ADVERTISEMENT

Zion's No Show on Unoffcial on Sunday

There are no sure things coming out of HS ( well maybe Lebron) and where some 17 yr old is going to college hardly more than a passing interest for me

For one and done I don’t think he is willing to put in the work that FM will demand. He’s not going to nba for defense.

Actually, if you don't play defense in the NBA your butt will be nailed to the bench. Coming here to learn elite defense is really exactly what Zion needs to round out his game, but unfortunately he is likely to blind to see. I would venture to say that most one and dones don't want to play for a demanding coach like Frank. And I mean that as a compliment to Frank.

Anything behind it?

Other then we are out?

Is Frank still recruiting him, or no point? I know instate kids are not really his thing for the most part despite his 2 of his best being from here.

If his mother doesn't want to drive to Columbia, how will she see him play in Kentucky?

Now he will take his 5th and final official at Clemson this week, is what PK is saying

He’s taking an official visit to Clemson? Are you kidding me? Wow, I already smell the money faucet running. He must be getting paid just to visit. Didn’t Dabo figure out a way to pay kids they really want $1,000 just to get them on campus? Geez!!!

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
Zion will be the #1 NBA draft pick in a year and have all the product endorsements that come with that status. It surprised me that he would back out on a commitment he made to attend a charity event to raise money for hurricane victims knowing the status and wealth he will soon have.

He must want the media attention
and when the NCAA would not allow this game to be televised, he backed out.

Hope he commits to Clemson. He's been to their 2 biggest home football games this season and would rather go watch a 3-5 Florida State team rather than support hurricane victims with his presence....

Last edited:
Coach K's system is any better than anybody else's. Watched his practices for years. He just has better players and he'd take Zion in a minute. He'd take anybody that he thinks can play if he thinks he can get them. Then put them over in the classes at that other college in Durham to get their credits. These one and done rules may be about to change anyway. One thing about Zion Williamson, though, he does play more and better defense than most of these high school so-called superstars.

Have been told by someone very close to Zion that the plan right now is for him to "shock the world" and go to taterville. Take it for what it's worth. He has a shy personality and doesn't want to go far from home. He is a 17 year old kid, so hopefully he will change his mind before signing day

Have been told by someone very close to Zion that the plan right now is for him to "shock the world" and go to taterville. Take it for what it's worth. He has a shy personality and doesn't want to go far from home. He is a 17 year old kid, so hopefully he will change his mind before signing day
Beginning to look like the Tates Locke era, when he pulled in Tree Rollins and Skip Wise.

Regarding Clemson, what exactly is he a fan of? It has to be something other than basketball.

On TOS a guy with knowledge says that Zion has been telling other recruits for weeks that he is going to Clemson. The guy saying this is extremely knowledgeable about basketball in both the state of SC and NC.

I’ve seen that too.

Actually, if you don't play defense in the NBA your butt will be nailed to the bench. Coming here to learn elite defense is really exactly what Zion needs to round out his game, but unfortunately he is likely to blind to see. I would venture to say that most one and dones don't want to play for a demanding coach like Frank. And I mean that as a compliment to Frank.
I have to question how much NBA ball you watch. There are lots of superstars who have 0 interest in playing defense: Harden, Kyrie, Carmelo, Westbrook, Lillard ... I could go on. Playing defense is an afterthought during the regular season, and I've already watched several games this season in which both teams were in the 90s after 3 quarters.

I have to question how much NBA ball you watch. There are lots of superstars who have 0 interest in playing defense: Harden, Kyrie, Carmelo, Westbrook, Lillard ... I could go on. Playing defense is an afterthought during the regular season, and I've already watched several games this season in which both teams were in the 90s after 3 quarters.

I have to question how much basketball you watch throwing Kyrie in there as a bad defender..he seems to be doing a pretty good job this year now that he's not held back by Lebrons posse/sheep.

I have to question how much basketball you watch throwing Kyrie in there as a bad defender..he seems to be doing a pretty good job this year now that he's not held back by Lebrons posse/sheep.
He's not referring to the 12 games played this year, he's talking about the previous 381 wherein he received his reputation of being a bottom of the bottom half defender.

Reactions: wentzel25
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT