ADVERTISEMENT

*** Friday evening portal update... (5 p.m.)

Chris Clark

Football/Recruiting Insider
Jan 3, 2005
Wes here to pass along the latest I'm hearing...

I don't want to jump the gun here, but I believe there are reasons to feel good about Carolina's chances with all four transfer portal guys who are currently visiting South Carolina.

Obviously, there are always positive vibes when players are on campus, but this goes a little beyond that as I've received individual feedback on each that leads me to believe there's a ton of traction here.

As a reminder, the four guys on campus are:

Central Michigan DB Devonni Reed
Wake Forest RB Christian Beal-Smith
N.C. State DE Terrell Dawkins
James Madison WR Antwane Wells Jr.

South Carolina had some traction with Beal-Smith, Dawkins and Wells Jr. even before the visits and I've heard nothing but positive vibes there and I like the Gamecocks current position with Reed as well.

Additionally, there's some buzz circulating out there about Auburn wide receiver transfer Kobe Hudson that points to the Gamecocks having some momentum and possibly being the favorite.

As Rivals reported this morning, Ivy League leading rusher and Columbia grad transfer Dante Miller, a North Carolina native, is scheduled to visit Carolina next weekend. Miller is a 5-foot-9, 185-pounder speedster.

Stay tuned...

----------

Wes Mitchell reported a little bit ago that James Madison WR transfer Antwane Wells Jr. is set to be on campus today in Columbia.

In addition to that, two more more portal targets will be on campus for weekend visits.

One is Wake Forest RB transfer Christian Beal-Smith, and the other is NC State DE transfer Terrell Dawkins.

These are, of course, in addition to Central Michigan transfer safety Devonni Reed, who will finish up his visit tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News