ADVERTISEMENT

****Friday Night Lights (Updated 8:20)****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh Low

Gamecock Central Analyst
Jun 12, 2012
Here are the scores from the Gamecock commits that were in action this weekend and some stats I've been able to gather so far. I will update this thread as I get more stats throughout the weekend:

Larenz Bryant: Vance beat Independence (N.C.) 35-0 Thursday night to move to 3-0 on the season. Bryant had 167 yards rushing and a touchdown in the win.

Mohamed Camara: West Forsyth beat Gainesville (Ga.) 32-30 Thursday night to move to 1-0 on the season. Camara only played about half the game as he battled cramps. He did finish with nine tackles, a tackle for loss, and a sack in the win.

Pharoh Cooper: Havelock beat Jones (N.C.) 55-6 to move to 2-1 on the season. Cooper was taken out of the game before halftime because of the score. He did have two passing touchdowns and 241 yards passing before halftime.

Devante Covington: Richmond Senior beat Anson (N.C.) 58-0 to move to 3-0 on the season. I don't have any stats on Covington yet.

Ali Groves: Stephenson opens up their season tomorrow (Saturday) against Pine Forest (Fla.).

Alfy Hill: Los Angeles Valley Community College opens up their season tomorrow (Saturday) against East Los Angeles.

David Johnson: Lithonia lost to Miller Grove (Ga.) 27-6 to fall to 0-2 on the season. Johnson had 11 tackles and two sacks in the loss.

Bryce King: Dillon beat Latta (S.C.) 35-6 to move to 3-0 on the season.

Alan Knott: Sandy Creek beat Banneker (Ga.) 52-6 to move to 1-0 on the season.

Brendan Langley: Langley and Kell do not play this weekend. They did open up their season last weekend in the Georgia Dome with a 19-8 win. Langley had four receptions for 62 yards and two touchdowns. He also rushed the ball three times for 95 yards.

Ronnie Martin: Georgia Military College beat Chattahoochee Tech 48-12 Thursday night to open up their season at 1-0. No stats on Martin yet.

Connor Mitch: Wakefield beat Knightdale (N.C.) 34-7 to move to 3-0 on the season. Mitch had three touchdown passes in the win and did not play in the fourth quarter. Once I know his full stats I will post them.

D.J. Park: Dillon beat Latta (S.C.) 35-6 to move to 3-0 on the season.

Matt Rolin: Briar Woods beat Broad Run (Va.) 20-15 to move to 2-0 on the season. Rolin sprained his ankle Thursday at practice and did not play in the game. He said he will be back next weekend.

Jasper Sasser: Wolfson lost to Ribault (Fla.) 21-14 to fall to 0-1 on the season. No stats on Sasser yet.

Jamari Smith: Fletcher beat Englewood (Fla.) 52-0 to move to 1-0 on the season. Smith had three rushing touchdowns in the win.

Gerald Turner: Goose Creek beat Colleton County (S.C.) 44-0 to move to 2-0 on the season. Turner finished the game with six tackles and a sack in the win.

J.P. Vonashek: Camden County beat Ocala Vanguard (Fla.) 53-7 to move to 2-0 on the season.

Devin Washington: Jones beat Lake Wales (Fla.) 20-17 to move to 1-0 on the season. Washington had five tackles, a sack, and a QB pressure that lead to an interception.

Here are some stats on targets for South Carolina:

2013 running back David Williams (Philadelphia, Pa./Imhotep Inst. Charter) had eight carries for 133 yards and three touchdowns in a blowout win.

2014 receiver Blake Bone (Woodruff, S.C.) had five receptions for 140 yards in a loss.

2014 running back Derrell Scott (Havelock, N.C.) had two rushing touchdowns in a big win.

2014 running back Caleb Kinlaw (Goose Creek, S.C.) had two rushing touchdowns in a blowout win.

2014 receiver Jaylan Barbour (Monroe, N.C.) had seven receptions for 85 yards in a loss.

2014 linebacker Christian Miller (Columbia, S.C./Spring Valley) had six tackles, three for loss, two sacks, and a forced fumble in a blowout win.

2014 receiver Braxton Berrios (Raleigh, N.C./Leesville Road) had four rushing touchdowns in a blowout win.

2014 quarterback Drew Barker (Burlingon, Ky./Conner) was 4-of-10 for 112 yards and a touchdown. He also carried the ball eight times for 142 yards and two touchdowns. He didn't play the whole fourth quarter.

This post was edited on 9/1 1:51 AM by Josh Low

This post was edited on 9/1 1:56 AM by Josh Low

This post was edited on 9/1 12:35 PM by Josh Low

This post was edited on 9/1 8:21 PM by Josh Low

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews