ADVERTISEMENT

Defensive line

Outside of Parker White, I can’t see any player on this team that would see the field for Clemson. And their team speed on defense is on another level. Or maybe we just aren’t that well prepared.

Reactions: Tmac069
Agreed. That said, we have struggled to stop them from the start of the game.
True. This team feeds off momentum and emotion. A score or some drives by our O can keep our D fresh and energized with the home crowd. Our D isn't world beater's my no means, but Clemson's O has no pressure/stress to score because of our lack of offense.

Reactions: viennacocks
Looks as bad as our OL. Two 5 stars and a top NFL prospect.
And to think they were going against one of the worst offenses in the whole dang country. Those 5* boys were legit coming out of HS, so I smell a coaching issue. Those 2 guys plus one of the top picks in the next draft should have done better against that friggin OL of the taters.

Foster who? The one who looked like he was running in syrup, as he over pursued a slowish freshman RB who ran right toward him? If nothing else, Clemmons continues to show we aren’t ready for Prime Time and/or the NFL

We don't have the depth on defense to compete against teams that want to run the ball down your throat. We really don't have the depth to keep lining up on defense when your offense gets their 1st first down on their 5th series. We need 10+ players with minimal drop off to rotate upfront. Going forward I am buying into Clayton White and his scheme but he doesn't have the horses yet. I knew the Offense was doomed when josh vann emerged as the #1 WR. Under Spurrier I felt like our WRs made the most of their time at SC but since he left it seems like if you aren't #1 it really shows. The OL is by far the weakest link by a landslide and we have to do whatever it takes to fix that asap.

Reactions: gamecock stock
They are tired. Our offense isn't helping them.

Offense and defense help each other. When your O is going 3 and out, your D will wear out.
So were they already tired on the first possession of the game where clemsux just rammed it down their throats and scored on their opening possession? This defense cannot tackle. We've got to be the worst tackling team in the SEC. Pursuit angles are pitiful also.

Reactions: viennacocks
So were they already tired on the first possession of the game where clemsux just rammed it down their throats and scored on their opening possession? This defense cannot tackle. We've got to be the worst tackling team in the SEC. Pursuit angles are pitiful also.
And yet they were heads and shoulders above last year. By no means am I trashing anyone on the defense because they played well enough to give us a shot if the O could have sustained a few drives.

Look at the number of transfers that ended up seeing time on both sides of the ball, some from schools we’d never heard of. That alone is an indication of where we are as a program.

I do think we will get better, but we have dropped so far that it will take time.

I am going to state the obvious. Clemson had a good offensive line. Our D still played good. Our LB's have been the problem on defense all year. Our offensive line has struggled all year. As has our QB's. We need better players at those positions. Our DB's have been the shock this season. Great improvement!

Foster who? The one who looked like he was running in syrup, as he over pursued a slowish freshman RB who ran right toward him? If nothing else, Clemmons continues to show we aren’t ready for Prime Time and/or the NFL
Jaylin Foster, leading tackler on team and Tied for most interceptions this year.

Reactions: 92Pony
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT