columbia
2pm Stone Stadium
TV
KANSAS
RPI 9
Ranking 11
Record 17-4-3 against top 25 3-2-1
Matchup
This is going to be a tough one. They have played a very difficult schedule and are battle tested. They are fit and have depth.

Katie McClure F is FOR REAL! 17 goals on the season and very fast. She had a hat trick yesterday against Xavier. Her greatest strength is that she finishes. Give her an opening and it’s a goal. She is faster than Jones or Eskew on the outside. I would not be surprised to see her marked 1v1 by Harris or Griffiths. She rarely if ever ventures back to support on D hoping to spring out on a break away. We have faced numerous players with her speed but not her killer instinct

Their GK Sarah Peters is physically imposing but no Krzeczowski. They are physically stronger than us but they cannot match our speed other than McClure.

They have been wildly inconsistent with some really good wins and then..... they lost to a Texas team that they were much better than. In the Purdue tournament They lost to undermanned DePaul team 1-0( at least one board member chided our team for only winning 1-0 against DePaul even though we outshot DePaul 22-2 and they had 0 SOG) and should have lost to Purdue. Okla. St blew them up for 5 goals. That is more goals then we gave up in 13 SEC Matches!

I believe we win if
We do not get surprised early by McClure’s speed.
Play our usual ball control game and play tough physically.

2pm Stone Stadium
TV
KANSAS
RPI 9
Ranking 11
Record 17-4-3 against top 25 3-2-1
Matchup
This is going to be a tough one. They have played a very difficult schedule and are battle tested. They are fit and have depth.

Katie McClure F is FOR REAL! 17 goals on the season and very fast. She had a hat trick yesterday against Xavier. Her greatest strength is that she finishes. Give her an opening and it’s a goal. She is faster than Jones or Eskew on the outside. I would not be surprised to see her marked 1v1 by Harris or Griffiths. She rarely if ever ventures back to support on D hoping to spring out on a break away. We have faced numerous players with her speed but not her killer instinct

Their GK Sarah Peters is physically imposing but no Krzeczowski. They are physically stronger than us but they cannot match our speed other than McClure.

They have been wildly inconsistent with some really good wins and then..... they lost to a Texas team that they were much better than. In the Purdue tournament They lost to undermanned DePaul team 1-0( at least one board member chided our team for only winning 1-0 against DePaul even though we outshot DePaul 22-2 and they had 0 SOG) and should have lost to Purdue. Okla. St blew them up for 5 goals. That is more goals then we gave up in 13 SEC Matches!

I believe we win if
We do not get surprised early by McClure’s speed.
Play our usual ball control game and play tough physically.

Thanks, WLOT. Really appreciate these previews of yours.

Tanner uses her wizardry and drives very close to six yard box and scores (75:37) to give South Carolina a two goal lead.

Last edited:
Reactions: vacock#
Coach Smith plan must be attacking Kansas right back. That side of the field is Kansas weakness.

Good 2-0 win. Play in quarterfinals against winner of West Virginia and Washington.

EDIT
We play Washington State on Friday 29 November 6 PM at Stone Stadium in Columbia, SC. Washington St beat number 1 seed Virginia so that’s why we play at home again. The final four teams play in Avaya Stadium in San Jose, CA.

Last edited:
Can you imagine if Kansas would of won or Washington State hosting a home game in the last week of November? I wonder if they have an indoor facility to play these matches. This is one of the reasons why the Bundesliga takes an almost six week break from mid December until late January.

I went also - it was a lot of fun! Knew with 2-0 lead we would not be denied. 7 straight shutouts!!

Reactions: vacock#
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT