ADVERTISEMENT

Braves 🆚 Diamondbacks 9/22/21 “A Horse With No Name”

Pfunk Cock

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2004
Charleston
Welcome to another edition of Gamecock Central Braves Baseball ⚾️ Chat 💬. I am your host @Pfunk Cock along with a plethora of regular participants in the chat. Who got the reference “A Horse With No Name”? The band America . You know I have been through the Desert on a horse with no name because it is good to get out of the rain . Yes folks we are still in the Desert tonight as the Braves once again takes on the Diamondbacks in game 3 of a 4 game series. The Braves now lead the season series 3 -2 and need a win tonight to claim the season series dominance and remain at least 3 games up on the East with an afternoon game slated for tomorrow. The team used a couple of early 🚀🚀 to take over last nights game early and the bullpen game was executed very well even though a couple had us at the edge of our seats and uttering unmentionable phrases at the television 😎😎. Now it is almost time to suit up and keep riding that horse through the desert 🐪. I know this is not an actual horse 🐎 but in the desert Uou can’t remember tour name so how do you expect me to tell the difference between a desert horse and a camel? On hump or two 😂😂.
Pregame Analysis
The Braves will throw Ian Anderson tonight as he is still finding his mojo and he is getting closer to his old Young self every time he goes out. It is very important for him to find his release point but not to rely on his change up too often as we witnessed last night what happens to change ups that are not executed very well 🚀🚀 and they fly far. I would love to see him use his fastball more often and implement a few more curve balls to keep batters honest and not looking for his change up. Anderson needs to be the pitcher he is capable of being as he regains his form it makes the Braves a much better team. Look fo him to hold the early advantage as he has never faced the Diamondbacks before and they have a free swinging team.
The Diamondbacks are throwing Merrill Kelly. I would love to wax poetic about him but I can only guess at this time. He is 32, RHP and has allowed 18 homers this season but only 6 on Arizona this far. That would lead me to believe he hasn’t had many appearances in the ball park. His last outing he gave up 10 hits on 4 innings with one being a homer . The Braves have several players who have never faced him and of o am going by his latest performance they may get him the second time throughly the order as the team looks to secure victory number 80. Be early and leave a comment . The chat is much better with your participation. Go Gamecocks and Chop on.
Roster Moves
Edgar Santana is on Paternity Leave
Touki Toussaint is on Bereavement Leave with the death of his father.
Orlando Arcia will return to the Braves and Dylan Lee (LHP) will make his first appearance in the Majors
Starting Lineup Braves
Soler RF
Freeman 1B
Albies 2B
Riley 3B
Duvall CF
Rosario LF
Swanson ss
Contreras Catcher
Anderson RHP

Starting Lineup Diamondbacks
Rojas ss