ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn game thread?

Great win! I think most of us would have taken it preseason if you said we start first four games vs 3 ranked teams and Vandy and we go 2-2. Nice job turning things around. I see COACHING ADJUSTMENTS on offense in game making big impacts in every game this year. Something that has been lacking and despite what I view as a similarly/ perhaps LESS talented offense overall, we are averaging 30 points a game and just beat AU for the first time since 1933! Credit to coaches and players, this one was sweet!

If we had some other reliable receivers I would say sit Shi Smith for a game or two. The guy is outta control and his antics shouldn’t be tolerated.

If that bothers then you should discontinue watching competitive high intensity sports and take up basket weaving or pottery making on Saturday’s instead! :)

Reactions: The Defender
Stop what? Being happy for a coach that has been through the ringer for 2 years getting one monkey off his back.. Seriously... Stop
Two years ago the knock on him was he could not win big SEC games vs ranked teams. UGA last year first win since joining the league over a top 15 ranked Auburn team today.. Fighting through a rough stretch of injuries last year and a tough start this season to win two straight and get us back to even- at this point right now, today- this looks like a team that could outperform what we though they were just two weeks ago. The D is fine, the offense makes adjustments and improves as the game goes on.. Execution is still an issue but only really at WR! I see improvements. This is not a playoff team, but the decisions made today by the coaching staff show me we have a better mix of guys making the calls.

I wish our offense would have scored more besides after the turn overs. But at least we made Auburn PAY for them. Unlike previous years when we couldn’t convert turn overs into points. PROGRESS!

Awesome win against a RANKED team! Even it was just the Auburn “War PIGEONs”!

Reactions: Gamecock Lifer
As long as Shi is not getting penalties for talking ish, IDC. I like football players with an edge to them. If you just dropped the ball, or we are getting whipped, just stfu and go back to the huddle, but if you are making plays and we are winning and you want to let ‘em know about it- go ahead on son!!

Reactions: gamecockblack
They trashed us in total yards, but also had three times the turnovers and two times the penalties. We need the help where we can get it, and that and JC Horn made it happen.

They trashed us in total yards, but also had three times the turnovers and two times the penalties. We need the help where we can get it, and that and JC Horn made it happen.
We had short fields and pinned them deep- our defense and special teams made the difference today. The yards don’t tell the story of this game at all.

If that bothers then you should discontinue watching competitive high intensity sports and take up basket weaving or pottery making on Saturday’s instead! :)
I played football in college and the CFL and I never known a coach that would let that crap go on. Neither did the leaders on the team put up with it, what he’s doing is amateurish and it’s doesn’t look good for pro scouts.

Great win for the Gamecocks!! Under Muschamp, the program is not known for wins against ranked opponents, nor strong 2nd-half adjustments, but we got both of those in today's game. Great defensive efforts today from Kier Thomas who was back for this game after being out - we surely needed him - and congrats for both Jaycee Horn and Jaylen Dickerson for finally getting picks on their careers. The DL harassed Nix all game long: he came into the game with 1 INT, and now has 4 INTs on the season.

On offense, it wasn't really all that great, but both Harris and Fenrick had solid efforts today, and Shi Smith responded well despite being essentially the lone consistent receiver for the Gamecocks....

Hopefully this win does what the UGA win last season didn't truly do, and gives the team a boost of confidence and that helps propel us the rest of the season. Now we head to Baton Rouge for next Saturday.....

I played football in college and the CFL and I never known a coach that would let that crap go on. Neither did the leaders on the team put up with it, what he’s doing is amateurish and it’s doesn’t look good for pro scouts.
That’s odd.. I have been watching football since about 1978 and have never in my lifetime watched a game where guys where NOT talking shit to each other aggressively in between plays, at any level- HS, college or pro. Not sure where you played your ball, but you must have been playing with blinders on. I have not seen Shi do anything that is out of control any more than what DSwag and dozens of other players in our recent past have done, and it certainly was NOT as emphatic or obnoxious as the guy who was COVERING Shi for Auburn all day! That dude acted like he was King Kong every time he made a play! Not sure what you have against Shi but it seems like you are making up some BS to have something to bitch about despite a big win.

Those guys were jawing all day , both sides. We want wins and TDs and attitudes. DJ Swearinger says hello
DJ’s trash talking is totally different then what we’re seeing from Shi. Number 32 knows when to talk and when to “shut up and play.’ There’s nothing wrong with throwing a little shade at your opponents, but when you do it the “entire game, it makes you look like a punk who can’t do anything else.

DJ’s trash talking is totally different then what we’re seeing from Shi. Number 32 knows when to talk and when to “shut up and play.’ There’s nothing wrong with throwing a little shade at your opponents, but when you do it the “entire game, it makes you look like a punk who can’t do anything else.
Really? Looks like a guy who made several clutch catches and a TD in the game and is one of the top WR's in the SEC which means the Country.

Reactions: Brace1
That’s odd.. I have been watching football since about 1978 and have never in my lifetime watched a game where guys where NOT talking shit to each other aggressively in between plays, at any level- HS, college or pro. Not sure where you played your ball, but you must have been playing with blinders on. I have not seen Shi do anything that is out of control any more than what DSwag and dozens of other players in our recent past have done, and it certainly was NOT as emphatic or obnoxious as the guy who was COVERING Shi for Auburn all day! That dude acted like he was King Kong every time he made a play! Not sure what you have against Shi but it seems like you are making up some BS to have something to bitch about despite a big win.
he also got his jab in about coaching

We always talked trash on the field it’s part of the game., but what we’re seeing with Shi is different, and DJ does not act like Shi Smith on the field you can drop that comparison straight up. And I like Shi Smith a lot; I even liked him better than Bryan Edwards when he was in the team. Guys trash talked back in the day but there was a mutual respect for each other, and at the end of the game we were able to be cordial because we new it was just haggling on the field. Guys on the other team doesn’t wanna shake Smith’s hand after the game and that’s a problem!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT