ADVERTISEMENT

Did Tanner make a big mistake?

You get it. Too many think this is overachieving. It’s not. It’s doing what we are supposed to do.

This is our 14th super regional. We’ve been to Omaha 11 Times. Played in 5 championship games/series. When that’s your pedigree you beat ECU, OSU & Wilmington.
I could care less about pedigree. In college sports it’s takes one coach to ruin a program because it only takes 3 or 4 years of bad recruiting and you’re in the dirt. First time I’ve been excited about this team since Tanner was coaching.

Reactions: bushmastercock
You get it. Too many think this is overachieving. It’s not. It’s doing what we are supposed to do.

This is our 14th super regional. We’ve been to Omaha 11 Times. Played in 5 championship games/series. When that’s your pedigree you beat ECU, OSU & Wilmington.

I could be wrong but this didn't have anything to do with overachieving or underachieving and I don't think anyone disagrees that was a bad loss. The thread was about Kingston being the wrong hire and some implying Tanner is unqualified as an AD or flat out inadequate.

Reactions: bushmastercock
I could be wrong but this didn't have anything to do with overachieving or underachieving and I don't think anyone disagrees that was a bad loss. The thread was about Kingston being the wrong hire and some implying Tanner is unqualified as an AD or flat out inadequate.

You’re right. Never addressed that in the thread past or present. Any coach needs 3-4 years to evaluate & anything less really isn’t right.

Tanner is the right AD. Most of our programs are on solid ground. That’s the job of the AD

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat's right. Otherwise, we wouldn't have all been so p!$$ed off the last couple of years. I predicted a postseason run for this team back when the season started. I knew we had players. I figured we couldn't possibly be as ineptly coached as we had been under Chad. Some of our best fans upbraided me for being too optimist. They had been beaten down so badly by the mediocrity that they were getting ready to settle.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979

6 - 75, 77, 02, 10, 11, 12

Now I'm up 2-1 :D

First time I’ve been excited about this team since Tanner was coaching.

That’s probably not true. Hard to believe we went to a couple of super regionals under Holbrook and you could care less at the time.

Holbrook wasn’t a good coach, but it’s not like we were a game or two from Omaha and you didn’t get the least bit excited.
6 - 75, 77, 02, 10, 11, 12

Now I'm up 2-1 :D

When I’m wrong I’m wrong. 2-1.

Pedigree can't hit breaking stuff. Where has SoCal been the past 20 years

We should never have let Elon snap our 16 game winning streak in 2002

Elon has 6800 students. PC has a little over 1,000 I get your point but again we should never lose to PC.

If PC were a high school, it would be the 85th biggest in the state. There’s no excuse for losing to them...ever

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat's right. Otherwise, we wouldn't have all been so p!$$ed off the last couple of years. I predicted a postseason run for this team back when the season started. I knew we had players. I figured we couldn't possibly be as ineptly coached as we had been under Chad. Some of our best fans upbraided me for being too optimist. They had been beaten down so badly by the mediocrity that they were getting ready to settle.
many were upbraided for being too optimistic

Elon has 6800 students. PC has a little over 1,000 I get your point but again we should never lose to PC.

If PC were a high school, it would be the 85th biggest in the state. There’s no excuse for losing to them...ever
I don't remember anyone making excuses!

That’s probably not true. Hard to believe we went to a couple of super regionals under Holbrook and you could care less at the time.

Holbrook wasn’t a good coach, but it’s not like we were a game or two from Omaha and you didn’t get the least bit excited.

When I’m wrong I’m wrong. 2-1.
I’ve blocked all Holbrook era from memory.

I do not recall at any point, in any of your downer posts, any whiff of optimism regarding....well anything.
You didn't exactly do that correctly, so I fixed it for you. It's there in one of the early February baseball threads if you care to go back and look.

Only on Gamecock Central can you find people, who just having witnessed a sweep in a regional, go back to relive the year's worst moments. I bet you people were saying "The home run was okay but it's pathetic how bad a bunter Jonah Bride is; I blame that on coaching".

Reactions: rogue cock
Only on Gamecock Central can you find people, who just having witnessed a sweep in a regional, go back to relive the year's worst moments. I bet you people were saying "The home run was okay but it's pathetic how bad a bunter Jonah Bride is; I blame that on coaching".
It's quite the opposite...the people bumping this thread now are the ones that hate those type of people and want them to get comeuppance from the jackass opinions they spouted earlier in the year. If those people will keep their unwarranted complaining to themselves in the future these types of bumps won't be necessary

FTR King...I'm glad you were so staunch in your Supers prediction, and did not back down. Kudos, sir.
I appreciate it. You are the most faithful and knowledgeable baseball fan we have on here. I just needed for you to be a witness for me. I'm not known for unbridled, unreasoning optimism, as some posters require from Gamecock fans. I just felt like the fabric was there for this team to be pretty good - if the coaching allowed it to be. It looked dismal for awhile, but it coalesced at the right time.

It's quite the opposite...the people bumping this thread now are the ones that hate those type of people and want them to get comeuppance from the jackass opinions they spouted earlier in the year. If those people will keep their unwarranted complaining to themselves in the future these types of bumps won't be necessary

No, when people post that "this is what we're supposed to do" as if it was not an accomplishment and bring up losing to PC in a game that meant nothing it's more of the same. You don't have to go back to April to see these same kind of posts. Pull up the OSU game thread, mid-game these people were throwing in the towel, asking," when does the loser's bracket game start for us?".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT