ADVERTISEMENT

“The Spurs Up Show” guy…@CPhilly19 thinks we lose to Troy

Beamer also has to recruit at a high level to raise the performance on the field.
That's why his supporters among the Gamecock fanbase wanted him....... because of his recruiting prowess. Thus far, his recruiting is much like Muschamp's was. I'd like to see him do "more with less". Thus far, he is not doing that. Thus he is not killing it in recruiting and he is not overachieving on the field. I'm hopeful about Shane but, not yet encouraged.

Reactions: OldWiseCock
That's why his supporters among the Gamecock fanbase wanted him....... because of his recruiting prowess. Thus far, his recruiting is much like Muschamp's was. I'd like to see him do "more with less". Thus far, he is not doing that. Thus he is not killing it in recruiting and he is not overachieving on the field. I'm hopeful about Shane but, not yet encouraged.
I think that's a fair assessment. The successful coaches we've had started out by doing more with less and then did more. I don't think we've ever had a successful coach start out poorly and 4 years later turn out to be successful. Not in modern times. Some might point to Holtz and Spurrier, but by his 4th year Holtz was just hanging on. Spurrier might be the exception, but I would say winning 7 and 8 games with what Holtz left him led to Gilmore, Lattimore, Jeffrey, Shaw and Clowney.

Reactions: Gamecock Jacque
If you want to play the comparative opponents angle, Louisiana-Monroe beat Troy 29-16 this past week. UK beat ULM 45-10 first week of the season.

Gamecocks by at least 2 TDs. A loss however should set off major alarm bells….
Saban lost to la monroe...just sayin

We won't lose to Troy. But, if we do, Shoe would be well-advised to shut down FGF for about 5 days.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT