ADVERTISEMENT

“If only we had some talent returning on this FB team”.. Do we?

I thought almost those exact words when I read the OP. I'm thinking by the time the season starts, the prevailing thoughts will shift from winning 2 or 3 games to bowl eligibility and wondering which destination would be best.

We should take bets on who the first poster is to start talking about 9 wins.

Admittedly, it's the nature of every college football fanbase.
I’ll take 7 wins next year.

I think the biggest concern is the secondary. Not a lot of experience back there, we have to hope some of the new guys can surprise us.
Got to win Eastern Illinois, Troy, ECU and Vandy. Hopefully we can have another game where the other teams turns the ball over the whole game. (UGA2019, Auburn 2020) . And maybe we can put it all together and upset somebody to get to 6-6.

Reactions: Dizzy01
I think the biggest concern is the secondary. Not a lot of experience back there, we have to hope some of the new guys can surprise us.
Got to win Eastern Illinois, Troy, ECU and Vandy. Hopefully we can have another game where the other teams turns the ball over the whole game. (UGA2019, Auburn 2020) . And maybe we can put it all together and upset somebody to get to 6-6.
That's it. I think the speed and athleticism of our DBs and maybe LBs are in question.
Seems a ball control type offense is needed if the defense is vulnerable. Run the QB and stretch the defense in the box. Play smart & disciplined...don't give anything away. Make mismatches if possible...we have some tall WRs.
If we can't out-talent our opponents, then we may find some ways to win ugly.

Kentucky and Tenessee are toss up games. Always are lately, but UT is a trainwreck right now- lost more than any other SEC team to transfers last I checked, plus they lost a couple recruits after signing day... Ky was not good last year, they beat thr brakes off of us because we had mailed it in by the time we played them... If we win the 4 you mentioned and these two, that is 6-6 without a real upset... If we only win 5/6 of those games then we only need one upset to get to 6... It is totally reasonable to think we CAN do it... Now they just have to go do it.

Yes the secondary was a disaster last year, but we added some experienced players in the portal that should help out right away. Our DL should be fine, LB got some help... If any of the WRs we added CAN GET OPEN AND CATCH THE DAMN BALL, we could be ok next year. All we need is to show improvement, show we can win Again, and get some more excitement building around the program so that when recruiting is ALLOWED AGAIN, we can do some real work out there and build for the future. If we flounder around and struggle to 4 wins... We are in trouble on the trail next cycle.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT