ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one thing certain is we think we can win this game and we expect Clemson to come in thinking we are going to be easy pickings. We look forward to beating the greatest team in Tater history and totally bursting Dabo's big bubble.
That's just it. Dabo doesn't let his team think that any game is a "gimme". I'm not sorry to be the one to burst your bubble when I say Clemson is going to prepare and treat usc as if they are a nc caliber team no matter their record or abilities. To prepare any differently would be a recipe for disaster. You may think the cheerleader is a clown but his way is working. Best of luck to usc in finding their own cheerleader.

joe-dirt.jpg
Judge says "but it ain't no meteor. It's a big ol' frozen chunk o' shit."

Naw man.....that's a space meteor

Reactions: sscock
If you think Clemson is not #1 then where would you rank them....honestly? No SEC bias or hate for Clemson involved ....just look at their work so far and look at the other teams and make you assessment. So far, they have to be in the Top 4. That could change quickly, however.
dont kid yourself that having two Clemson connections on the board didnt come into play. Before the board meet, they were ranked 3rd and even as low as 7th until the committee meet and now they are #1.....dont kid yourself

I tend to agree with the reasonable posters on this thread and I also think that if Clemson wins out, they WILL be 3 or 4. Even if Clemson beats the crap out of FSU (and I'm worried about this game), if LSU beats Bama, they will be the new number 1 team and I have no problem with that. If Ohio State beats Michigan and Michigan State plus the championship game, they will jump us too.

Doesn't often happen but I agree with a Tater! I will say this they have a very good team and unless something crazy happens I don't see them falling out of the top 4 based on who they have left to play on their schedule!

I guess I just don't understand the committee and their thinking as you have the defending NC there with no loss to date so how do you NOT have them at #1?

You reasoned them to the #1 spot last year and nothing has changed to date so I would love to know why they think Clemson is better at this point. Not a knock on Clemson either but curious to the reasoning.......

Last edited:
Best part is: a few SEC teams play ACC teams. SC and Clemson play. We don't have to speculate? What's the point here. Everyone wants to what if. WTF. Ps UNC played game one is not UNC now. It's like comparing the OSU team that loss to VT last year that won the National chanpionship.

You're supposed to rub the rock, run down the hill and then break out in an all out sprint like a freshman cheerleader. No wait, you have to be head coach to do that.
Does it irritate you that said cheerleader head coach has worked his program to far surpass what the greatest coach in your school's history could accomplish? By winning the division twice already he has passed Slurrier. Sweet Jehovah you are a loser
dont kid yourself that having two Clemson connections on the board didnt come into play. Before the board meet, they were ranked 3rd and even as low as 7th until the committee meet and now they are #1.....dont kid yourself
You are too stupid to insult. D-Rad has to leave the room when Clemson is discussed. Anyone that is affiliated with a team that could potentially be ranked is prevented from having any input by not being allowed in the room during any and all discussion about "their" team.
But they're the reigning nat'l champs. what's clemsux? lucky & they have 2 ppl on their side on the committee.
See above response. You're a completely hopeless idiot. Don't let your hate and jealousy blind you to the fact that we are 9-0, with more national pub than your school will ever have. Your "glory" years were a fluke, and everyone knows that. Hell, the only conference you have ever won was the ACC, back when the Beatles were popular. That's sad. And funny.

Reactions: pc_21
Doesn't often happen but I agree with a Tater! I will say this they have a very good team and unless something crazy happens I don't see them falling out of the top 4 based on who they have left to play on their schedule!

I guess I just don't understand the committee and their thinking as you have the defending NC there with no lose to date so how do you NOT have them at #1?

You reasoned them to the #1 spot last year and nothing has changed to date so I would love to know why they think Clemson is better at this point. Not a knock on Clemson either but curious to the reasoning.......

Because last year has no bearing on this year.

Does it irritate you that said cheerleader head coach has worked his program to far surpass what the greatest coach in your school's history could accomplish? By winning the division twice already he has passed Slurrier. Sweet Jehovah you are a loser

You are too stupid to insult. D-Rad has to leave the room when Clemson is discussed. Anyone that is affiliated with a team that could potentially be ranked is prevented from having any input by not being allowed in the room during any and all discussion about "their" team.

See above response. You're a completely hopeless idiot. Don't let your hate and jealousy blind you to the fact that we are 9-0, with more national pub than your school will ever have. Your "glory" years were a fluke, and everyone knows that. Hell, the only conference you have ever won was the ACC, back when the Beatles were popular. That's sad. And funny.
Hahaha, what a pouty rant, it must suck to be ranked #1 in the country yet still be as insecure as you are. The best part is I'm sure the irony is lost on you calling someone a loser when you created a fake name to post on your rivals board at 1 in the morning. And you're right, Dumbo does have a great legacy, Spurrier never won the Chic-Fil-a national championship like he did.

What a loser, "new member".

The cheerleader dumbo hasn't won the division in the SEC. Y'all are in the acc. No comparison.

When you win your "division", we. beat you. Hahaha.

As bad we are, as much of a disaster as our team is, we still beat the likely division winner in the ACC on a neutral field. Any more questions?
As bad we are, as much of a disaster as our team is, we still beat the likely division winner in the ACC on a neutral f
The recent past as it relates to who has recently coached well, performed well, and recruited well. Do you have another test besides results on the field?

We don't need luck to attract our next coach. Our facilities and HUGE athletic budget will allow us many qualified PROVEN options. We won't have to settle for an uproven position coach hot off the road from selling insurance. What's Dabo's record against his rival again? lol
Look where your HUGE budget and facilities have gotten y'all so far.

Well the LSU coach that called out his players, he must have thought his player's efforts preparing for the bowl was silly, too. That's for sure.

clemsux doesn't want to take anything away from their national champ win over LSU in the chick-fil-a bowl. But if you read the articles about the coach calling out players and the fans upset because they had to play clemsux, it's not that unbelievable. These 19 & 20 year old kids had 1 game left before the draft. Some will play 100%, regardless, but some won't. In fact, that's what happened. Sorry.

LSU upset because they didn't want to play Clemson??? Geez...that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. They were upset...had silly prep...so they got beat by a little ole Ashe She team. I guess the fans, players were not upset with the loss, I mean they didnt want to be there anyway right? Give me a break. I know the LSU team and fans had no problem preparing for North Texas, Idaho and Townson in the regular season. I don't know why the bowl would be any different. Both teams had players going into the draft. Every team, every player wants a chance to play in a bowl. And coaches who lose a bowl will think their team's efforts were not enough.

By the way Miami was not prepared for the bolw game last year, because they were upset they had to play SC.

We're coming off the best five year stretch in the history of our program, do you think before you post?
And your head coach quit on you, you are more than likely going to have a losing record, and you're losing recruits. And yes, I think.

And with tons of jobs open, we remain by most accounts considered the second best opening outside of Southern Cal, meaning we will likely get any coach that we want. This will be our first losing record (if it holds up) in ten years. Dabo had one five years ago, are you saying he should have been fired for that?

LSU upset because they didn't want to play Clemson??? Geez...that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. They were upset...had silly prep...so they got beat by a little ole Ashe She team. I guess the fans, players were not upset with the loss, I mean they didnt want to be there anyway right? Give me a break. I know the LSU team and fans had no problem preparing for North Texas, Idaho and Townson in the regular season. I don't know why the bowl would be any different. Both teams had players going into the draft. Every team, every player wants a chance to play in a bowl. And coaches who lose a bowl will think their team's efforts were not enough.

By the way Miami was not prepared for the bolw game last year, because they were upset they had to play SC.
Of course you're going to say LSU not wanting to play clemsux is riciculous. Doesn't change the facts preciously presented. It's ridiculous that you just dismiss that as some terribly made up lie. When it fact, it's what happened.

All you need to know is that it means more to clemsux to beat LSU than it would have meant to LSU has they beaten clemsux.

One thing's for sure, had they won, Miles wouldn't have been talking about the team's greatness or picking up the reporter during an interview.

Oh yeah, LSU wouldn't have made t-shirts about beating clemsux. LMAO!!

Of course you're going to say LSU not wanting to play clemsux is riciculous. Doesn't change the facts preciously presented. It's ridiculous that you just dismiss that as some terribly made up lie. When it fact, it's what happened.

All you need to know is that it means more to clemsux to beat LSU than it would have meant to LSU has they beaten clemsux.

One thing's for sure, had they won, Miles wouldn't have been talking about the team's greatness or picking up the reporter during an interview.

Clemson makes t-shirts for beating app state. That's the way Dabo has built his program. Every game is a new one-game season and it's essentially why you never see Clemson do that whole "clemsoning" thing anymore. Don't hate on a school for getting fired up after wins, and let's be perfectly honest, every single gamecock fan on here would kill to swap everything between the two schools including the program's history AND where both programs are now...

Reactions: sloth9621
Clemson makes t-shirts for beating app state. That's the way Dabo has built his program. Every game is a new one-game season and it's essentially why you never see Clemson do that whole "clemsoning" thing anymore. Don't hate on a school for getting fired up after wins, and let's be perfectly honest, every single gamecock fan on here would kill to swap everything between the two schools including the program's history AND where both programs are now...
Liar. I'd never want dumbo as my coach or think purple & urange look good together. They've copied everything from auburn, including their mascot & colors, before the blue was changed to purple.

Sorry, you're wrong. Go back to taternet & pull a clemsux over there.

#clemsuxing.

Last edited:
every single gamecock fan on here would kill to swap everything between the two schools including the program's history AND where both programs are now...

LOL.....So says you......

I would no more want a lying little twerp to be our coach as I would want to hang with insecure, validation seeking, little ass wipes like you.

Now go away and play with some other insecure, validation seeking Clemonite!

we say that every year......and then they beat the shit out of Ohio State and Oklahoma in their bowl games.....dont kid yourself....they are good and will beat the shit out of us.....63-17 again
Well, great ball of cow dook, who the heck are we this year. Get a life!!!

LOL, to say any team/player/coach didn't want to play a game is absolutely ridiculous. Just listen to yourself. If you were a player or coach that lost a game, are you going to tell everyone you didn't really want to play...you were not excited about this game???? Really??? You would lose your position so fast. If you don't want to play, then you quit...just like your HOF coach, because there are 100's of others who would love to play in your place.

Oh yeah, LSU did make shirts for the 2013 Peach Bowl as well as the Music City Bowl. game...http://www.lsutigersapparel.com/2013_lsu_chick_fil_a_bowl_c47.htm Had they won, I'm sure they would have made "Peach Bowl Champions" shirts and Miles would have complimented the play of his team. It's what any team does. I suppose they might have been trying to get the fans and players excited about a bowl game.

So what do you think is the better solution to level the playing field?

1. Lobby the SEC to offer Clemson an invite.

2. Offer Clemson to swap conferences with them.

Reactions: Edistoplayer
Actually, it would appear that Swinney is building his program like this...

watson_si.PNG

For the last few days I've been reading these threads without having an account because at first it was genuinely entertaining. I'm just curious, do the majority of die hard SCarolina fans really believe the crap that this guy is belching out of his pie hole? To attempt to compare Clemson and South Carolina from a talent standpoint and to say that they have a chance at winning that football game is like pissing in the wind to me. If the tables were turned and you guys were as dominant as Clemson is right now, I would shut the hell up and walk away. 80% of the posts on this site are about Clemson lol. Someone help me with the logic here. To quote every sorority girl in America right now, 'I just can't even...'
You are telling us that 80% of the posts are about klempsun, but for some strange reason YOU are over here wasting your time posting!!!!??? Follow your own advice for Gamecock fans on their own message board. SHUT THE HELL UP AND WALK AWAY!!!!

LOL, to say any team/player/coach didn't want to play a game is absolutely ridiculous. Just listen to yourself. If you were a player or coach that lost a game, are you going to tell everyone you didn't really want to play...you were not excited about this game???? Really??? You would lose your position so fast. If you don't want to play, then you quit...just like your HOF coach, because there are 100's of others who would love to play in your place.

Oh yeah, LSU did make shirts for the 2013 Peach Bowl as well as the Music City Bowl. game...http://www.lsutigersapparel.com/2013_lsu_chick_fil_a_bowl_c47.htm Had they won, I'm sure they would have made "Peach Bowl Champions" shirts and Miles would have complimented the play of his team. It's what any team does. I suppose they might have been trying to get the fans and players excited about a bowl game.
So all players have the same work ethic and think and play just like you want them to? That's ridiculous.

The LSU coaches called out their own players. It was the last game of their college career before entering the draft. How could they lose their position? Do you really believe what you're typing? Just listen to yourself.

Any sensible person knows, if LSU had beaten clemsux, they wouldn't still be talking about "oh we beat clemsux in the chick-fil-a bowl a few years ago". Clemsux would not be one of their signature wins they'd be bragging about. That would be ridiculous.

Last edited:
So all players have the same work ethic and think and play just like you want them to? That's ridiculous.

I never said anything about work ethic. You said "they didn't want to play Clemson." Work ethic and not wanting to play are completely different.

The LSU coaches called out their own players. It was the last game of their college career before entering the draft. How could they lose their position? Do you really believe what you're typing? Just listen to yourself.

So only SR's play in a bowl game? What about the underclassmen and coaching staff that "didn't want to play Clemson?" I'm sure they'd lose their position if they admitted they didn't want to play.

Any sensible person knows, if LSU had beaten clemsux, they wouldn't still be talking about "oh we beat clemsux in the chick-fil-a bowl a few years ago". Clemsux would not be one of their signature wins they'd be bragging about. That would be ridiculous.

Trust me, Clemson fans aren't still talking about beating LSU a few years ago. Just responding to you still making excuses for their loss from a few years ago.

I never said anything about work ethic. You said "they didn't want to play Clemson." Work ethic and not wanting to play are completely different.

So only SR's play in a bowl game? What about the underclassmen and coaching staff that "didn't want to play Clemson?" I'm sure they'd lose their position if they admitted they didn't want to play.

Trust me, Clemson fans aren't still talking about beating LSU a few years ago. Just responding to you still making excuses for their loss from a few years ago.
LSU didnt want to play clemsux in the chick-fil-a bowl. They were disappointed they werent playing for the national champ. And their message board was pretty adimant about how disappointing it was to play clemsux in that bowl.

There were enough players who didn't want to even practice for the bowl that the LSU coach called them out. Their own coach.

Believe me, clemsux fans most definitely have been bragging about beating LSU since you pulled it off. You beat an SEC team and LSU. Your coach said that made you a national champ team. ya'll had greatness. HAHA.

LSU didnt want to play clemsux in the chick-fil-a bowl. They were disappointed they werent playing for the national champ. And their message board was pretty adimant about how disappointing it was to play clemsux in that bowl.

There were enough players who didn't want to play that the LSU coach called them out. Their own coach.

Believe me, clemsux fans most definitely have been bragging about beating LSU since you pulled it off. You beat an SEC team and LSU. Your coach said that made you a national champ team. ya'll had greatness. HAHA.

Msg boards? So fan chatter on a msg board equals LSU players not wanting to play? See, you are making excuses again. Besides, why were they disappointed not playing for the NC...they weren't even in the running for it.

LSU played as hard as they could. Miles said so himself. In fact, contrary to your claims, Miles complimented the play of Clemson as well as his own team and didn't call out one single player on his team. Prove it otherwise and I'll eat crow. Till then, keep being a good little brother and make excuses for your big bro. Either way, it was a good win and one of the building blocks of the foundation of the team Dabo has today. But I don't hear them bragging about LSU as mush as I do ND and FSU. But, let me guess...you have excuses for those too.

I absolutely agree but no one fears anyone in the ACC except maybe Clemson but I still want to see them face someone with a defense and a decent offense. UNC is going to give the Tigers all they want in the ACC Champ. game. If they can get a few stops and breaks...they may surprise the country. they should have beat us and be 9-0. It is what it is.
I think if NC makes it which looks likely at this point it really could be a good game. The problem they or anyone will have with Clemson is they are so balanced They can run or pass. Take away one and they do the other and then on days when they do both you have Miami. Now it can be done I am sure but it will not be an easy task for anyone and I like Clemson's chances agianst anyone.

There were enough players who didn't want to even practice for the bowl that the LSU coach called them out. Their own coach.

If what you say is true then that is pitiful! i hear this argument from time to time but what kind of spoiled entitled person are you when you pout and gripe and complain when everything doesn't go your way. By the way only one team a year is champion so there are a lot of unhappy spoiled whiners every year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT