ADVERTISEMENT

Gamecock Baseball Opening Weekend Rotation 02/17-19

All the starters are righty and hard throwers so my expectation is that Reagan(LH) will be set up guy and Johnson will close. Someone please layout mid week options and long relief

Talk about a 1-2-3 punch

That being said, my expectations for Crowe are low. Welcome back to the crucible.

We have 3 Friday night starters on this staff in my opinion! Omaha or Bust

While, yes, I too think we should make "The City That Shall Not Be Named" this year, a lot can happen in a season. I'm going to let the season play out. We MUST manage our staff properly, especially middle relief. That will be a deciding factor in how well we do this year.

Reactions: Anna_Nimmitty
While, yes, I too think we should make "The City That Shall Not Be Named" this year, a lot can happen in a season. I'm going to let the season play out. We MUST manage our staff properly, especially middle relief. That will be a deciding factor in how well we do this year.
I hope the coaches read this and get the message to manage our staff properly.

Friday - Clark Schmidt
Saturday - Wil Crowe
Sunday - Adam Hill
ALRIGHT!!!! 10 days to Baseball Season!!! I'm ready for it - Love to see us make it back to Omaha!! Heck, though I'm well aware of the "dont really wanna stretch my starters" theory before the playoffs begin, it'd still be good to win the SEC Championship again!! It's been awhile since we've even made a decent run in it.

JMHOFWIW! Now it's time to "PLAYBALL!!!"

Reactions: Out of Conference
Anna - you bring up a good point. I don't agree with pulling a starter, who's obviously in a groove and mowing down batters, simply because it's the 6th inning. Too many times the past few seasons we've done that and it's cost us leads/games. That is one of my biggest concerns, and quite a few others feel the same way.

Reactions: Anna_Nimmitty
It seems like we call on the best pitcher we have, ignoring righty/lefty; lefty/righty match-ups. And it has cost us several games.

Lot of RHP on this staff, so this year, not many options to play it a batter at a time.

It seems like we call on the best pitcher we have, ignoring righty/lefty; lefty/righty match-ups. And it has cost us several games.

Lot of RHP on this staff, so this year, not many options to play it a batter at a time.
I would LOVE more situational pitching, especially in middle relief. That was a cornerstone of our run in 2010 (Calvi used it well), and in 2011 Jerry did too, to an extent. But he got away from it. And I think we've suffered because of it.

Please please please use our whole bullpen and not the same two or three guys over and over again. Meyers frustrates the heck out of me when he does this. Bullpen depth is important, please use it!

Please please please use our whole bullpen and not the same two or three guys over and over again. Meyers frustrates the heck out of me when he does this. Bullpen depth is important, please use it!

Especially early in the season. Get these guys as many reps as possible so you trust them later on in the year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT