ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Beamer wants more fans at games

cole214

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Gold Member
Nov 7, 2009
While I agree with him, the university needs to do something about prices. Not trying to knock out team down but you can't expect people to pay "Alabama money" for tickets when we aren't playing the best or if we are playing non-P5 teams. I still think as fans we need to sell out almost every home game. There's only 7 per year. If Nebraska can do it consistently while getting their brains beat in, why can't we?

My solution: Lower season ticket prices until we win more games. Only sell season tickets for lower deck, club seats and upper decks in between the 40 yard lines (Section 304-306 & 504-506). Make the rest of the seats general admission for $5-$10/piece. Now that everything is virtual, you can have an allotted amount of G.A. tickets (however many seats that is in the remaining sections). As we get better, you can do the general admission as $20-$25/piece. That will fill out the corners easily. Those fans after paying lower prices for tickets will now gladly go to the concession stands to buy food and drinks. I love my Gamecocks, but sorry I can't fork up $40-$50/ticket for a seat in the upper corners to watch us play Vanderbilt. So basically, getting season tickets or buying season tickets from someone will guarantee you an actual seat with a number every time. If you get GA tickets, you can get to the game early and sit front row of the uppers.

What's yall's thoughts on that solution? Is it horrible, need some tweeking or sounds good?

Reactions: Cockiest2001
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News