ADVERTISEMENT

Zion Williamson!!!

How optimistic can we be about getting premier basketball talent from this area to go to school in Columbia, based on history? And what is Martin's track record in this respect?
All these premier players are shooters and don't want to play defense. Another prime example is LJ Peak. I'm sure that Frank lets them know that if they play for him they are going to have to play defense!!;)

All these premier players are shooters and don't want to play defense. Another prime example is LJ Peak. I'm sure that Frank lets them know that if they play for him they are going to have to play defense!!;)
Sign them first. Then let them know they are going to play defense.

Reactions: rogue cock
Woods hasn't seen much action, and I think if he was on our roster he would be behind Felder.
Don't think Woods would be behind Felder if he was on our roster. Woods is a better ball handler,defender and better at finishing around the rim. But with Jalek Felton going to UNC next season Woods may again get limited time.

Where did you get your info? I worked with his dad for about 10 years. He played for NC State(football). His entire family are Huge Duke fans. I can promise you Duke is the front runner.
Yea that info is wrong. This info is correct.

Williamson, who won’t turn 17 until July, was born in Salisbury. His father, Lateef Williamson, was a 6-4, 270-pound defensive lineman who committed to N.C. State in 1993. Lateef Williamson was a high school All-American at Darlington (S.C.) High and picked the Wolfpack over Penn State, South Carolina and North Carolina. Zion Williamson’s mother, Sharonda Sampson, ran track at Livingstone College in Salisbury.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/high-school/article112797658.html#storylink=cpy
Yea that info is wrong. This info is correct.

Williamson, who won’t turn 17 until July, was born in Salisbury. His father, Lateef Williamson, was a 6-4, 270-pound defensive lineman who committed to N.C. State in 1993. Lateef Williamson was a high school All-American at Darlington (S.C.) High and picked the Wolfpack over Penn State, South Carolina and North Carolina. Zion Williamson’s mother, Sharonda Sampson, ran track at Livingstone College in Salisbury.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/high-school/article112797658.html#storylink=cpy

His step dadplayed basketball at Clemson

Don't think Woods would be behind Felder if he was on our roster. Woods is a better ball handler,defender and better at finishing around the rim. But with Jalek Felton going to UNC next season Woods may again get limited time.
Yeah woods will be replaced by incoming 5 star guys. Felton is pretty good, and he's from Columbia too I think.

Yeah woods will be replaced by incoming 5 star guys. Felton is pretty good, and he's from Columbia too I think.
He's from Latta but plays for Gray Collegiate Academy in West Columbia that features another 5-star player in Juwan Gary that is currently a sophomore.

He's from Latta but plays for Gray Collegiate Academy in West Columbia that features another 5-star player in Juwan Gary that is currently a sophomore.
I think he's a UNC lean as well. I believe we are in good position with Christian Brown who is another 5 star out of Columbia for 2019.

We will see if he is going to Duke by summer indicated by his moving. Duke wants him to move to a school where the competition is better. And probably somewhere closer to Duke so that they can keep an eye on him. We'll see where he transfers.

Has anyone seen him play? People say he the next LeBron. Really? Do the gamecocks have a shot?

Only seen video clips but he's rated either the #1 or #2 prospect in the country for the class of 2018 according to all the services. Unfortunately for USC, Duke is considered the early leader and virtually every major blueblood program in the country will be after this kid. So, it will be extremely hard to keep him in-state when he's also hearing from UNC, Kansas, Kentucky, etc. The fact that he took a visit to Western Kentucky is actually encouraging because it suggests he may want to blaze his own path, but it would take one helluva recruiting effort by Frank Martin to reel him in.

The Gamecocks appear to have a very legit shot with Xavier Thomas however who will also be the #2 recruit in the nation for the football class of 2018. What I fear however is this. Elite prospects often want to play together and therefore recruit each other at various all-star games and events. Clemson already has #1 rated QB Trevor Lawrence and they are at least the co-leaders for both Thomas and 5-star RB, Zamir White. If they landed all three, that would give them 3 of the top 4 rated prospects in the class of 2018. I'm sure that's something they are selling to both Thomas and White since they already have Lawrence committed.

ADVERTISEMENT