ADVERTISEMENT

Announcement on Wednesday

He took an unofficial visit to South Carolina this past Friday for its cookout recruiting event. Smith said he got to hang out with some of the players, but he did not get to speak with coach Steve Spurrier or any of the coordinators.

Sorry, I really hate to be negative, but come on. Four star defensive end about ready to announce his decision and was not able to speak to any of the coaches 5 days earlier. How hard is it to go over, shake the guys hand and say, "thank you for making it"? Wasn't the coaches at the pool party? I know, I know...on one hand you say "if he wants to go to South Carolina, why should talking to a coach really matter that much", on the other hand you say, "Really?".

Reactions: superflyby
He took an unofficial visit to South Carolina this past Friday for its cookout recruiting event. Smith said he got to hang out with some of the players, but he did not get to speak with coach Steve Spurrier or any of the coordinators.

Sorry, I really hate to be negative, but come on. Four star defensive end about ready to announce his decision and was not able to speak to any of the coaches 5 days earlier. How hard is it to go over, shake the guys hand and say, "thank you for making it"? Wasn't the coaches at the pool party? I know, I know...on one hand you say "if he wants to go to South Carolina, why should talking to a coach really matter that much", on the other hand you say, "Really?".

This was answered very clearly on another board by someone that was there. Congratulations on finding some negative in a positive. It was stated that Spurrier was at the party and involved with the recruits. Some of the recruits went in the gym and that was where it may have been. It doesn't seem to bother the recruit, so why should it bother you?

This was answered very clearly on another board by someone that was there. Congratulations on finding some negative in a positive. It was stated that Spurrier was at the party and involved with the recruits. Some of the recruits went in the gym and that was where it may have been. It doesn't seem to bother the recruit, so why should it bother you?

Tee, I know you don't care to, but feel free to look at my posts and I am not a negative poster. Quite the opposite. How do you know it didn't bother him? Why would he make the statement if it didn't bother him? I doubt he lost any sleep over it, and it may not sway his decision on committing to South Carolina, but he said he did not get to speak with Spurrier or any of the coordinators. I would think that would be one of the things the coaches would make sure to do. I hope he ends up with us, and I doubt he is reading my post today. I wasn't there, and I don't know how things went. As you said, someone on another board made it clear that Spurrier was involved with the recruits.

Not a negative....more of a fact. There should not have been one player at that pool party that Spurrier didn't make a personal pledge to. This is why he should worry about his enemies....they are going a step further. I attended South Carolina as a student so don't give me that damn bandwagon fan crap. I have an investment and still invest. This is worrisome in so many ways.

Reactions: 92Pony
Everybody should know the pool party was about showing off the new dorms and getting fellow recruits together to meet each other. Did the recruit above stay for the camp or just showed up for the party.

Not a negative....more of a fact. There should not have been one player at that pool party that Spurrier didn't make a personal pledge to. This is why he should worry about his enemies....they are going a step further. I attended South Carolina as a student so don't give me that damn bandwagon fan crap. I have an investment and still invest. This is worrisome in so many ways.

GAWD! I wish we had a LOT more students who think like you, i.e. loyal, fanatic, knowledgeable, but still realistic!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT