ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Kelly contract rumored to be $15 mil/yr.

How can you ever spend that much money? Give a lot to charities? Down payment on a one billion dollar yacht?

That is why I don't understand why muschamp wants to keep coaching. If I were him I would move to another mega mansion in Georgia buy a Ferrari and disappear from public life.

There is no way that sum is true.
According to USA TODAY Sports, Kelly’s salary at Notre Dame was listed at $2.7 million in the 2019 calendar year. However, his overall income would have been higher as he was permitted to receive compensation from external sources at Notre Dame with written approval.

Sports Illustrated reported the same.

According to USA TODAY Sports, Kelly’s salary at Notre Dame was listed at $2.7 million in the 2019 calendar year. However, his overall income would have been higher as he was permitted to receive compensation from external sources at Notre Dame with written approval.

Sports Illustrated reported the same.
Yeah the point is there was outside income that substantially raised the salary that came along with being the HC at Notre Dame.

Reactions: rogue cock
So he's pretty much always been a dirtbag.

Pulled the same thing when he was head coach at CMU. One of his assistants had worked with him for 18 (!) years and he only found out through another staffer that Kelly was leaving.
I am assuming that ND knew that when they hired him. Did ND write any special stuff in his contract to prevent that type of behavior or is it better to let an unhappy coach move on?

College football salaries long ago got out of hand. It's just getting more so. I'm sure some of the cost will be pushed out to the ticket buying public. Some will pay. Others will just watch on television. These coaches better win. Of course, if they don't, they and future generations of their family are financially set.

I am assuming that ND knew that when they hired him. Did ND write any special stuff in his contract to prevent that type of behavior or is it better to let an unhappy coach move on?

Well, of course the hiring team doesn't care when the coach they're poaching treats his colleagues like dirt. It has nothing to do with a discontent coach moving along to another opportunity.

It's just interesting that he has a track record of secretly pursuing other jobs and not even giving his long-tenured assistants the courtesy of telling in person that they're gonna need to find a new job. I mean, yeah, be covert, keep people in the dark while you're putting out feelers etc. But, be a man and tell people face-to-face when the time comes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT