ADVERTISEMENT

⚽️⚽️⚽️women vs Vandy 7pm on SEC network⚽️⚽️⚽️

winloseortie

Feb 21, 2007
columbia
Semi final conference tourney. We are 2-0-2 vs Vandy in last four meetings and have shut them out the last three.

Vandy is not ranked but had a terrible run of injuries early. At one point they had 11 players out injured. Bad news is they are all healthy now.

They are a possession team that builds an attack. Haley Hopkins scored 13 goals to be second leading scorer in the conference. Somehow she did not make all sec. Madison Ellwell is an excellent mid and dangerous attacker. Shamburger and Dorsey their best defenders. Oddly they play two keepers, each plays a half.

They are a taller and stronger team than we are, we must defend set pieces well. We are better conditioned but barely. Team speed is a push and we are a bit deeper. Both teams are well organized on D.

Prediction Hope we practiced PKs. Long, tense, tactical game

Semi final conference tourney. We are 2-0-2 vs Vandy in last four meetings and have shut them out the last three.

Vandy is not ranked but had a terrible run of injuries early. At one point they had 11 players out injured. Bad news is they are all healthy now.

They are a possession team that builds an attack. Haley Hopkins scored 13 goals to be second leading scorer in the conference. Somehow she did not make all sec. Madison Ellwell is an excellent mid and dangerous attacker. Shamburger and Dorsey their best defenders. Oddly they play two keepers, each plays a half.

They are a taller and stronger team than we are, we must defend set pieces well. We are better conditioned but barely. Team speed is a push and we are a bit deeper. Both teams are well organized on D.

Prediction Hope we practiced PKs. Long, tense, tactical game

what formation do they play out of?

Gators will mug em in the 2nd!
I thought coming in that UF would win. Better talent, handle the ball well enough to beat Ark’s pressure. But UF is not a well coached team. I know I am beating a dead horse but Becky Burleigh is the Holly Warlick of women’s soccer. She can do less with more talent than anybody I know.

Should we beat Vandy tonight, l believe we will beat Ark. Our backline is organized and not rattled by their pressure. We are in better physical conditioning than them and deeper. I don’t think they we will have legs to pressure with 3 matches in six days

Last edited:
Reactions: lawcalcock
Jones scores (31:55) header on a corner kick that was serviced by Griffiths. South Carolina 1 Vanderbilt 0.

Zullomeister scores (42:55) inside the 18 with an awesome assist by Lauren Chang. South Carolina 2 Vanderbilt Nil

Last edited:
Great half of soccer. Love the intensity and aggression. Gotta keep it going

I would like to see Mukula replace Milazzo, but I will not doubt Coach Smith decisions on who should be on the field
Both were midfielders in HS.Jones is more dependable. I love Paige, she is hell on wheels but she only knows one speed..... all out. She gets caught out of position sometimes by her aggression.

How does USC stack up against Arkansas?
They are kind of similar in that both teams do not surrender too many goals. Arkansas will put pressure on South Carolina defense, but Arkansas can be exposed by a counter attack. South Carolina won the previous meeting this season 1-0.

Keep your eyes on Anna Podojil, who has scored 14 goals this year and was named the SEC freshman of the year. I'm going with a replay of our previous meeting - USC wins it 1-0.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT