ADVERTISEMENT

If Rattler is turning pro...

vidaliagamecock

Nov 20, 2001
Would we think of grabbing Will Roger's out of the Portal?

Probably not because his success came out of the air raid and you'd assume he is looking for that offense again, but he has a strong arm and he lit us up. He buys us 1 more year for Sellars and maybe Reno to get ready. Thoughts?

I think Rattlers going pro, but will be in good shape with Sellers at QB.

It’s the other positions I’m worried about.

I hope Carolina’s staff has been shopping the portal all season. That and maintaining contact with recruits that chose elsewhere, and may be interested transfer here now. Kind of like what I think FSU did with Bell at the end of last season. And a few other play makers.

Our staff can’t be lackadaisical about recruiting. We’ll find out next season if they have been or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: bayrooster
Rattler is our best ever QB. You don't think this year would have been worse without him?
I don't think best ever. He's in the middle of the pack for SEC QB's and not listed in the top 100 in the draft projections. Combines no doubt will help his stock. Would have been an awesome season for him if he would have had some protection and a solid running game from the start.

I don't think best ever. He's in the middle of the pack for SEC QB's and not listed in the top 100 in the draft projections. Combines no doubt will help his stock. Would have been an awesome season for him if he would have had some protection and a solid running game from the start.

Name a better QB then.

I can't think of another USC quarterback that can make every single throw like Rattler can, especially with his overall accuracy.

He throws the 15-17 yard down and out pattern better than any QB I remember in USC history. That's a tough pass to attempt and there have been good quarterbacks in USC history where we didn't even call that play because they couldn't throw it with any accuracy. Rattler repeatedly throws that pass in every game, with accuracy.

Rattler's arm is stronger than every USC quarterback we've had- and it's not close- outside of maybe Anthony Wright who had a true NFL arm (and Rattler's arm is stronger than Wright's but Wright's is at least comparable) but not the accuracy and couldn't throw on the run as well as Rattler can.

I can't think of another USC quarterback that can make every single throw like Rattler can, especially with his overall accuracy.

He throws the 15-17 yard down and out pattern better than any QB I remember in USC history. That's a tough pass to attempt and there have been good quarterbacks in USC history where we didn't even call that play because they couldn't throw it with any accuracy. Rattler repeatedly throws that pass in every game, with accuracy.

Rattler's arm is stronger than every USC quarterback we've had- and it's not close- outside of maybe Anthony Wright who had a true NFL arm (and Rattler's arm is stronger than Wright's but Wright's is at least comparable) but not the accuracy and couldn't throw on the run as well as Rattler can.
Dang I liked a DD post. F me.

Good post. Thompson could rip a ball on the same level as Rattler.....he just didn't have as much of the mobility component. In terms of overall effectiveness, Rattler is somewhere between Shaw and Thompson.

IMO, Rattler's decision making is easily his most underrated asset today. Credit the staff because he came in very rough around the edges in that category. Our OL and RB struggles have actually served to sharpen his game considerably.

I enjoy my anonymity. Name a professor and we'll see if we're in the same time period. Who did you have for Quantitative Methods or Tax Law, etc.?
I graduated in 2009 and I literally don't remember 1 professors name of the top of my head. I have had a little to drink, but this is concerning.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT