ADVERTISEMENT

Goodness, Texas is a complete mess. Some perspective for us.

Outside of the UF game, though, the D has essentially zero help from the offense. Heck, the D gave us 3 short fields against UK and the offense turned it into 0 points. Our D certainly has not been fantastic, but it's been good enough. If our offense was as good as our defense, we'd be sitting on 7 wins right now.
There have been a few times the D has given up, understandable with the level of non support from the offense. The only time they have dissapointed though was early at Tennessee and Missouri's last drive Saturday. Otherwise, they have been serviceable.

Beamer, your comment was that this year's defense was improved, but just not getting help from the offense.

He showed where the offense was pretty terrible in 2019 as well. Meaning that defense wasn't getting help from the offense either, while only being separated by giving up 2 points per game.

Beamer, your comment was that this year's defense was improved, but just not getting help from the offense.

He showed where the offense was pretty terrible in 2019 as well. Meaning that defense wasn't getting help from the offense either, while only being separated by giving up 2 points per game.

The 2019 team just isn't relevant to the discussion. There's just not much relevance to comparing 2019 to 2021. In any event, I specifically cited the UK game scenarios where the D created 3 turnovers to give our offense a short field and they got 0 points out of it. That has nothing to do with 2019. Further, the question is whether our D is improved with the new staff. Last year we gave up 36 ppg. This year is 30 ppg (considering SEC games only to compare more directly to last year). That's improvement and really doesn't have anything to do with 2019. I guess if we want to go back and talk about the 2019 team, we can start a thread for that.

The 2019 team just isn't relevant to the discussion. There's just not much relevance to comparing 2019 to 2021. In any event, I specifically cited the UK game scenarios where the D created 3 turnovers to give our offense a short field and they got 0 points out of it. That has nothing to do with 2019. I guess if we want to go back and talk about the 2019 team, we can start a thread for that.

It may not be relevant, it may be. (Considering improvement means based off prior years.)

But you did reply directly to his comment on the 2019 defense with reasons why this defense is different, only to have him refute those reasons.

Argue that now 2019 means nothing if you want. I just figured I'd try to stop the "you're ignoring my point" " you never made a point" back and forth.

It may not be relevant, it may be. (Considering improvement means based off prior years.)

But you did reply directly to his comment on the 2019 defense with reasons why this defense is different, only to have him refute those reasons.

Argue that now 2019 means nothing if you want. I just figured I'd try to stop the "you're ignoring my point" " you never made a point" back and forth.

I don't think I ever did address his comment to state why this defense is different from 2019.

In any event, it's readily apparent to anyone who has watched the games that the D has played well enough that we should be at 6 wins by now, if not 7. Have they been great? No. Better than last year? Without question.

I don't think I ever did address his comment to state why this defense is different from 2019.

Sure looks to me like you did in post #63. You even quoted his comparison of the two defenses, and then replied.

Maybe, and I've done it, you read the first sentence and rushed to reply before reading the whole thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT