ADVERTISEMENT

Dabo, Dabo, Dabo, more senseless dribble from him

CCUIrmo

Jul 15, 2010
So in his press conference yesterday he says that Georgia only scored three on them and that THEY (Clemson) scored their other 7 points. So no credit to Georgia for a pick 6, it was Clemson that did that and nothing about Georgia.
Honest question here, has Dabo EVER given GENUINE credit to another team for doing anything against Clemson? How many ways can Dabo say Clemson only beat themselves and no team has ever really gotten the best of them.
Perhaps GT could say, "we didnt get stopped at the goal line by Clemson, we decided to lay down and not score for the betterment of the ACC". Maybe Florida St could say "We decided to really screw things up at the end and let Clemson win because we didnt want people thinking we were any good because we still want our coach gone."
Heck, why doesnt Vanderbilt just say "We let Carolina score so we didnt lose our spot at bottom on SEC East, we have that seat warm and cozy and dont want to lose it."
I mean come on dabo, give someone else credit.

I don't know exactly what he said, but coaches do this all the time...clarify how the opponents points were scored. It is true that UGA's offense only scored 3 points. And, if it was a game of ours, you can bet our fans would be saying we gifted them 7 points with the interception.

Reactions: CitTiger1
Is a jackass on a message board and a coach at a press conference supposed to be the same thing? "Oh the fans were saying it too." Bit of a different level of decorum there

All coaches do this though. It's not demeaning your opponent to note that your defense only gave up 3 points. Every coach everywhere does this.

Did you read the link? He says the teams that beat them were "pretty good" and were better than them that day. The first sentence of the quote is "I mean, I think it just comes with who we are as a program and nobody wants to give our opponents any credit,”.

He appears to be arguing that the teams they lost to were good, lamenting the fact that supposedly any team clemson plays "stinks".

I just think you're reaching on this one.

My God, why are so many of you on here defending Dabo? I don't care who else does the same thing Dabo does, Dabo is still a mouthy, whiny jerk. Have you all forgotten "The Rant". He didn't bother to do any "research" before claiming SOS said things he never did and went on a rant against everything USC. . I think we've got more taters on here than I thought. OP is right to talk crap about Dabo. I think we should all do the same. But instead, y'all are defending him like he's your idol or something.

My God, why are so many of you on here defending Dabo? I don't care who else does the same thing Dabo does, Dabo is still a mouthy, whiny jerk. Have you all forgotten "The Rant". He didn't bother to do any "research" before claiming SOS said things he never did and went on a rant against everything USC. . I think we've got more taters on here than I thought. OP is right to talk crap about Dabo. I think we should all do the same. But instead, y'all are defending him like he's your idol or something.

Or the flip side. If people on here are even pointing out the ridiculousness of a complaint, maybe that's an indication of how lame the complaint is?

Why not complain about the things he does, like the rant, rather than start a new thread complaining about the opposite of what he said in an interview.

To understand Dabo you have to remember he is the adult child of an alcoholic. He is at his core very insecure. Everything he says/does is to project strength and assert this mistake free self image. It is the reason he can’t be genuine.

Blast away and call it psychobabble, but look at him through that lens and he makes sense

It’s called looking at things objectively instead of being blinded by who you pull for.

Reactions: hillstosea
It’s called looking at things objectively instead of being blinded by who you pull for.
I don't see it that way. When you're a fan you're supposed to look for and point out anything that can remotely be considered negative against your rival, or in this case their coach. I hate Dabo almost more than I hate Clemson and I'll be happy to talk crap about him anytime I can. Of course we do live in a time where it's bad manners to say anything offensive to or about someone so I guess maybe that's got something to do with it. Either way, if someone doesn't think something being said about Dabo is legit, why not just move on without defending the prick who has disrespected OUR university more than pretty much anyone? I for one will never defend him no matter how right he may be. Just not my nature.

I don't see it that way. When you're a fan you're supposed to look for and point out anything that can remotely be considered negative against your rival, or in this case their coach. I hate Dabo almost more than I hate Clemson and I'll be happy to talk crap about him anytime I can. Of course we do live in a time where it's bad manners to say anything offensive to or about someone so I guess maybe that's got something to do with it. Either way, if someone doesn't think something being said about Dabo is legit, why not just move on without defending the prick who has disrespected OUR university more than pretty much anyone? I for one will never defend him no matter how right he may be. Just not my nature.
It’s your right to have that opinion and look at everything that way. With that said it is others rights not to and it does not make them any less of a fan.

It’s your right to have that opinion and look at everything that way. With that said it is others rights not to and it does not make them any less of a fan.
I agree except; I don't understand any true fan going out of their way to defend a rival's coach who has disrespected his university the way Dabo has ours. I can see disagreeing silently to yourself and moving on. But not publicly calling out your fellow fans to defend that person. Personally I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

So in his press conference yesterday he says that Georgia only scored three on them and that THEY (Clemson) scored their other 7 points. So no credit to Georgia for a pick 6, it was Clemson that did that and nothing about Georgia.
Honest question here, has Dabo EVER given GENUINE credit to another team for doing anything against Clemson? How many ways can Dabo say Clemson only beat themselves and no team has ever really gotten the best of them.
Perhaps GT could say, "we didnt get stopped at the goal line by Clemson, we decided to lay down and not score for the betterment of the ACC". Maybe Florida St could say "We decided to really screw things up at the end and let Clemson win because we didnt want people thinking we were any good because we still want our coach gone."
Heck, why doesnt Vanderbilt just say "We let Carolina score so we didnt lose our spot at bottom on SEC East, we have that seat warm and cozy and dont want to lose it."
I mean come on dabo, give someone else credit.
Dabo lives rent free in so many peoples heads.

You know it kinda cracks me up. Members here have said many times that they couldn't care less what Clemson does, and that they don't even watch their games, or anything about them. I agree with Newberrycocky1997! Sounds like many of you would prefer for something bad to happen to Clemson than for something good to happen to USC. That makes no sense for TRUE fans. Rant over!

Reactions: Newberrycocky1997
I agree except; I don't understand any true fan going out of their way to defend a rival's coach who has disrespected his university the way Dabo has ours. I can see disagreeing silently to yourself and moving on. But not publicly calling out your fellow fans to defend that person. Personally I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.
I personally was raised better than that. I wouldn’t say that last sentence about my worst enemy because that’s what I have been taught in my beliefs.

Did you read the link? He says the teams that beat them were "pretty good" and were better than them that day. The first sentence of the quote is "I mean, I think it just comes with who we are as a program and nobody wants to give our opponents any credit,”.

He appears to be arguing that the teams they lost to were good, lamenting the fact that supposedly any team clemson plays "stinks".

I just think you're reaching on this one.
Did you read the link, in particular the quote I pointed out. He says Clemson scored Georgia’s other points. Geez man can you not read it for what it says? How can you keep saying a direct quote is not there or read wrong?
oh wait, never mind, this must be Dabo himself on the board trying to change the narrative. Sorry Dabs, didn’t mean to “misquote” you.

Did you read the link, in particular the quote I pointed out. He says Clemson scored Georgia’s other points. Geez man can you not read it for what it says? How can you keep saying a direct quote is not there or read wrong?
oh wait, never mind, this must be Dabo himself on the board trying to change the narrative. Sorry Dabs, didn’t mean to “misquote” you.

Yes, I've seen many people make that comment about giving away points, even people on here.

If that annoys you, go for it. But you continue to complain about him not giving anyone credit any time when his whole quote is filled with giving other teams credit, and even lamenting that no one is giving his opponents credit.

I get the rivalry thing. I just see no reason to make stuff up. Hell, I'd defend Biden if someone lied and accused him of being rational. Not because of how I feel about him, but because it would be the truth.

If they keep losing, the Klempsun fan base will turn on him and he will fight back. This thing will get ugly.

Quit giving Dabo attention, he loses power and eventually starts to disappear.
Don't know if i would call a potential 9-11 win season "losing." Most of the alumni base is still happy with Dabo and would be moronic to fire or even consider firing a coach who has brought 2 national championships in 4 appearances. Just like with SC, the ones making all the noise about firing and all of that are the ones who have no real stock in the school other than being a fan. Pretty sure Alabama wasn't ready to fire Saban after their 10-3 season in 2010?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT