ADVERTISEMENT

⚽️⚽️women’s soccer vs UT at the graveyard today @7⚽️⚽️

winloseortie

Feb 21, 2007
columbia
Must win match to maintain 1st place in conference. In our last 5 matches against them we are 5-0 and have outscored them 10-0. 460+ shutout minutes that have included some awesome defenders.
4 goalkeepers
Mikayla Kreszowski
Caroline Kelly
Emily Ball
Sabrina DeAngelo
3 defensive Players of the year
Grace Fisk x2
Kayleigh Kurtz
https://gamecocksonline.com/index.aspx?path=wsoc

Reactions: zack#
South Carolina surrenders a goal with less than one minute to play,1-1 at 90 minutes. Going to overtime.

They gave Tenn a huge gift. Gamecocks clearly better. Should have won 3-0.

I ask the better informed: is this team underachieving?

We're 11-1-2 and ranked 7th in the country (for now). Our only loss was to a Top 20 team on the road. We've given up 3 goals in SEC games, and we beat the top team. Most people would say that we're about where we should be or have exceeded pre-season expectations. We simply lack a reliable scoring threat and have problems finishing when we do get chances.

We're 11-1-2 and ranked 7th in the country (for now). Our only loss was to a Top 20 team on the road. We've given up 3 goals in SEC games, and we beat the top team. Most people would say that we're about where we should be or have exceeded pre-season expectations. We simply lack a reliable scoring threat and have problems finishing when we do get chances.
I think South Carolina were picked to finish second in the conference and currently are in third place. Arkansas control its own destiny to win the regular season title, but as of now if South Carolina wins out the next three matches, that would put South Carolina in second place. So far, South Carolina has had a solid season.

Last edited:
Reactions: king ward
I had to ask because I don't follow it that closely and some comments I saw after a couple of recent matches we did not win caused me to wonder.

Reactions: GeoCocky
I had to ask because I don't follow it that closely and some comments I saw after a couple of recent matches we did not win caused me to wonder.
Last night match feels like a loss because South Carolina was within 50 something seconds of winning. Tennessee were held scoreless for 89 minutes and then it the dying seconds of the game South Carolina conceded a goal. South Carolina needed the three points to stay at the top of the conference standings, but now with only getting a point for the match, South Carolina is in third place overall in the conference.

I think South Carolina were picked to finish second in the conference and currently are in third place. Arkansas control its own destiny to win the regular season title, but as of now if South Carolina wins out the next three matches, that would put South Carolina in second place. So far, South Carolina has had a solid season.

Pre-season, i think most of us expected a team that would be capable of reaching the Sweet 16 but would struggle to go farther. That's about what we've seen. With a strong defense, though, who knows what might happen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT