ADVERTISEMENT

Hello! Happy to be here.

Caleb Alexander

Publisher
Staff
Apr 14, 2009
Hey guys,

I posted this at the bottom of the first article, but I figured I'd post it here to introduce myself. Feel free to ask me any questions. I've been following this site for almost 13 years, and have immense respect for the previous staff. My goal is to keep the flow of information coming with my own spin. I'll be around the forums for a few hours every day so feel free to tag me with any questions and I'll try to find out what I can. Like I said before, I appreciate the support and patience as I get my feet wet over here.

About me:
I am a lifelong Gamecock. My first game at Williams-Brice was the 31-0 win against New Mexico State in 2000 that broke the 21-game losing streak. I was 10 years old and remember watching with delight as fans stormed the field and tore down the goalposts. With very little context for Gamecock Football history beyond knowing it had been a long, long time since we had won any game, that win might as well have been the Super Bowl for me.

I remember my father explaining that the opening music was called “2001” and assuming that meant that 2001 HAD to be our year. I’ve witnessed our first top 5 home win vs. Ole Miss where somehow a Thursday night crowd was to this day the loudest that I’ve ever heard during that 4th quarter.

I saw Melvin Ingram take a fake punt to the house in Athens, gleefully cheered in a sea of orange when D.J. Swearinger flexed over Andre Ellington to set the tone for another win in the streak against Clemson, and I’ve been there with you in frustration, agony, and hopeful moments over the zigzag path since those top Spurrier years.

Ultimately what I’m saying is: I am very excited to be here, and I will be giving you my best, as a fan and a writer throughout the duration of my time here. I’ve been here on the same message boards as you since 2009, and I have tons of respect and admiration for the previous staff. I look forward to interacting with each of you and sharing my insights as we continue through this exciting time in Gamecock Athletics.

- Caleb

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News