ADVERTISEMENT

Gamecocks! Important. Let’s talk about this new Garnet Trust. And, this new NIL landscape.

Rooster Louie

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Gold Member

Gamecocks! Important. Let’s talk about this new Garnet Trust. And, this new NIL landscape.​

It’s becoming evident how EXTREMELY important this opportunity is, to help our athletes and athletic programs.
Other programs are already getting going in full gear.

Check this out:
Washington has Montlake Futures. The founding partners are Amazon, Costco, Nordstrom, Alaska Airlines, Precept Wine.

Oregon has Division Street. Formed by NIKE founder Phil Knight.

Florida has The Gator Collective. Founded by former baseball player Eddie Rojas who manages a private equity fund. They're supporting 50 Gator athletes already.

More sites like those are on the way for other programs.

We have our Garnet Trust !

Gamecocks, WE have to take ownership and be pro-active.

We can now support our players.
And, Recruits are watching.

Win or lose, recruiting never stops for Beamer, Dawn, Frank, Kingston.

Let's get this thing JUMP STARTED fellow Gamecocks!

It only took me a few minutes to get going.
It was super simple and quick.
(As a bonus, we get the exclusive player interviews, plus in-person and virtual events.)

Here is a link.
Go Contribute what you can!
https://garnettrust.com/contribute-to-garnet-trust

Also, to help even more (beyond contributing) PLEASE COPY THIS entire message.
Go PASTE this message on Facebook, Twitter, other social sites, other message boards, etc.
Email your friends too.

Let’s each do our part to make this happen!

GO GAMECOCKS!

Last edited:
sorry, I didn't see your post when I made my post. This will be the biggest thing to improve USC athletics. It needs to be funded.

Reactions: Rooster Louie
Garnet Trust helps fund education expenses, living expenses, and transportation expenses, among other needs.

This fund will also allow athletes to financially benefit from some of the money they’re helping generate through college sports.

Put it this way. If we don’t become proactive and do something like this, Carolina will get left in the dust by the other schools who are willing to do so.
We will potentially fall behind in recruiting.

Check this one example out:

Last edited by a moderator:
So it really isn't improving anything it's just trying to not fall further behind.All the other schools are doing the same thing.The rich keep getting richer

Garnet Trust helps fund education expenses, living expenses, and transportation expenses, among other needs.

This fund will also allow athletes to financially benefit from some of the money they’re helping generate through college sports.

Put it this way. If we don’t become proactive and do something like this, Carolina will get left in the dust by the other schools who are willing to do so.
We will potentially fall behind in recruiting.

Check this one example out:

Wow, they are literally mirror images of each other.
d417283e5974dbc47f18ccf8ad6029fd.jpg

Reactions: vacock#

Gamecocks! Important. Let’s talk about this new Garnet Trust. And, this new NIL landscape.​

It’s becoming evident how EXTREMELY important this opportunity is, to help our athletes and athletic programs.
Other programs are already getting going in full gear.

Check this out:
Washington has Montlake Futures. The founding partners are Amazon, Costco, Nordstrom, Alaska Airlines, Precept Wine.

Oregon has Division Street. Formed by NIKE founder Phil Knight.

Florida has The Gator Collective. Founded by former baseball player Eddie Rojas who manages a private equity fund. They're supporting 50 Gator athletes already.

More sites like those are on the way for other programs.

We have our Garnet Trust !

Gamecocks, WE have to take ownership and be pro-active.

We can now support our players.
And, Recruits are watching.

Win or lose, recruiting never stops for Beamer, Dawn, Frank, Kingston.

Let's get this thing JUMP STARTED fellow Gamecocks!

It only took me a few minutes to get going.
It was super simple and quick.
(As a bonus, we get the exclusive player interviews, plus in-person and virtual events.)

Here is a link.
Go Contribute what you can!
https://garnettrust.com/contribute-to-garnet-trust

Also, to help even more (beyond contributing) PLEASE COPY THIS entire message.
Go PASTE this message on Facebook, Twitter, other social sites, other message boards, etc.
Email your friends too.

Let’s each do our part to make this happen!

GO GAMECOCKS!

Good to see yer lilly white skinny derrière is still movin’. Say hello to the snot man for me.😁

Those girls are hot.
I’m all for garnet trust and I’m more than happy to pay some athletes to come clean my gutters or rake leaves. Is that the intention? If so I think that is great.

The intention is to funnel money to chosen athletes from sponsors probably tied to that University.

Those girls are hot.
I’m all for garnet trust and I’m more than happy to pay some athletes to come clean my gutters or rake leaves. Is that the intention? If so I think that is great.
Is that you Rich Rodriguez?

So it really isn't improving anything it's just trying to not fall further behind.All the other schools are doing the same thing.The rich keep getting richer
I suppose there are different ways to look at it.

Do nothing and definitely fall behind.

Do something average just to keep up.

Do something great and better than other places and gain ground.

By the way, some might say USC is part of the "rich." Maybe not as rich as Ohio State or Texas A&M, but doing pretty well financially. It's just a matter of turning that into success on the field and court.

Is there a governance structure setup for Garnet Trust that has accountability for the funds?

Good question.

Garnet Trust is establishing an advisory board of former South Carolina student-athletes who have excelled as professionals to regularly review operations and bring new ideas to the table.

We've talked with some lettermen about serving on the advisory board. It's not established quite yet, but there's not much to review at the moment. :)

Reactions: vacock#
I suppose there are different ways to look at it.

Do nothing and definitely fall behind.

Do something average just to keep up.

Do something great and better than other places and gain ground.

By the way, some might say USC is part of the "rich." Maybe not as rich as Ohio State or Texas A&M, but doing pretty well financially. It's just a matter of turning that into success on the field and court.
Agree just don't see this making a whole lot of difference overall from where they've always been

Love the program overall -- obviously important to have something like this in place now.

Small quibble -- the name "Garnet Trust" doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies. Sounds cold, corporate, faceless, bank-like. I am having trouble thinking of something better though off the top of my head. I like Alabama Advantage. Something like that

Love the program overall -- obviously important to have something like this in place now.

Small quibble -- the name "Garnet Trust" doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies. Sounds cold, corporate, faceless, bank-like. I am having trouble thinking of something better though off the top of my head. I like Alabama Advantage. Something like that

There are some restrictions. For example, the name can't have "Gamecock" or "Gamecocks" in it.

Carolina Cache 😀

Reactions: Brian Shoemaker
So there is a freshman All America DL at Coastal apparently. In this brave new world, can a booster from USC just call him up and be like "hey kid, here's 10k from my car dealership if you want to transfer up the road"?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT