ADVERTISEMENT

I like Ray Tanner, but dadgummit, he was so involved with his . . .

67gamecock

Oct 3, 2000
Lexington, SC
promotion to the AD's job that he OBVIOUSLY dropped the ball on hiring his replacement ('Let's just git it done so I can get on with some back slappin' ') . . . and after USC had spent tens of millions of $$$ on baseball facility upgrades.

What a mess.

Ray needs to move quickly here. Fire Holbrook now and let jerry Meyers finish the season and then bring in Monte Lee.

What if he decides that his system, which I assume Holbrook is basically going by since he was on the staff a couple of years before Ray moved into the AD chair, is outdated and he decides to completely clean house? Would you still be happy that the whole program could possibly be scrapped and redone? Wouldn't that also be a huge risk yet a possibility?

Re: What do you suggest Tanner do?*****

Tanner tried to hire Holbrook two or three years before he came here. Monte Lee was hired instead. The plan ALL ALONG was for Ray to take the AD position and for Holbrook to replace him as our baseball coach. This was in place for at least three years, and happened just as most thought. Common knowledge that Tanner really wanted the AD position at USC, and that Holbrook was hired from UNC as his replacement.

They aren't going to fire Holbrook in the middle of the season unless he does something crazy. I am disappointed in the results just like everyone else, but knee jerking the HC mid-season isn't the answer...

Monte Lee was here since the early 2000's as a graduate assistant.

Nothing against Monte, but I say go get Corbin at Vandy! Offer a deal he can't say no to!

Holbrook will not be fired at the end of the year. It will take more than one bad year.

Originally posted by 67gamecock:

promotion to the AD's job that he OBVIOUSLY dropped the ball on hiring his replacement ('Let's just git it done so I can get on with some back slappin' ') . . . and after USC had spent tens of millions of $$$ on baseball facility upgrades.

What a mess.
I love it when the clueless post things as if they actually have a clue what they are discussing. Hilarious.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT