ADVERTISEMENT

Beamer is/was the 100% right hire

gousc00

Jul 12, 2004
Beamer's first year had its bumps in the road but he was the right hire. In my opinion, there isn't a head coach that could have done better. Beamer's approach is the right approach for our football program. I wasn't sold on Beamer when his name came out as a possibility. I wanted a "big" name so to speak. I knew of Beamer and how well he recruited back in the day with Spurrier, but I wasn't sure he was what we needed. After reading about former players' comments, I came around and I thought he might just be the right hire.

Beamer leading the Gamecock cheer after the bowl game and holding up Sir Big Spur says it all. There will always be challenges we play in the best college football conference but Beamer is a 100% Gamecock. I am not sure what the future holds but I am confident that Beamer is going to do what he can to make us a winner. There will be setbacks. That's life but Beamer is one of us and for that, I am truly excited again for Gamecock football. I have said on here many times that 2014 and 2019 took my heart as a fan. Spurrier raised our expectations and going back was very hard for me to digest. I told my friend on Monday night that IF my Gamecocks ever get to the National Championship game (in my lifetime) I will do whatever it takes to get to watch it in person.

Go Gamecocks!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News