ADVERTISEMENT

Did Kornblut sabatoge our chances of getting Herman? He just couldn`t wait until their last

psycock

Jan 20, 2001
game was over, could he? Maybe he wasn`t coming anyway, but sounds like he was pissed. Thanks a lot - he has done this crap before instead of just waiting on things to actually happen.Everybody wants to have the 1st scoop and they are often wrong.

No. Literally no one except one Gamecock website is blaming PK. ESPN's Chris Lowe went out of his way to shoot that BS down.

Stop and think about it. Does a head coach really say, nah F it, to coming to a new job because of a local reporter? Think people.

Reactions: cock enforcer
No. Literally no one except one Gamecock website is blaming PK. ESPN's Chris Lowe went out of his way to shoot that BS down.

Stop and think about it. Does a head coach really say, nah F it, to coming to a new job because of a local reporter? Think people.
Unless it caused him some difficulty he wasn't planning on having to deal with.

Reactions: rooster59
Rather than criticize PK for sabotage, how about criticize him for incompetence? Heath Cline basically said today PK was wrong; there was no an agreement in place. The talks never got beyond an expression of interest from both sides.

game was over, could he? Maybe he wasn`t coming anyway, but sounds like he was pissed. Thanks a lot - he has done this crap before instead of just waiting on things to actually happen.Everybody wants to have the 1st scoop and they are often wrong.
Are you serious? No way a columnist changed Hermie's mind. He had other thoughts from the get-go. Used us as a way to get a raise.

Reactions: cockofthegoat
You're not really posting this, are you? Really?

Man, the gray matter of some of our fans is something to behold.

Reactions: BigTimeTiger
Heath Cline said from jump street his sources said it was highly doubtful Herman would leave Houston after only one year for South Carolina.
Be interesting to see who is right come sign the contract time. Heath or Korncat.

Really??? LMFAO!!!

The media is our worst enemy! Hope they dont' run ALL of them off!

Dude isn't coming (as of now). As we say with the recruits, "We only want those who want to be Gamecocks".

Sure, a million $$$ a year coach made his choice based on what a $35K a year "journalist wrote.

Herman gets $1.7M raise and doesn't have to move his family across the country. No brainer. Even if we want to blame somebody, it just makes sense to stay.

If he wants to be here, great. Pay the man what he's worth and let him get to work.

If he doesn't, oh well. On to the next candidate.

We are loyal to the Gamecocks and we will support whomever is the coach...if he wants to keep playing in front of 3000 people in HOU, let him...we can beat that by 80,000 on any given GameDay...

We have the facilities and the cash. We have the fans and a MUCH better conference.

People saying it was a no brainer to stay in HOU? No...it's a no brainer to upgrade. He literally had NOTHING to lose here. No pressure. We have had the worst season in close to a decade and are DYING for a little improvement. He would have gotten our undying affection for just being 6-6...but in HOU, he's 10-1 and has to BEG people to come watch?

Not upset at all. Herman is a smart guy. If he can't see that SC is a much better situation than UH, he's not nearly as smart as we thought he was.

Let me put it to you this way:

A 6-6 SC team still gets on National TV on a regular basis.

If HOU isn't undefeated or near the top of AAC, that game NEVER hits ESPN, Fox, CBS, ABC or TNT...

And the ultimate kicker? We have more fans OUTSIDE of WB tailgating than HOU averages in their entire STADIUM!!!! LOL...

Go COOGS!

If that's what Herman wants, good for him...on to the next one.

Let me put it to you this way:

A 6-6 SC team still gets on National TV on a regular basis.

If HOU isn't undefeated or near the top of AAC, that game NEVER hits ESPN, Fox, CBS, ABC or TNT...

And the ultimate kicker? We have more fans OUTSIDE of WB tailgating than HOU averages in their entire STADIUM!!!! LOL...

Go COOGS!

If that's what Herman wants, good for him...on to the next one.
He's getting a big salary bump, his team is kicking butt...he's destined to get a high profile gig soon. It's understandable that he wouldn't want to take over a dumpster fire that will take at the very least several years to be competitive.

"Journalists" can and do cause harm with their intrusion into things. That being said, that is the price of a free press. I just wish we had a way of scrutinizing the media the way they scrutinize other issues.

I don't know if Herman is holding out for a better job or just trying to get more money out of Tanner. I don't think he's been crossed off Tanner's list yet though.
I don't think Phil had anything to do with it but if Herman did get so pissed about his story, then it's probably for the best he doesn't come here.

The reality is---we are trying to sign a coach in the biggest year of open jobs in the history of college football. We're not going to get our first or second choice. We will get someone good, but they know what they are inheriting---a lack of talent on both sides of the ball.

Herman, I believe will not stay at Houston. He's waiting it out either at the end of the season move or one more year at Houston. He got a great raise this year and 3 million for next. He can afford to wait for the right job. Let's face it coming to the SEC and being competitive is not for the weak of heart. Herman is the hot name at the moment but I would rather have someone with SEC experience and understands what it takes to win.

No because there was never a deal in place anyway! What he (Korn) did if anything is cause Herman to have to respond to the rumors!

Korn can stand on sources all he likes but he made most of that up.....Really a deal in principal if the interview goes well and he likes Ray and his wife likes Columbia?

The first part of that was what bothered me because Herman has met Ray in the past at 2 events that I know of thus he already knows Ray Tanner!

Rather than criticize PK for sabotage, how about criticize him for incompetence? Heath Cline basically said today PK was wrong; there was no an agreement in place. The talks never got beyond an expression of interest from both sides.

Have been trying to tell the Herman Cult followers this for weeks but they heard it on the internet so it must be true!

There was NEVER any deal in place and the fact he said it was done and only depended on how he liked Ray and his Wife liked Columbia should have been enough to tell you that his source was his "rear-end" cause that's exactly where he got that information from.....

Last edited:
Reactions: 38gamecock
I think one thing a lot of folks are over looking is once these jobs start getting filled other jobs will open up. Hence if Strong decides to leave Texas then a great job at Texas would open up. I just don't think there is enough really good lower tier coaches to fill all the available jobs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT