ADVERTISEMENT

Dozier, Shuler, Felton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carey Rich

Gamecock Central Basketball Analyst
Gold Member
Jul 18, 2008
In my piece yesterday, I mentioned how P.J. Dozier was a "must get" for South Carolina because of reasons outside of his multidimensional skill set. As good as the staff has been in their recruiting, he becomes USC's best recruiter.

Behind the bench today were two prospects that will be offered by just about every program in the country before its over with, in Jalek Felton, both 2017 kids. I say that to say getting to Felton had been somewhat difficult. But getting Dozier adds instant credibility because the same schools that recruited Dozier are already recruiting Felton. So there's a relation.

Now, you're probably going to start hearing the doubters immediately suggest Felton, who's Raymond Felton's nephew, is a lock for UNC, which could very well be the case. But if my memory serves me correctly, Dozier was also a lock for UNC or Louisville.

You don't know if you don't recruit the kid. Who knows what can happen when a coach builds a relationship with a kid and earns the trust? I know what, the kid comes to play for you.

After the game all three, along with some other in-state talent joined the team in the locker room to celebrate. With the upgrade to the locker room, that's not a bad idea. Sweet digs back there.

Matter of fact, I had to drag my son out of there. He was apart of the celebration too (lol). I often kid my mother about having me too soon. The facilities and perks today's athletes enjoy are unbelievable. Ours were nice but not like they enjoy today.

Recruiting never stops.
This post was edited on 12/6 9:23 PM by Carey Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News