ADVERTISEMENT

Beamer Panicked & Hired Satterfield

That didn't hurt Clayton White.

It did in some games, like Tennessee. And the DL is the rare place that Muschamp left some talent, so they were able to help out the secondary.

I just don't think people like you and others appreciate how catastrophic it is to have the challenges at QB that we had this year. By far the worst situation in the SEC.

Reactions: roosterbell
It did in some games, like Tennessee. And the DL is the rare place that Muschamp left some talent, so they were able to help out the secondary.

I just don't think people like you and others appreciate how catastrophic it is to have the challenges at QB that we had this year. By far the worst situation in the SEC.
We had talent on offense too., especially on the offensive line and at running back. And Doty played in some games. Vann is talented. Muse made some pre-season honor lists. On defense, we lost a lot in the secondary. Our linebacking unit was thin. We still are at number 43 in Total Defense in the country. Out of 130 teams in the nation, that is GOOD. We actually overachieved on defense.

I agree regarding the defenses. But the SEC is a defensive league. Lack of talent at the QB position alone puts you at the bottom. Defenses destroy you in the SEC if you don't have a legit QB.

And that's exactly what Beamer is telling everyone when no changes are made.

Yes. Because there is a lot of truth in that. Honestly, deep down, you know it's true. Put yourself in his shoes and tell me you think getting canned over this mess would be fair to you?

I think Satterfield gets a pass for this year, but that's it.

We had Doty for 5 games, who the coaches compared to Drew Brees. We did not do much on offense even with him.

And he clearly wasn't 100%. Noticeable slower than last year. Same for Harris in the first half of the season.
And Beamer played them. And sometimes they were effective and, other times they were not. I'm sure that Beamer would not endanger a player by playing them when they are unable. Also, I suspect we were not the only team to sustain injuries and/or have players at not exactly 100%.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
And Beamer played them. And sometimes they were effective and, other times they were not. I'm sure that Beamer would not endanger a player by playing them when they are unable. Also, I suspect we were not the only team to sustain injuries and/or have players at not exactly 100%.

Again, QB isn't just any player. Auburn lost Nix and we beat them. Coastal lost their QB and lost to Georgia St. Florida had issues at QB and barely got to bowl eligible.

You severely underestimate the impact of losing a QB.

With all the coaching transitions that have taken place the last 2 weeks, I would have thought, that if a change was going to made to the current staff, some kind of change or even some rumors would have emerged by now.
I truly hope I'm wrong on this, but I'm getting the sinking feeling that there may not be any changes forthcoming.

And that's exactly what Beamer is telling everyone when no changes are made.
yeah...and when we had injuries....the offense looked "better". Now....there are some extraneous reasons that helped us that our program/coach/players had no control over that worked out for us...but technically, it's hard to say that injuries made us "worse".

With all the coaching transitions that have taken place the last 2 weeks, I would have thought, that if a change was going to made to the current staff, some kind of change or even some rumors would have emerged by now.
I truly hope I'm wrong on this, but I'm getting the sinking feeling that there may not be any changes forthcoming.

This is what I think. It seems like the time to make the change is slipping away.

When Beamer said that he expects the staff to be intact through the bowl season -- i.e. through the early signing period -- I pretty much gave up hope.

While I expect a good offensive performance due to the extra time our offensive coaches have to prepare (as happened against Florida) and the weakness of the UNC defense, I will still feel changes are warranted. But, it's Beamer's career on the line on such a gamble. I'll still pull for our coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT