ADVERTISEMENT

I believe we can run on Jawga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope so, but we can't tell anything from a game against Coastal and their game against Peay.
I think our OL looks to have a little swagger and our backs ended their runs pointing north-south. Our backs are as good as Jawga just judging from watching both teams play weaker opponents. It wasn't long ago our OL couldn't even move a Coastal DL. I'm not saying we're going to blow Jawga off the ball for 4 quarters but we won't have to abandon the run to throw every down either. We can do this.jumpingsmile

Our defense was pretty sloppy against the option plays Coastal ran. We didn't play man and lane, we went for the guy with the ball. It looked liked we hadn't been practicing the option at all. I just didn't expect that kind of sloppiness. Hope they tighten it way up, or UGA will run for 300 yards.

Our first team defense did OK. I am uneasy about stopping Georgia' offense.
The Jawga offense is good and the OL is their strength we won't stop them all day that's a certain but I think we can stop them. The biggest fear I have about Jawga is their backup QB....lol

Reactions: CTdawg27
The D Line definitely has a lot of talent. Just young, I hope J.J. and Ricky can progress quickly.

The Jawga offense is good and the OL is their strength we won't stop them all day that's a certain but I think we can stop them. The biggest fear I have about Jawga is their backup QB....lol
and I'm sure they'll put in a package for him to run the football and run a little option with Fields.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Zamir White and he’s never taken a college snap. D’Andre Swift was our best back going into camp and he still is.
I've seen White run since his Soph year at Scotland High School and he H. Walker talent. I've seen him have 10 carries for nearly 300 yds I suggest you view his high school highlights I know it's high school but he was a man among men.

Reactions: geter
Bingo, if it gets any slower and lower we might as well go under center. I did notice when the backups were in the snap improved.
It's got to get cleaned up ASAP. Totally messing up the timing of our plays. We were very lucky a few times yesterday. Honestly, I'm very surprised after hearing Stanley talk about how many snaps they practiced this summer. I guess there's nothing like live action.

I've seen White run since his Soph year at Scotland High School and he H. Walker talent. I've seen him have 10 carries for nearly 300 yds I suggest you view his high school highlights I know it's high school but he was a man among men.

Glad to hear it. Wishing him a strong and quick recovery.

Reactions: kckd

I was thinking the same thing. Their backup quarterback scares me more than Fromm because he’s more mobile. I think we match up better with playing a quarterback who doesn’t run much.

We're beating Georgia; write it down. I'm just saying that you can't tell a lot versus Coastal.
giphy.gif

Our backs are as good as Jawga just judging from watching both teams play weaker opponents. We can do this.jumpingsmile

Put Down the Pipe... It's a game played by 18-20 year olds, so yes SC may win this game. But in any opportunity given, your coaches would straight up swap RB rosters in a heart beat. What hurts us is that Cooks is out first half due to targeting penalty, and you'll understand why that is a setback in the second half. He will be special.

Put Down the Pipe... It's a game played by 18-20 year olds, so yes SC may win this game. But in any opportunity given, your coaches would straight up swap RB rosters in a heart beat. What hurts us is that Cooks is out first half due to targeting penalty, and you'll understand why that is a setback in the second half. He will be special.
Now we've been told their backs are as good as ours, Bentley is better than Fromm, and their receivers are better. SC must be favored at home then... Do the Dawgs even have a chance??? ;)

and I'm sure they'll put in a package for him to run the football and run a little option with Fields.
Possibly - but just know the Fields is the better passer of the two as well. In fact, he’s the better QB. Some UGA fans already know this, and the rest will figure it out in due time. I just hope this week isn’t his coming out party.

I think we will move the ball on UGA. But stopping them is the real question....

Possibly - but just know the Fields is the better passer of the two as well. In fact, he’s the better QB. Some UGA fans already know this, and the rest will figure it out in due time. I just hope this week isn’t his coming out party.

I think we will move the ball on UGA. But stopping them is the real question....
IF Fields is better than the true freshman that went to the NC, then the Dawgs are in for some great things.

It's Cook, but I agree with most of what you've said. Not sure if he'll show he's special in the second half though in his first real game. Neither team really knows much about the other so far. Was impressed that SC's offense was executed as smoothly as it was though it was an overmatched opponent. Not always easy to make a big change like that in one off season effectively.

If you are so sure of your dawgs, why are you here? I promise I won't be on any Jawja sites this week!!!
Always interested in what other fanbases are saying... and I enjoy the back and forth. I also respect the love a person has for their team/university. I can also disagree with people without hating them or talking about their mother. It's all good. I'll also be man enough to give you guys a "you were right and I was wrong" if the Dawgs lose.

Now we've been told their backs are as good as ours, Bentley is better than Fromm, and their receivers are better. SC must be favored at home then... Do the Dawgs even have a chance??? ;)
I think too much emphasis is placed on the skill position players. Both teams have great skill position players that can hurt you. My biggest concern is how well will our defensive line be able to play against your offensive line and how well our offensive line can block your defensive line. We've got to play disciplined and not make too many mistakes. We'll see on Saturday.

Last edited:
Dunno about the running backs, but Fromm and Bentley may be closer than you think, and I'd take our receivers.

Reactions: Jaydawg98
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT