ADVERTISEMENT

I think Muschamp would be a great hire

yeasos

Jan 20, 2005
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Muschamp

He just needs to get the right staff and we would be just fine. I like an intense coach on the sideline, who you know Is into the game. I hate a coach who just stands there like he is listening to the radio. We are always getting screwed and he would be someone that would fight back for us. He is a great recruiter and could eventually fix our defense. Getting the right offensive staff would be the key, IMO.
WM has something to prove and I like that. Given time I think he would eventually get us to the top, IMO.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Muschamp

He just needs to get the right staff and we would be just fine. I like an intense coach on the sideline, who you know Is into the game. I hate a coach who just stands there like he is listening to the radio. We are always getting screwed and he would be someone that would fight back for us. He is a great recruiter and could eventually fix our defense. Getting the right offensive staff would be the key, IMO.
WM has something to prove and I like that. He wil

There is a difference between being intense and a raving lunatic. Have you ever known a person that acts that out of control be successful long term leading others...eventually people turn their backs and tells that person to screw off. WM has been in coaching for 20 years...his longest stint was at Florida and we see how those players were so highly motivated towards the end. Most places he was at he stayed for one to two years....that tells me people tire of him quickly.

As far as the ref thing. It is highly more probable that the refs are going to have a hard on for Muschamp now. You do not pull stuff like he did this past Saturday without ticking off everyone that is in that profession. If I assault a cop...I doubt I am going to get my respect now because I showed them I was not going to take their crap. Instead...they are probably going to watch me like a hawk and every chance they get they are going to bust my butt.

I see the writing on the wall here...It looks like it will be WM...but god help us now.

WM has something to prove and I like that.
Everybody who screws up has something to prove. One strategy is to hire screw-ups and hope their motivation overcomes their proven inadequacies. Another strategy is to avoid hiring screw-ups.

I'll let you guess which strategy I prefer.

WM is not my first choice, but he's far from my last choice. What excites me about WM is recruiting and a top-flight staff, especially on the offense. When you have such a one-dimensional HC, the coordinator for the other side of the ball has an exponentially better chance at landing a HC job somewhere else being that he pretty much has sole responsibility for that side of the ball. That's why Spurrier has spawned so many HC that used to be his DC. That being said, I wholeheartedly believe that WM could land a great OC, and our AD would be willing to shell out the $$$ to get one considering that it would be needed for WM to be successful.

Again, there are a lot of if's with will. If he does this, if he will do that. One fact that's known that never gets mentioned is the guy, no matter who he brings in, wants to run three yards and a cloud of dust crap. Think back to the days of Lou and that damn QB draw and "running the option" and his "athletic" QB's that couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. He should have recruited 100 more Phil Petty's.

Reactions: Brace1 and cocky4
WM is not my first choice, but he's far from my last choice. What excites me about WM is recruiting and a top-flight staff, especially on the offense. When you have such a one-dimensional HC, the coordinator for the other side of the ball has an exponentially better chance at landing a HC job somewhere else being that he pretty much has sole responsibility for that side of the ball. That's why Spurrier has spawned so many HC that used to be his DC. That being said, I wholeheartedly believe that WM could land a great OC, and our AD would be willing to shell out the $$$ to get one considering that it would be needed for WM to be successful.
I don't think you realize we STILL have to hire a DC and an OC. SMDH. The people who are championing him for this job are so clueless it's ridiculous.

I don't think you realize we STILL have to hire a DC and an OC. SMDH. The people who are championing him for this job are so clueless it's ridiculous.
You need to work on your reading comprehension, guy who calls others clueless. Please go back and re-read my very first sentence. Here, I'll make it easier for you: WM is not my first choice, but he's far from my last choice. That's hardly "championing" someone...

Will Muschamp is a bad baaaad move. Him being on staff is one thing, he being THE man is a oh heeeell no.
If he's as horrible as you say he is, why would you even want him on your staff? Last year he was the second coming to some of these posters and they couldn't stop whining about it when he wasn't hired.

If he's as horrible as you say he is, why would you even want him on your staff? Last year he was the second coming to some of these posters and they couldn't stop whining about it when he wasn't hired.
I never said I wanted him on my staff. I said that he's better being on staff than being the head guy, if we are forced to take him somehow. I don't think Will would have done much with our defense this year. Maybe a game or two difference. We just don't have the horses.

Reactions: Brace1
Honestly, I'm not sure who the HC is matters as much as the staff he puts together. With the right staff anyone can be successful.
Finally, someone with common sense. Way too many clemsux infiltraters, infiltrating this forum to keep us from out recruiting DEBOO. Da*n the negative post. Hire WM

Reactions: NetworkX
That is comedy gold, right there. :)

Ok we know Gators dont like him. Every situation is different. He may flop or he may do well. Anyone assuming they know is full of #$%^. You can speculate and use past history but that doesnt always play out.

You need to work on your reading comprehension, guy who calls others clueless. Please go back and re-read my very first sentence. Here, I'll make it easier for you: WM is not my first choice, but he's far from my last choice. That's hardly "championing" someone...
"What excites me about WM" - B.Springs Cock

If you're excited by him, you're part of the problem.

"What excites me about WM" - B.Springs Cock

If you're excited by him, you're part of the problem.

Why because you dont like him? How do you know he wont do well? How do you know he wont bring in an outstanding staff who recruits like crazy? Everyone assumes and past history isnt always an indicator of the future. EVERY situation is different. If you said " I dont like the way he acts" that is different. But to assume he will fail here is nothing more than speculation.

Everybody who screws up has something to prove. One strategy is to hire screw-ups and hope their motivation overcomes their proven inadequacies. Another strategy is to avoid hiring screw-ups.

I'll let you guess which strategy I prefer.
We have certainly proven (twice at least) that we can hire someone who was a proven winner and motivator (Holtz & Spurrier), and they have been considered by many to have failed. What's the harm in hiring someone who was fired from another school and may have learned a few things in the process.

Reactions: mbsurfside
Why because you dont like him? How do you know he wont do well? How do you know he wont bring in an outstanding staff who recruits like crazy? Everyone assumes and past history isnt always an indicator of the future. EVERY situation is different. If you said " I dont like the way he acts" that is different. But to assume he will fail here is nothing more than speculation.
Whether you like it or not, the past is a better predictor of the future than anything. Not to mention, we're talking about RECENT history! He pulled a Danica Patrick at UF; he was given the best resources, with the most money, in the best league. She is a mediocre driver and it wouldn't matter if you put her in Jeff Gordon's car. You're still gonna get the same results. Hope will only get you so far. It's sad to see so many people who claim to be Gamecocks settle for such a terrible choice.

"Think back to the days of Lou and that damn QB draw and "running the option" and his "athletic" QB's that couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. He should have recruited 100 more Phil Petty's."

Brad Scott recruited Phil Petty along with a ton of other players that out helped us win big under Holtz.

Reactions: jerryusc
We have certainly proven (twice at least) that we can hire someone who was a proven winner and motivator (Holtz & Spurrier), and they have been considered by many to have failed. What's the harm in hiring someone who was fired from another school and may have learned a few things in the process.
That's the worst reason for hiring someone...ever. These pics should make you salivate:
635848246294777147-mcneill-carousel.jpg

635843192874923623-COACHING-CAROUSEL-TEMPLATE.jpg

635843191743292369-COACHING-CAROUSEL-TEMPLATE.jpg

635843182307571884-COACHING-CAROUSEL-TEMPLATE.jpg

Whether you like it or not, the past is a better predictor of the future than anything. Not to mention, we're talking about RECENT history! He pulled a Danica Patrick at UF; he was given the best resources, with the most money, in the best league. She is a mediocre driver and it wouldn't matter if you put her in Jeff Gordon's car. You're still gonna get the same results. Hope will only get you so far. It's sad to see so many people who claim to be Gamecocks settle for such a terrible choice.

But you still dont know any of this.

What's the harm in hiring someone who was fired from another school and may have learned a few things in the process.
Because he may not have learned a few things in the process, and he may not be head coaching material, so what he learned may not make a difference. The harm is that you're probably increasing the likelihood of failure by hiring somebody who failed in an environment better set up for success than USC.

Although I've never met either, by all accounts Lou is one of the finest persons to ever coach football. He helped people and was a tremendous motivator. He never failed.

Spurrier is an arrogant prick of a coach. He only failed in the NFL and tucked tail and ran.

Muschamp is an arrogant prick that already failed in college. What I'm saying is I don't agree with your assessment and it could hurt a lot.

Although I've never met either, by all accounts Lou is one of the finest persons to ever coach football. He helped people and was a tremendous motivator. He never failed.

Spurrier is an arrogant prick of a coach. He only failed in the NFL and tucked tail and ran.

Muschamp is an arrogant prick that already failed in college. What I'm saying is I don't agree with your assessment and it could hurt a lot.
What assessment of mine do you disagree with. I don't think I made one in my post....only observations. I agree that Holtz was a great man. I feel the same about Spurrier. Many don't.

Just getting rid of our current coaching staff, particularly on defense, will be a significant improvement. Love the rumor about Marcus Lattimore as well ....

Reactions: NetworkX
"Think back to the days of Lou and that damn QB draw and "running the option" and his "athletic" QB's that couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. He should have recruited 100 more Phil Petty's."

Brad Scott recruited Phil Petty along with a ton of other players that out helped us win big under Holtz.
Lou tried to recreate Tony Rice in Jenkins and then Pinkins and that was the end of him as an effective coach for us. It was a real shame.

P&C and other outlets reporting Muschamp wants to bring in Kurt Roper in as OC. That's right - his offensive coordinator last year at Florida. Guess that Florida athletic director is still calling the shots on his coordinators.

Hilarious.

P&C and other outlets reporting Muschamp wants to bring in Kurt Roper in as OC. That's right - his offensive coordinator last year at Florida. Guess that Florida athletic director is still calling the shots on his coordinators.

Hilarious.
Just sit back and let it blow up. That's what I'm doing. This won't be on our heads.

Head coach. He will hire his supporting staff.
I'd be happy with one of the younger coaches that the other power 5 schools thought were good enough to take a chance on, I'd be happy if we'd still go after Riley and give Champ the DC job, I'd be happy with most any hire, just not Champ as the head man.

There is a difference between being intense and a raving lunatic. Have you ever known a person that acts that out of control be successful long term leading others...eventually people turn their backs and tells that person to screw off. WM has been in coaching for 20 years...his longest stint was at Florida and we see how those players were so highly motivated towards the end. Most places he was at he stayed for one to two years....that tells me people tire of him quickly.

As far as the ref thing. It is highly more probable that the refs are going to have a hard on for Muschamp now. You do not pull stuff like he did this past Saturday without ticking off everyone that is in that profession. If I assault a cop...I doubt I am going to get my respect now because I showed them I was not going to take their crap. Instead...they are probably going to watch me like a hawk and every chance they get they are going to bust my butt.

I see the writing on the wall here...It looks like it will be WM...but god help us now.

Really solid post.

If you look at his stint at Florida, it actually went pretty well the first two years. Then in year 3 they had some injuries etc.. it all fell completely apart. They lost 7 games in a row to end the season including getting smoked by Vandy in Gainesville and obviously losing to Georgia freaking Southern.

That kind of stuff is on the head coach. The team pretty much just gave up. I don't think it is a stretch to say he isn't the most stable guy in the locker room during a losing streak. You just can't do that as a HC or you will lose the team.

Sean Elliott never lost his team, they fought hard with 1/30th the talent of the 2013-14 Gators. That said, I think we just have to take a huge risk on this and hope he can control himself. He is a good enough recruiter and defensive mind to take a risk on.

Really solid post.

If you look at his stint at Florida, it actually went pretty well the first two years. Then in year 3 they had some injuries etc.. it all fell completely apart. They lost 7 games in a row to end the season including getting smoked by Vandy in Gainesville and obviously losing to Georgia freaking Southern.

That kind of stuff is on the head coach. The team pretty much just gave up. I don't think it is a stretch to say he isn't the most stable guy in the locker room during a losing streak. You just can't do that as a HC or you will lose the team.

Sean Elliott never lost his team, they fought hard with 1/30th the talent of the 2013-14 Gators. That said, I think we just have to take a huge risk on this and hope he can control himself. He is a good enough recruiter and defensive mind to take a risk on.
This is why Bobby Knight was never successful as a head coach.

This is why Bobby Knight was never successful as a head coach.

Not everyone that acts like a lunatic is unsuccessful. But I would say it definitely lowers your chances. Also, completely different sport. I can't think of any successful head football coaches that act like Bobby Knight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT