ADVERTISEMENT

Frank Martin, by all indications is a

hobcawcreekcock

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2000
Mt Pleasant SC
fine, honest, caring gentleman. He obviously knows basketball, and the players that stay with him usually improve. Maik Kotsar and Chris Silva immediately come to mind.

I like Martin, he’s brutally honest and tells it like it is most of the time. What Frank doesn’t do is recruit worth a damn, find players physically, athletically, or emotionally ready for an SEC schedule.

I’ve always liked his character and passion. What I don’t like are most of his results. If our fans are OK with yearly embarrassing losses costing us NCAA bids early in the season, only to see that we generally improve as the seasons progress year after year, then he’s our guy. Last night was a particularly crappy performance from top to bottom. CCU isn’t sone high mid major, they’re a program not even considered in the top 200 nationally right now.

Unless a drastic turnaround is in the cards in 2021/22, this will be his last hurrah in Columbia. Most of us were pulling very hard for Frank to succeed here. The FF run gave us hope, albeit proven, false hope, that Martin was THE GUY! I’m afraid those expectations, or reality, are OVER! He never built on that success??? It’s Jimmy’s and Joe’s, and we are woefully short there annually.

Personally, I wish things were very different, but the ‘proof’s in the pudding’ so to speak. Records, results, and progress just don’t add up for him/us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News