ADVERTISEMENT

For those worrying about Burch

THE COACH 23

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Gold Member
Oct 13, 2009
I know many of you are going to be negative nellies about Burch not signing and disagree with me about what I say.HHowever working with young men in my profession I'm going to say what I think anyway. I did post this under the post at the top of the forum but I wanted to post here because so lost could read it if they wanted to because not everyone is going to continue to read comments on an older post they have already read through. So I decided to post in a new post mainly because I keep seeing stuff about Burch not signing, oh were going to lose him no, wwhy didn't he just sign, and posting articles that other sports sites are writing about which they do to cause controversy. As for those sites like ESPN and the like of course their going to talk about this and him possibly wavering and so on to get views to stir up interest to get more views then write about again and again until Feb. So take that how you want, but I think it's garbage and I ignore it. As for my post I made here it is and don't say paragraphs are my friend or please use paragraphs. This isn't English class and if you read it your still reading the same thing whether it broken into paragraphs or not. Just saying before some one post that because I don't care. I just write what I have to say and move on. I don't care if I'd lose points on a high school or college essay.

Look I like most would of preferred Burch sign his LOI now rather than wait. However I'm sure he has his reasons why he didn't do so, and no I don't think it's because he wants to continue to be recruited or yank SC's chain so to speak. He seems to have excellent character, be a great person, very humble, and very low key type of young man who doesn't like a lot of attention like most kids out there. That being said I believe he will sign with SC without a doubt in February. He's kept everything about his recruitment close to the vest so much so no one knew were he was going or came close to guessing it either. I don't think I remember a 5 star blu chip recruit ever do what he was able to do as far as keeping it all quiet and no one really had a clue except for my guys Wes and Chris of course. You just don't see a young man keep things that quiet like he managed to do which again speaks to his character and the person he is not wanting attention. Most so call experts with crystal balls and other sites had him going to Clemson some to LSU but none I read said SC except for GC's staff. I haven't seen any player ever keep things so tight lipped about where he was leaning like the Burch camp did. So with that being said when you take all that into consideration and the type of young man he his I can't see anyway he flips after finally letting the world know where he is going. Especially after making the video and pulling the cap on national TV. Could it happen yes anything could happen but I think it's highly doubtful. Also before he ever commited to us I said why worry about sonething you can't control anyway. So just be happy he pulled our cap out and told the world he is coming to SC. If this was a kid that craved the attention and spotlight or was very open about his visits and other things during his recruitment like many 5 stars do. Like messing around pulling people's chains on Twitter or one minute saying this is my #1 school then the next min another is my #1 school and so on. If that where the case then I'd be worried. However he's never wanted the attention on him or acted like a primadonna like a lot of blue chip recruits that would cause me concern. This young man and how he carries himself makes me feel like there's absolutely nothing to be concerned about. Also I think what Muschamp said is important as well as I believe him in this case. I think he knew he wouldn't be signing until Feb but Muschamp talked with him and his family and they told Muschamp he has nothing to worry about at all. He may have even told Muschamp what many of you would love to hear that's he's done with visits and phone calls I'm all in at SC, and his parents also may have told Muschamp that as well. Also he may have been silently committed to SC for months now but finally decided to tell the world Weds and shut it down completely because most sure had it wrong where he was going to commit to. So from everything I've seen from him and hearing what Muschamp said I have no worries at all to be honest. I trust the young man as much as you can ever trust a young man making a decision like this because of how he's carried himself and his recruitment. I totally respect his decision to wait and do it with his friends. Yeah he could've went ahead and did it and still attended the ceremony, but for these young men who are actually kids let's be honest it means something to him to literally sign that letter with his friends. There also maybe a story behind him waiting that makes it mean something to him. Let's just say for instance he they were all friends starting out in football. They all got together and said look let's watch out for each other, allways have each other's back no matter what, and let's go ball out. Once we're done with high school none of us sign separately we do it together like we have done everything else. So when that day comes and we all are living a dream we share that moment together, and all sign at the same time on the same day in our ceremony not in individual ceremonies no matter what. I mean who knows maybe they all agreed to something like that. Yeah it sounds kind of silly but as kids we use to tell our friends stuff like this all the time. Let's just say that is the case again it speaks to his character and his devotion to his friends. Tell me you didn't say or do similar things like that as kids? We as fans don't understand because we want that signature but if you could think back to when you were 18 you could probably come up with a lot of things that were important to you for your own reasons that would of made absolutely no sense to others. So just be happy he committed to us Weds because he could've said nothing and then most of you would of been stressing, posting, wondering, and worrying until Feb to hear who he chose. He said he's coming to SC didn't wait to Feb to let it be known and I for one and glad for that. Go Cocks!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News