ADVERTISEMENT

"cornerback Stephon Gilmore was the best player on the field on Sunday night"...

Well, that one is open for debate. What is not up for debate is he will always be MVP for what he did for our program. He set the trend for S. C. Player of the Year playing at USC at a very high levels. His decision was the one that helped with us getting the top players from S. C. for --years. His move and the ones that followed was the key to the run SOS had as coach, imo. Those players were some of the very best coming out of S. C. hs in ages and seem to me to be better than the ones that have followed. Just one opinion. What's yours?

They stayed away from him all night, then when it counted, they had to go to Cooks.

Gilmore batted away the first ball, right at the last minute (it was perfect defense, as attested by my buddy who played CB in college). Next play was the interception and game over.

They stayed away from him all night, then when it counted, they had to go to Cooks.

Gilmore batted away the first ball, right at the last minute (it was perfect defense, as attested by my buddy who played CB in college). Next play was the interception and game over.

also caused a fumble that caused loss of several yds.:)

Yeah Brandon Cooks in a tough cover too . Very fast and very quick . If you look at the playoffs he went head to head with Keenan Allen (who got him on a long TD), Tyreek Hill and Brandon Cooks . That’s a tough stretch . Imagine being a corner in the NFC South and having to cover Julio, Mike Evans and Michael Thomas 6 weeks a year . That’s why CB’s get the big $$$.

Defiantly the mvp on defense, Gilmore allows the patriots to double the next best wr bc he is good enough to be on an island and slow down(not completely shut down) the other teams best wr. But come on, "best player on the field", they are just trying to get clicks by shock value. Brady is the Goat, this is coming from a Montana fan.

Defiantly the mvp on defense, Gilmore allows the patriots to double the next best wr bc he is good enough to be on an island and slow down(not completely shut down) the other teams best wr. But come on, "best player on the field", they are just trying to get clicks by shock value. Brady is the Goat, this is coming from a Montana fan.

They don’t mean best player as in career. They mean best player as far as the game goes. Brady certainly wasn’t the best player on the field last night.

Got away with a little arm grab on Cooks the play before the int but all part of the game. Gilmore is a playmaker.

Now people know why the Pat's paid so much for him . He caught alot of heat from the Boston Media and fans we he signed. Now they love him best Corner in the league.

Now people know why the Pat's paid so much for him . He caught alot of heat from the Boston Media and fans we he signed. Now they love him best Corner in the league.

boston folk & its media have a long history of of such colored comments, see history: jerry "pumpsie" green or ed "jim" rice.

Gilmore and Devonte Holloman(new HC at South Pointe). Didnt`t they commit to Clemson together, de-commit and then commit to us? I think Devonte would still be in the pros if he hadn`t gotten hurt. I know he had at least one pick vs. Clemson.

Reactions: funktavious

He grabbed the receiver's arm with one hand and batted away the ball with the other, but it was a great athletic play.

Gilmore and Devonte Holloman(new HC at South Pointe). Didnt`t they commit to Clemson together, de-commit and then commit to us? I think Devonte would still be in the pros if he hadn`t gotten hurt. I know he had at least one pick vs. Clemson.
Correct. They both committed to Clemson but decommitted days later and committed to USC.

Correct. They both committed to Clemson but decommitted days later and committed to USC.

I do not believe Gilmore ever committed to Clemson.

He grabbed the receiver's arm with one hand and batted away the ball with the other, but it was a great athletic play.
Like when he ate that Todd Gurley stiffarm... but punched the ball out. Gurley turned him inside-out and still got stripped by him.

Got to give Belichick credit for coming up with that defensive gameplan. He's got to be the all-time best coach. Maybe he'll smile once he retires.

Like when he ate that Todd Gurley stiffarm... but punched the ball out. Gurley turned him inside-out and still got stripped by him.

Think that was CJ and not Gurley . Still shocked how little Gurley touched the ball in the Super Bowl . Definitely a great play, CJ is an absolute bowling ball . Not many corners would have taken him on in the open field .

Think that was CJ and not Gurley . Still shocked how little Gurley touched the ball in the Super Bowl . Definitely a great play, CJ is an absolute bowling ball . Not many corners would have taken him on in the open field .
CJ is a beast. Maybe it was him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT