ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else not making the move to On3 ?

section907

Sep 16, 2000
While I pull for USC sports I really only follow USC baseball and football. I took a look at On3 and it looks more like a yahoo or espn sports page.

it’s been fun following a few of you guys. FGF has gotten a little to liberal for me , which is OK - your perception is your reality . but it’s time for me to cut loose sites like this and focus on riding out this inflation wave that is starting to hit home.

Stay safe. Go Gamecocks.

This has been refreshing for me. I remember the early 2000s and I was one of the very few liberals on here.
While I pull for USC sports I really only follow USC baseball and football. I took a look at On3 and it looks more like a yahoo or espn sports page.

it’s been fun following a few of you guys. FGF has gotten a little to liberal for me , which is OK - your perception is your reality . but it’s time for me to cut loose sites like this and focus on riding out this inflation wave that is starting to hit home.

Stay safe. Go Gamecocks.
Idk about FGF getting ‘too liberal’?…I must have been in a parallel universe the past few years bc I see the opposite.

For your original comment…I don’t think I’m heading over either. Becoming my dad now and just resisting everything besides food & water.

I remember joining the board (whatever the name was back then) in 1995 timeframe ... has it been that long? I remember conversing with Plano, WCE, Taylors Cock (who I met at church one Wednesday evening when I moved to the upstate) ... I don't suspect I will move to another board ... I believe the cost was only $1? Not bad at all, but I enjoy(ed) coming here and reading, listening, learning, and occassionally sharing ... the only downfall, to me, is how we sit behind keyboards, pound our chests, and attack one another ... the divisiveness and vitriol (and not just on this board) is attacks the spirit ...

Stay safe. Go Gamecocks.
Yep — I’ve been around since the first Gamecock message board on PRODIGY back in 1987. It has been nice discussing Gamecock sports and various other things on FGF, but I’m done as well. I would be more interested in hanging on if we had a decent athletic program, so this fair-weather fan will be saying sayonara when the changeover happens.

So whats the full story here?

The options seem like:
1. You go to On3 and pay $1 and it sounds like there are some technical kinks on the website
2. Go find another another free board at another site not related to FGF
3. Take a break from doing the message board bit

Is that pretty well it?

There is TIF ($1 for 1st year) and FGF (free) over there as well.

The board is still “under construction” until the move is official. Kinks will get worked out I’m sure.

There is also rumor that this board may stay around ran by someone else, idk though.

Reactions: ToddFlanders
To all, there is still a free board on the other site.

Not trying to convince anyone, but having to pay is not a reason not to move over to the free board with most of the same people.
I havent been paying attention to what is going on....
Will someone please tell me?
Ive been on FGF for free and then was on the Insiders Forum for several years until Ray and tghe Board screwed up Spurriers exit and came back to FGF.
So, how do I continue to get FGF for free? What is the "other site"?

Well, I’ll probably end it. I can’t ever get anything to work. Can log in, can’t see where to post anything, always something. But it’s been fun. And always - Go Cocks!
I emailed them and left my phone number. Explained that I am lo tech and needed to be walked through it. They called back the next day

Reactions: king ward
Idk about FGF getting ‘too liberal’?…I must have been in a parallel universe the past few years bc I see the opposite.

For your original comment…I don’t think I’m heading over either. Becoming my dad now and just resisting everything besides food & water.
I just hope this forum sticks to Gamecock sports and all things South Carolina and not devolve into regular sparring among posters. I remember the "not calling out members by name" in post titles rule that was strictly enforced, and hope that it will be at on3.com as well.

Not sure I get the objection to the new site. It’s free, got the same name (FGF) and all the posters I’ve seen in there are from this board (same names and all). Unless you’re just looking to drop off the boards altogether (and no judgment here, it’s a waste of time, but what I do to relax). But really, it’s just a new Internet address. Nothing else changed.

Not sure I get the objection to the new site. It’s free, got the same name (FGF) and all the posters I’ve seen in there are from this board (same names and all). Unless you’re just looking to drop off the boards altogether (and no judgment here, it’s a waste of time, but what I do to relax). But really, it’s just a new Internet address. Nothing else changed.
Yeah I don't get it other than people landing at https://on3.com and seeing what looks like a new commercial sporting news site for fans meant to compete with Yahoo/rivals and cbssports/247sports, which it is. If you go to the board page, it's no different than here. So the disapproval of the new host is much ado about nothing IMHO!
(The NEW) Fighting Gamecocks Forum

Reactions: Patriot321
I havent been paying attention to what is going on....
Will someone please tell me?
Ive been on FGF for free and then was on the Insiders Forum for several years until Ray and tghe Board screwed up Spurriers exit and came back to FGF.
So, how do I continue to get FGF for free? What is the "other site"?

Bayrooster posted it above.

Short answer, fgf is moving to a new site. It's got a free and pay board. You need to sign up as if it's a brand new board.

How is it possible that the same people on here are still confused? I've seen it explained in very simple terms at least 20 times.

Sounds like a few on here might be better off just quiting the internet all together. This move is about as simple as it gets.
Most of us are not confused about it at all. If you don’t understand why we’re fading away, so be it. It’s doubtful you’d ever understand why.

I signup up with email and got my username and all.

but if you want to read anything, or reply I guess, it looks like its $99 annually! RIP to S. Carolina’s online message forum presence!

If you want to read the new "Fighting Gamecocks Forum" at on3.com you only need to login with a new account --it's 100% free, and there's really no debating that point.

If you logged in for the first time and couldn't read the posts, just log out, then login again. This seems to be a minor annoyance that all new users have to deal with, unfortunately.

For me. It’s not about the ease of moving the account or a dollar. It’s more about timing. Moving over has been explained in depth.

I have been posting a lot less and checking in a lot less. Some days. I’d scroll 2 pages before finding a topic to stop and read. Only for it to be about everything except the OP post .

don’t get me wrong. I’ve enjoyed the banter ( except the low life tater sheep) and remember when fgf was the place to get good USC scoop . Now it’s just others reading Twitter accounts. Again. That’s fine. But not as useful as it once was for me. I’m sure age has a lot to do with it.

btw. You’re paying your fees by your clicks and allowing them to track you. Nothing is free. No matter what the Pres tells you . ( not even free lunches)

My current stats. And this was my second name. I’d say it’s time. Ha
Messages4,982 Reaction score2,068 Points113

what is reaction score and points?

Joined Sep 16, 2000
Sep 16, 2000

Stay Safe - Go Gamecocks

For me. It’s not about the ease of moving the account or a dollar. It’s more about timing. Moving over has been explained in depth.

I have been posting a lot less and checking in a lot less. Some days. I’d scroll 2 pages before finding a topic to stop and read. Only for it to be about everything except the OP post .

don’t get me wrong. I’ve enjoyed the banter ( except the low life tater sheep) and remember when fgf was the place to get good USC scoop . Now it’s just others reading Twitter accounts. Again. That’s fine. But not as useful as it once was for me. I’m sure age has a lot to do with it.

btw. You’re paying your fees by your clicks and allowing them to track you. Nothing is free. No matter what the Pres tells you . ( not even free lunches)

My current stats. And this was my second name. I’d say it’s time. Ha
Messages4,982 Reaction score2,068 Points113

what is reaction score and points?

Joined Sep 16, 2000
Sep 16, 2000

Stay Safe - Go Gamecocks
The "reaction score" use to be the "likes" (thumbs up) count. Since they added emojis to the "Like" button the count became referred to as the "reaction score".

I think paying subscribers can award "points" to other subscribers. I have no idea why.

Most of us are not confused about it at all. If you don’t understand why we’re fading away, so be it. It’s doubtful you’d ever understand why.

I doubt I care.

You basically said earlier you're leaving because you have unrealistic expectations and no longer feel like supporting the university.

Which has nothing to do with moving to on3. So yeah. Post wasn't aimed at you and I don't care.

Reactions: hahnenkampf
I went over there. Everyone was posting the same sentence. Something about premium content. Idk. Seemed kind of weird to me.

• Haha
Reactions: caughtlookin
Nope- I'm not going either. I liked it here just fine. I'm not joining anymore message boards. I'll stick here and see what happens here. If it goes away, that's fine too. The $1 price for a year of the "premium" board is still a rip-off in my opinion. ha.

I'm more liberal now than I was 15-20 years ago for sure. But I'm not really here to talk about politics and I don't have cable so no cable news which is helpful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamecockben1979
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT