ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Shortlist

jamesleefrom843

Dec 26, 2014
Murrells Inlet, SC
  1. Niko Medved (48), Colorado State: 62-70 at Furman. Year 1 was 9-21. Year 4, up to 23-11. He turned the program over to Bob Richey to take the Drake job. After 1 year at Drake, he left for Colorado State. Red flag đźš©: No tournament appearances yet
  2. Bob Richey (38), Furman: 100-40 record. Medved assistant who helped him build the program before Medved left for Drake. Would be a passionate guy & the Shane Beamer of basketball but with prior HC experience. Same 🚩of no NCAAT appearances, but it’s easy to see the upside.
  3. Pat Kelsey (46), C of C (formerly Winthrop): 194-100 overall. 3 NCAAT appearances at Winthrop. Major green flag âś… Only downside: Will he leave C of C after 1 year? I think yes, for the money, opportunity, and resources.
  4. Mike Boynton, Oklahoma State. One of our own, makes sense. You would have to think Boynton would at least entertain a call from Ray Tanner. Makes too much sense as a recruiter and coach.
  5. Dustin Kerns, App State (previously PC): Young up-and-comer coach. The record/team this year isn’t going to impress you, but he’s 41-33 and won the Sun Belt/Made the First Four In last year. Took PC from 11 wins in year 1 to 20 in year 2 before being hired away by App. I wouldn’t hate this hire, but wouldn’t be opposed neither.

Other names to watch if we’re in “Win at all cost mentality”:
  • Sean Miller: Unemployed currently. The NCAA would be breathing down our necks, but he can coach and recruit
  • Archie Miller: Weird fit at IU. Indiana would likely waive the buyout to get rid of him & would be great for both sides. Elite recruiter.
  • Rick Pitino: I think you at least have to call to gauge his interest.
  • Brad Underwood: I know he’s a Frank guy, but I think you at least call and make him formally say no. We’d have to REALLY pony up to make this happen, so don’t see this as feasible.
What y’all got?!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News