ADVERTISEMENT

"But the former players want Beamer"

Just remember that Muschamp was brought here for his supposed superior recruiting. We all see how that worked out.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Just remember that Muschamp was brought here for his supposed superior recruiting. We all see how that worked out.

I suppose the difference is that Beamer has recruited pretty successfully here before. The caveat is that his recruiting here coincided with 2 things:

1. Spurrier was the head coach. That alone got you into a lot of kid's living rooms that you wouldn't have sniffed before.
2. A historically unprecedented run of in-state talent. The talent we produced in those years was like nothing the state has ever seen and is unlikely to happen ever again, or at least not for a very long time.

Was his recruiting just a result of a combination of those 2 things? Beats me.

Who would not want Beamer, most of the hate is fear talking and not really that he isnt qualified. The 'neverbeen' a coordinator is a weak knock anyway because good headcoaches of the way way back never called plays anyway they left that to their coordinators. So whats the problem!!
Well said... someone said that about play calling on another thread- “he was never the OC/ play caller”... SO? 99% of HCs do not call their plays...

I suppose the difference is that Beamer has recruited pretty successfully here before. The caveat is that his recruiting here coincided with 2 things:

1. Spurrier was the head coach. That alone got you into a lot of kid's living rooms that you wouldn't have sniffed before.
2. A historically unprecedented run of in-state talent. The talent we produced in those years was like nothing the state has ever seen and is unlikely to happen ever again, or at least not for a very long time.

Was his recruiting just a result of a combination of those 2 things? Beats me.
exactly right- Beamer did it HERE. Now, as you pointed out SC had unprecedented in-state talent at that time. All indications are this year is about the worst Hs class we have seen but the next few years will be somewhere closer to what we had when we won big here... So we need to be in position to capitalize on the run of talent we are about to see. I think Napier and Beamer would each have the connections to do that...

."But the former players want Beamer"
One or two of them basically quit on us when they were here. If they have some eligibility left that they can come back and use, then I might be swayed by what they have to say.

Beamer has no coordinator or head coaching experience. He may be head coach material one day but is SC going to be his on the job training? I see this as Ray getting a coach on the cheap again. Look how that turned out with Muschamp. I think they should go after an offensive minded coach with experience.
Well, if we didn't get Muschamp last time, our next choice was Lincoln Riley, I think, that would've been a guy with a year or two as OC learning

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT