned bunch. Just like their coach

Nah. Just don't have time to be posting juvenile gifs on here all day. Hard to be thin skinned and insecure when i'm carrying this around all year.....

220px-CFP_Trophy_with_Howard's_Rock_(Memorial_Stadium).jpg

Feels good man....

Reactions: CRRR
Nah. Just don't have time to be posting juvenile gifs on here all day. Hard to be thin skinned and insecure when i'm carrying this around all year.....

Feels good man....
You aren't thin-skinned? You came on a Gamecock forum spitting nonsense that even some of your own Clempson friends wouldn't agree with. Then try to troll.

However, there is only one team that has accomplished more than Clemson the last five years.

Are you serious?
2 of those years you were dominated by the Gamecocks
2012 was the WVU game
The only signature wins you've gotten in those WHOLE 5 years are FSU 2015 and 2016, Semi Finals 2015 Oklahoma, 2016 Ohio State, and NC 2017.

The average Clempson fan has really started to get that Alabama memory. Alabama will act like they've been dominating the SEC the last 20 years.

Reactions: mbsurfside
What's amazing is how thin skinned they are. Their fan base is a special bunch. They come on here and dispute anything negative. Well this is a Gamecocks board. They can go back to Taternet for their dose of positive news. But don't expect it here.

Feels good man....

You are on team ? Congrats but would think a player wouldn't have time to hang out on message boards

I hope the kid goes to UGAy. They do less with more every year. Dabo has put together a staff that knows how to thump the ACC. We can bang on them all we want, but it is what it is. I'm thinking were going to be much improved this year, and our game will be competitive.

OL Coach Sam Pittman is building wall in Athens...Zamir has taken notice. The Kirb should secure another top class in 2018. The East is ours to lose going forward.

And the first one in 1981 was followed the next year with probation. Cheating is the Clemons way. I will be surprised if they aren't busted on recruiting violations again.
I don't think they get investigated anymore & it was ALWAYS suspicious how they got all those 5-stars out of Fla a few years ago when they were middle-of-the-pack ACC (not close to a football conference at the time). Anyway, haven't seen many teams going on probation recently (only selected ones for minor stuff like us and Whitneygate or driving to tutoring lol). I think the NCAA infractions committee lost it's credibility with Cam Newton and they just let things slide now!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT