ADVERTISEMENT

A little info on Marshal

T-Doggamecock

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2006
Ok. I am flushing the UGA loss and moving ahead to this week's game.

I will qualify this by saying I do not follow Marshal and know next to nothing about their team except they are 2-0 and beat Miami of Ohio 35-28 and E. Ky. 32-16. Looking at their stats and roster, they appear to be pass oriented and have two big wideouts - both are 6'3" and one is a transfer from Miami of Fla. They pass to their TE a bunch too. He is not big 6' 2" - 220lbs but seems like a good receiver. I think this is a game that will test our secondary and pass rush more than our run defense. They are averaging over 30 pts a game on offense. (got a safety against EKy). I expect they will get a couple of TDs through the air and score some points but we will probably pick one or two as well. I also think we get a couple of sacks and hopefully turnovers that way too.

On defense, as one might expect, they don't appear nearly as big or as talented as UGA. They gave up 357 yds passing to Miami of Ohio. E. Ky, appears to be a run oriented team who did not pass much and ran the ball ok against them. Hopefully, this is a good game to get Jake and our offense back on track and get ALL of our playmakers involved.

Early prediction 45-24 Gamecocks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News