ADVERTISEMENT

Help settle this debate

If they sell Christmas sweaters about the movie then it is a Christmas movie.

il_794xN.3490632792_bdda.jpg

Last edited:
It was settled last year that it is a Christmas movie by the heathens on FGF. Of course, it is not a Christmas movie, from the Christians on FGF.

What characteristics define a movie? Setting, music and content or script.

Time of year: Christmas Eve (1988)

Music: From its stereotypical festive instrumentation, to its inclusion of three separate Christmas songs, the music speaks for itself.

Content/Script: Albeit laced with violence, there are plenty of Christmas references & scenes thoughout the movie.

Conclusion: It is Christmas bent, if not a full blown Christmas movie.

My daughter and I debate each year this question. I am sure has been on here before but here goes:
Is Die Hard a Christmas movie?
I say yes she says no
It's definitely not a movie inspired by Christmas, but it is set during the Christmas holiday. I say it's a movie I watch during Christmastime.😁

My daughter and I debate each year this question. I am sure has been on here before but here goes:
I say yes she says no
The following from THIS WEBSITE:

New York City policeman John McClane (Bruce Willis) is visiting his estranged wife (Bonnie Bedelia) and two daughters on Christmas Eve. He joins her at a holiday party in the headquarters of the Japanese-owned business she works for. But the festivities are interrupted by a group of terrorists who take over the exclusive high-rise, and everyone in it. Very soon McClane realizes that there's no one to save the hostages -- but him.

And then there's this site:

Is Die Hard a Christmas Movie?

So there ya go. And if someone else has already posted such, then I do apologize!

What characteristics define a movie? Setting, music and content or script.

Time of year: Christmas Eve (1988)

Music: From its stereotypical festive instrumentation, to its inclusion of three separate Christmas songs, the music speaks for itself.

Content/Script: Albeit laced with violence, there are plenty of Christmas references & scenes thoughout the movie.

Conclusion: It is Christmas bent, if not a full blown Christmas movie.
It must portray the Christmas message.

Reactions: HI Cock
I say yes she says no
A father with a strained relationship with his wife had to overcome hardships to have a second chance with them with Christmas as a backdrop and impetus for the events in question? If that's not a Christmas movie then neither is " It's a Wonderful Life"

It is a Christmastime movie, not a movie about Christmas. So, it depends on what you are debating - both could be right or wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT