ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Kelly being targeted by LSU ?

Harvard Gamecock

May 5, 2014
Kelly is a good coach. You can't do much more than what he has done at ND.

It would be a good hire, if it happened.

Reactions: PC31
Still don't know why you'd leave UND...unless it was not having to deal with the stricter academic requirements. It's not exactly like pulling teeth to recruit there.
One would think that if your Mr. Kelly you introduce yourself, skip the presentation and ask
"So kid, do you want to play at Notre Dame or not ?"
End of recruiting visit.

Still don't know why you'd leave UND...unless it was not having to deal with the stricter academic requirements. It's not exactly like pulling teeth to recruit there.

That would be the main factor. And he has had some good teams and good players.

Reactions: rogue cock
I just don't see this happening at all. There are many who hate ND, but it is still considered the top job despite may who want to think so.
Somehow me thinks, sports writers are just coming up with a big name = big job to get hits on their site.
Time for some Christmas bonus money.

Report: LSU is targeting Notre Dame head coach Brian Kelly​

https://lsutigerswire.usatoday.com/2021/11/29/lsu-football-notre-dame-brian-kelly-scott-woodward/

Can’t sell a mackerel snapper leaving the shadow of the dome……….course they do have fresher fish in the red stick.

Perhaps....but, geesh, you'd think you'd know that prior to accepting the position.

Well, he has won everywhere he has been, including ND. But, he hears the whispers about why hasn't he won it all.

Given that, he'd be better off staying. Hearing a few gripes about not winning a NC at ND, pales in comparison to the pressure cooker of LSU.

Reactions: cockhornleghorn
Well, he has won everywhere he has been, including ND. But, he hears the whispers about why hasn't he won it all.

Given that, he'd be better off staying. Hearing a few gripes about not winning a NC at ND, pales in comparison to the pressure cooker of LSU.
Did u say “pressure cooker”?…….Cajuns prefer a slow cook. Think Boudin.

• Haha
Reactions: nocdoc

It wouldn't take much to get him in the playoffs now. Georgia could get them in there this weekend.

Reactions: nocdoc
I just don't see this happening at all. There are many who hate ND, but it is still considered the top job despite may who want to think so.
Somehow me thinks, sports writers are just coming up with a big name = big job to get hits on their site.

https://lsutigerswire.usatoday.com/2021/11/29/lsu-football-notre-dame-brian-kelly-scott-woodward/
News starting to break that it's a done deal.

Terrible hire. Kelly's personality won't work down in Louisiana.

Riley, the only personality they understand down there is the W.
I know what you're saying but he is a crabby a-hole and they'll turn on him quick because they think they just get the next big thing down there. Orgeron rode one more year on personality and ruined it by parading his sexual conquests all over the practice field.

I know what you're saying but he is a crabby a-hole and they'll turn on him quick because they think they just get the next big thing down there. Orgeron rode one more year on personality and ruined it by parading his sexual conquests all over the practice field.
Ah, Jim Carlen did the same, only in church……screw cola morality.

News starting to break that it's a done deal.

Terrible hire. Kelly's personality won't work down in Louisiana.
I'm completely shocked at this development and the speed in which this was done. Does anyone really see this as good match ?

I'm completely shocked at this development and the speed in which this was done. Does anyone really see this as good match ?
He's a chill dude. He can handle the hoopla down there, and the culture. But he's 60, almost like Spurrier when he came here. That's something to watch. He's probably about a 10-year coach, 12 at most.

Reactions: rogue cock
No. It's a terrible fit. I think it's a final career payday move, probably for his family. But, it won't last long.

I saw on the news tonight he will be their next head coach. I guess he forgot about the pounding ND took at the hands of both Alabama and Clemson during the playoffs. This will not end well.

Reactions: Harvard Gamecock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT