ADVERTISEMENT

Can we still get to 6 wins? Honest thoughts and friendly responses, please.

If we hadn’t of fumbled before the goal line, someone would have gotten a personal foul for taunting or something anyways. And then Beamer would run out there to hug and high five them and tell them “it’s going to be ok! People make mistakes, sometimes the same people keep making the same mistakes BUT THATS OK!”
Obviously, this team isn't playing like a team. It's not the same guy every week. But it's somebody every week. It's several people, actually. Preston Thorne mentioned on the noon show how he would start disciplining this team is by making the O Linemen tuck their jerseys in. And he's right. You can only do the big things right when you do the little things right first. This staff hasn't beaten that out of BOOM!'s recruits yet. Maybe they'll have to recruit it out of the team because they've been allowed to behave this way on the field for years. I know they don't want to take the fun out of the game. But penalties are not fun. One guy does his own thing and the whole team pays. Perhaps there needs to be a players-only meeting to discuss doing the little things right. There needs to be some leadership and accountability among them.

Obviously, this team isn't playing like a team. It's not the same guy every week. But it's somebody every week. It's several people, actually. Preston Thorne mentioned on the noon show how he would start disciplining this team is by making the O Linemen tuck their jerseys in. And he's right. You can only do the big things right when you do the little things right first. This staff hasn't beaten that out of BOOM!'s recruits yet. Maybe they'll have to recruit it out of the team because they've been allowed to behave this way on the field for years. I know they don't want to take the fun out of the game. But penalties are not fun. One guy does his own thing and the whole team pays. Perhaps there needs to be a players-only meeting to discuss doing the little things right. There needs to be some leadership and accountability among them.
You’re exactly right in everything you say. I remember when Spurrier came in after Lou left and all the drama that followed that. Spurrier kicked most of them off the team but Corey Boyd begged for another chance and Spurrier held him to it. And you know what, Corey Boyd became a better player for it. There’s a lot of coaches that take over a program that have had some undisciplined players over the years but they basically threw down the ax and said “it’s my way now, there’s the door if you don’t like it”. Beamer never did that and he’s paying the price for it.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
You’re exactly right in everything you say. I remember when Spurrier came in after Lou left and all the drama that followed that. Spurrier kicked most of them off the team but Corey Boyd begged for another chance and Spurrier held him to it. And you know what, Corey Boyd became a better player for it. There’s a lot of coaches that take over a program that have had some undisciplined players over the years but they basically threw down the ax and said “it’s my way now, there’s the door if you don’t like it”. Beamer never did that and he’s paying the price for it.
I went to a CFL game in Toronto a two years ago and the guy in front of me had a Cory Boyd jersey on. He led the CFL in rushing in 2012 and the Argos couldn't afford him so they let him go. Odd story.

Any chance you could change your name on here? Because there isn't a damn thing about you that is garnet, and your pour ass attitude doesn't do a damn thing to help Beamer. So at least change your name so you aren't a freaking hypocrite every single day on here. Just stop putting what is basically the same damn bitching and whining every day but worded differently on every thread in here. You're not the only one, but you might be the most consistent bi#cher in here.

lol, my post is one of the least cynical ones in this thread.

10-4. Looks like we're trying to hold on to some of our problems from the last few years.

What I saw in one half from our team...Targeting with ejection, face mask call,roughing the QB, late hit out of bounds penalty, holding calls, fumbled punt, and the stupidest play of the year so far, tossing the ball just before crossing the goal line.
Only consistent player is Parker White. Team is undisciplined and terrible at execution.
The defense has some SEC talent but they can’t be on counted on to win the game every week. Vanderbilt will be our only win remaining win and that will be a fight. Tenn will be a blow out because they have an offense that can score a lot of points.

I don’t think we have the offense to beat anyone left on the schedule except Vanderbilt. Other wins aren’t likely.
Agree....but wouldn't guarantee a win even over Vandy at this point. Defense is playing too much due to the ineffectiveness of the offense and taat will begin to have some wear and tear on our defense. As a result of transfers, we do not have the depth to handle a lot of wear and tear and the nagging injuries that go with that. Offense needs to make huge leaps in improvement before any game is a guarantee from here on out.

Of course we'll get at least six wins. I've already told y'all in another thread that we are going to be 5-2 after these next two games. Like it or not, we're going up to Knoxville and winning, and Vandy.....my two dogs, jeff2001, Rollerdude123(wherever he is), and I could beat Vandy. Then, we are taking down Mizzou. That's at least six wins, and I'm not writing off beating Auburn or the taters.

• Haha
Reactions: RockyTopVFL
Sure, we can get to 6 wins. Or, we might not even get 4 wins. The world is not static.

We could improve (or get worse) as the season develops. Our remaining opponents could improve (or get worse) as the season develops. Most teams are one key injury away from being much more beatable than they are now - and that includes us.

As things stand right now, a win over Vandy looks likely. A win over Mizzou looks possible. A win over Clemson is not out of the question.

In our 2 SEC games our offense has scored 23 points and 2 TDs total. In all FBS games, the offense has scored 52 and managed 4 total TDs. We are just gonna struggle score points.

How bad is our offense?

In ECUs 3 games following ours, Marshall, Tulane and CSU all outperformed our offense against ECU...and significantly so. We managed 334 yards and 13 points on offense.

Marshall went for 637 yards and 38 points.

CSU went for 536 yards and 28 points.

Tulane went for 404 yards and 29 points.

And CSU and Tulane were at ECU. Freaking CSU put up 536 yards and 28 points and we only managed 334 and 13. They more than doubled us up in points. This is CSU who got trounced by Monmouth.

That puts our offense into some perspective. It would be a modern miracle if we got to 6 wins with this offense.

Hasn't it been this way for most of our history though? If we have a decent defense, our offense sucks. If we have a decent offense, our defense sucks.
Thank you for being realistic and providing data to support your opinion. It’s pretty rare around these parts.

Of course we'll get at least six wins. I've already told y'all in another thread that we are going to be 5-2 after these next two games. Like it or not, we're going up to Knoxville and winning, and Vandy.....my two dogs, jeff2001, Rollerdude123(wherever he is), and I could beat Vandy. Then, we are taking down Mizzou. That's at least six wins, and I'm not writing off beating Auburn or the taters.
I don't agree with what you are saying but I will defend your right to say it. I think you actually believe it too. Please come back and defend your opinion when you see the results next game, That is all I ask, that you just don't do a drive by and we never see you again. Now on a personal note I certainly hope you are right and if you are, please send me the Powerball numbers for the following week drawing because you will be right up there with Casey, Norstradamus, and the Oracle of Delphi.

These are Arguably two of the 4 or 5 ibest teams in the SEC conference, thus both top ten in Nation..... Both Undefeated.. and oh yeah one is Number 1 in NATION by many expert's opinions..
If you want to anoint Kentucky one of the 4-5 best teams go ahead. Good win at home last week. Every other game was cupcake central…including us.

This is 1999. We have a defense and we even have some special teams. Our offense is anemic and it won’t allow us to win 3 more games. The East Carolinas and Eastern Illinois and other East directional schools are off the schedule now.

• Haha
Reactions: cockofdawn
If you want to anoint Kentucky one of the 4-5 best teams go ahead. Good win at home last week. Every other game was cupcake central…including us.

This is 1999. We have a defense and we even have some special teams. Our offense is anemic and it won’t allow us to win 3 more games. The East Carolinas and Eastern Illinois and other East directional schools are off the schedule now.
WAIT, There are 3 undefeated teams THIS YEAR, so IMO yes they have to be top 4 or 5 based on that... Not history, THIS YEAR... What else can you base it on?? number of 5* recruits??

WAIT, There are 3 undefeated teams THIS YEAR, so IMO yes they have to be top 4 or 5 based on that... Not history, THIS YEAR... What else can you base it on?? number of 5* recruits??
Kentucky wins: South Carolina, Chattanooga, Florida, Missouri, La-Monroe.

Hats off to them. They’re a taller midget than us. Next 4 will tell you what they really are.

They’ll have a nice season. Win 8-9 games and it’s proof we could do it if we weren’t a complete dumpster fire. Kentucky is the Muschamp 9 win season. They’ll do it on the backs of a weak schedule and beating other cupcakes.

Kentucky wins: South Carolina, Chattanooga, Florida, Missouri, La-Monroe.

Hats off to them. They’re a taller midget than us. Next 4 will tell you what they really are.

They’ll have a nice season. Win 8-9 games and it’s proof we could do it if we weren’t a complete dumpster fire. Kentucky is the Muschamp 9 win season. They’ll do it on the backs of a weak schedule and beating other cupcakes.

Yeah, trying to have perspective on UK.

Yes, they beat us. They were clearly better than us, so I'm not going to throw any shade like "we should have won." I think we COULD have won...but that's what separates winners from loser, and right now we're losers.

But, yes, taking my Gamecock fandom out of the picture, 4 of their 5 wins are over garbage teams. They'll have a nice year record-wise as you say, but it's largely schedule-based.

I have to turn the same critique to our schedule though. We have 3 wins and all 3 have come over total garbage teams. We have yet to beat a team with anything resembling a pulse.

Yeah, trying to have perspective on UK.

Yes, they beat us. They were clearly better than us, so I'm not going to throw any shade like "we should have won." I think we COULD have won...but that's what separates winners from loser, and right now we're losers.

But, yes, taking my Gamecock fandom out of the picture, 4 of their 5 wins are over garbage teams. They'll have a nice year record-wise as you say, but it's largely schedule-based.

I have to turn the same critique to our schedule though. We have 3 wins and all 3 have come over total garbage teams. We have yet to beat a team with anything resembling a pulse.
At least you are realistic. Like I said it’s rare around here.

Nothing wrong with admitting we’re beating bad teams. We were left in a dumpster fire. It would be quite an accomplishment to beat anyone with a pulse this season. That’s just being realistic about where we are.

Reactions: GarnetBeamer
We beat Vandy and then can't keep up offensively the rest of the year. But hey, I predicted three wins, so it's a good year.

It's just going to take time.

I think we beat Vanderbilt. That puts us at 4. I had hoped to be at 5 with a win over Kentucky, but Stoops has his Wildcats playing better football right now. Can we pick up two more? I would say probably not, but Missouri, Clemson and Tennessee aren't world beaters right now. Neither is Texas A&M or Florida. If we could get some offense going, I think we'd have a dark-horse shot at 6 wins. What say you guys and gals? And let's keep it civil and upbeat.
The Cocks may beat Mizzou. That’s it.

• Wow
Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
I thought we had an outside shot at it. The first seven (7) games of the schedule looked very do-able for a 6-1 start, at the start of the season for me. The UGA loss was the only guaranteed loss I saw.

But we've now lost to UK when we had chances to pull that win out, and Tennessee suddenly looks unstoppable on offense, judging by Missouri's pitiful defense. Our own offense looks so poor that even Vanderbilt is a question-mark game for me now.

The 2nd half of the schedule is a lot tougher. I had hoped the Missouri game would be our best chance at getting a win during that portion, but now watch - by firing their DL coach mid-season, their defensive issues will be much improved by the time we arrive in Alternate-Account Columbia for our game.

So now we're left hoping to pull off the Vandy game just to finish 4-8. It's going to take some sort of miracle to finish any better than that......

I think we beat Vanderbilt. That puts us at 4. I had hoped to be at 5 with a win over Kentucky, but Stoops has his Wildcats playing better football right now. Can we pick up two more? I would say probably not, but Missouri, Clemson and Tennessee aren't world beaters right now. Neither is Texas A&M or Florida. If we could get some offense going, I think we'd have a dark-horse shot at 6 wins. What say you guys and gals? And let's keep it civil and upbeat.

Nope, I have said 3 wins best, but we beat a team we shouldn't have, so I'm revising my prediction to 4 games...

Muschamp didn't really do anything to improve our recruiting... And we took an @$$ whipping from Clemson for 4 years in the row didn't help with our instate recruiting.. Keep in mind during this great Clemson run against us Shawn Elliott too #2 Clemson down the wire, that's the closest we ever came to beat Clemson in the 6 tries...

Last edited:
Offense has to be better than 1 touchdown a game. Online is still not there so until that side of the ball improves we will be at an imbalance the rest of the season. This will take it's toll on the defense. Injuries will start to accumulate if we can't do better than a three and out most of the game. In our current state I don't believe we will get to 6 wins. I hope I'm proven wrong though, that would be a nice surprise.

Offense has to be better than 1 touchdown a game. Online is still not there so until that side of the ball improves we will be at an imbalance the rest of the season. This will take it's toll on the defense. Injuries will start to accumulate if we can't do better than a three and out most of the game. In our current state I don't believe we will get to 6 wins. I hope I'm proven wrong though, that would be a nice surprise.
I don’t think we have much hope of seeing what most of us would see as an improved offense at this point. Satterfield said yesterday what we saw against Troy was him opening up the offense and that his philosophy is that first and second down are there to make sure you have a short manageable third down passing option. Offensive improvement is not likely to happen until we have a new OC.

I said 4 or 5 wins before the start of the season. Right now, unless the offense has a turnaround, 4 is the number. The best chance to get to 6 is at Tennessee and Missouri on the road. And once the Vols get to 21, that game will be over. Cannot stress too much how disappointing the offense has been. We rank number 117 in Total Offense in the nation among FBS teams. That is out of 130 teams. Have we ever had a more pitiful offense?

• Wow
Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
I say yes. I think we have already played the two best teams we will get from the SEC, and somehow, we actually competed with one of those.

• Haha
I say yes. I think we have already played the two best teams we will get from the SEC, and somehow, we actually competed with one of those.

Well, I doubt UK is actually better than UF. They certainly were on Saturday and won fair and square, but it's unlikely that we will play them nearly as close as we did UK.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT