ADVERTISEMENT

I was wrong about Doty...

john8220

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2011
Charleston, SC
It's just one game, but I said I would come on here and admit being wrong if Doty looked good as QB1, and that's what I'm doing now. He came in and looked in command, he threw crisp passes into tight windows, and his deep throws looked much, much better. What I liked the most about the deep ball that Vann wrestled away from the defender (I've seen criticism from some on social media saying if it wasn't for Vann that it would've been an INT) is that Doty TRUSTED Vann to make the play. Of course there's things to work on, but you can tell Doty worked his ass off in the offseason to get better. I think it probably helped having Brown and Gauthier in there every step of the way pushing him, and the way those guys all support each other and work together helps them all. Now let's hope he can continue to improve and that the bad foot doesn't become too much of a problem.

As for Brown, I still believe he is very capable of being the starter. With the way our OL has been playing, he better continue to be ready.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News