ADVERTISEMENT

Are our guys intimidated by clemson? Or do they just lack want to?

THE COACH 23

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Gold Member
Oct 13, 2009
What I saw all across college football today was effort, want to, or an attitude of I'm refused to get physically whipped by the guy in front of me today. Pretty much every team who was considered major underdogs either won out right or should have won besides Georgia Tech of course, but that was understandable. You know what though I think our team played better against Georgia a far better team with more want to and effort than they did tonight. Which is just plain sad. Look no further thatln Auburn today as an example. Their offense is about as awful as ours except they have Tank which is a whole other thing that hurts. Their defense let the offense you saw tonight who looked like a JV high school team put up 21 points on them, and run the ball down their throats last week. They had no bussiness being in their game today past the first quarter yet they led 10-0 against Alabama going to the 4th quarter. Let that sink in for a min. They held Alabama scoreless for 3 quarters today. That's all about the things I mentioned above. Effort, want to, and attitude with a refusal to let their rival pummel them. Thankfully though the great Tank Bigsby went out of bounds or they would have won to. At least that made me smile today. But our guys just didn't seem to have those same qualities tonight after losing 6 in a row to their rivals. You would think that would at least be enough for you to play with an attitude of not going to get whipped every play, give max effort, and have a little bit more want to than the guy across from them. So I really do think our team is intimidated and scared when they play clemson now. We have got to find a leader on the field that's not intimidated by them and can instill that in our guys on the field. Either a QB like Connor shaw was or Taneyhill. Or a DJ Swearinger type on defense. Until we get some guys like that I don't know when this streak will end. You would think what clemsons LB said about our team would at least be enough to have guys say ok we may not win this game tonight but I refuse to let you physically whip me tonight on every play. Yet again I ask are our guys intimidated and scared of clemson at this point? I got to say yes until I see some guys start playing differently when this game rolls around every year.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News