ADVERTISEMENT

Best bets. Week 7. Some blue bloods in the mix. And Eddie Vedder.

R

Reddfoxx1

We are getting well.
5-2 last week
12-5 last 2 weeks
25-18 on the season
19-12 in the SEC

Thats 58%. We’ve been at 59% over the last 3 years. Thats over 200 games. Not bad.
First the best near cover ever.
Rutgers was +11. This TD WOULD have given them the cover. So close.

Music this week.
‘Haven’t been to impressed by the “zoom” shows during Covid, but I saw Eddie Vedder on Howard Stern this week, and he was wonderful. The entire interview was moving...
So some of my Pearl Jam songs

from the Stern show

Porch - pink pop 92 (I saw this tour in Europe). Crazy shit

and my favorite PJ song. Off he goes

on to the picks
Game 1.
Michigan -3 over Indiana
Indiana is overrated. They have benefited from a massive turnover differential in both games so far. Michigan has beaten Indiana 24 straight times. Look for Michigan to run the ball effectively early and often. We will lay the short number here on the road.

Michigan 31
Indiana 20

game 2.
UGA -3 over Florida
The public hates Georgia. They have a walk on quarterback. Florida has a dynamic offense, but.....its Georgia
Kirby has dominated the series the short time he’s been in Athens, holding the gators to less than 14 points per game, outgaining them by nearly 150 yards per game and out scoring them by 20 points per game. We love Dan Mullen but prove it to me. Florida secondary isn’t good. Look for Georgia to hit a couple of big plays early and hold them off Late. dogs win. Again

UGA 27
Florida 20

game 3.
Boise St. +3.5 over BYU
Going back to 1999, Boise has been a home dog twice.. Winning both outright
BYU has been the ESPN darling this season but just look at who they have played. Their strength of schedule ranks 97th in the country. Boise is only playing their third game of the season, but looks terrific on offense so far. Boise is only lost twice by more than three points on the blue turf in the last 20 years....we don’t think BYU makes it 3.

Boise 37
BYU 31

game 4
Clemson -5 over Notre Dame
we’ve seen this movie before right? Notre Dame just doesn’t have what can beat Clemson, speed. I am a little concerned about the Clemson defense, but we know what Venables does in big games. The Irish just don’t have the playmakers on the outside to make Clemson pay. Too many weapons on offense for Clemson and this one might get ugly.

Clem 31
Notre Dame 13

Game 5
Northwestern -3 over Nebraska.
NW is our bet on team. The market just hasn’t caught up to them yet. They are very good. After falling behind 17 to 0 last week to Iowa after three turnovers they dominated. We lay the short number at home versus Nebraska.

NW 31
Nebraska 17

game 6
Hold your nose....
Vandy +20 over Mississippi State
I might be the only person in the country taking Vanderbilt in a football game this week. But let’s just take a look at what Mississippi State is done the last four weeks on offense. They have scored two touchdowns. Now they’re laying 20 points. Vanderbilt gets a few guys back on defense this week and this will be an ugly game. Vandy under Mason has traditionally played better on the road.
we hold our nose and anchor down.

Miss State 24
Vandy 14

game 7
Pac 12 after dark
Cal +1 over Washington.
Cal Berkeley returns 18 starters to a team that finished very strong the last year. They have beaten Washington straight up the last two years.
The Huskies are breaking in a new coach and a bunch of new starters. we ride with quarterback chase Garber here. Take the Bears.

Cal 24
Washington 13

other SEC games
Tennessee -2 over Arkansas

and
USC +10 over Tex A&M
I just don’t understand this number. Will Muschamp is 7-2 against the spread versus ranked teams and his record after a bye is 4-1 at South Carolina. A&M is famous for underperforming on the road.

Tex A&M 28
USC 24

good luck everyone....

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News